Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please help the uninformed

Easily_Lost
Easily_Lost
✭✭✭✭✭
I have read a lot of Forum stuff on Homestead. What does it mean people will want to upgrade there furniture, do they mean from white to green etc. What will these upgrade do? why would it be worth it?
Edited by Easily_Lost on January 25, 2017 8:39AM
PC - NA - AD
started April 2015
PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many furniture types have a version of each quality, which get fancier as you go up the quality tree. For example, a dunmer chair may have a basic, white quality that is basically a few boards thrown together, and then a green quality that adds a little decoration, and the a blue quality that has a seat cushion, and a purple quality that has embroidery on the pillow. They're all basically the same item, and all of them serve the exact same function... the higher quality ones just look nicer.

Homestead itself is all about building up the best home you can to suit your tasts, so asking what these upgrades "do" is like asking what a manor does over a small house. It's just nicer stuff. So, if you intend to spend time decorating your house, you'll eventually want the nicer stuff over the basic stuff, because it looks fancier. That's all it means. If that's not your cup of tea, no need to worry about it. :)
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Right now the functional aspects of the homes appears to be:
    Teleport back to it.
    Setup crafting stations
    Setup craft stations of specific set types.
    Target dummies amd dps reports.
    Setup your assistants for others to use

More function may come later.

Size may play a role in some of these.

I could see a Guild collecting tons of loot and buying a large home or estate, then setting up things like crafting stations attuned to the PVP zone tables - so that their guild mates ca use those without going into Cyrodil/IC etc. Same for DLC one IF you can use them without the DLC. (Not sure)
    They could also have several target dummy setups - one solo, one trio etc.

I myself would like to setup stations for Clever Alchemist, so i can craft at it without the usual fight thru bad guys at the citadel.

But it is possible that some homes might not have the space for lotsa crafting tables etc.

IDK.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BlackSparrow, thanks for the answer. I guess I better start saving my Tempers, Tannis, and Resins.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still wondering how uniforms fit into this thread.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Right now the functional aspects of the homes appears to be:
    Teleport back to it.
    Setup crafting stations
    Setup craft stations of specific set types.
    Target dummies amd dps reports.
    Setup your assistants for others to use

More function may come later.

Size may play a role in some of these.

I could see a Guild collecting tons of loot and buying a large home or estate, then setting up things like crafting stations attuned to the PVP zone tables - so that their guild mates ca use those without going into Cyrodil/IC etc. Same for DLC one IF you can use them without the DLC. (Not sure)
    They could also have several target dummy setups - one solo, one trio etc.

I myself would like to setup stations for Clever Alchemist, so i can craft at it without the usual fight thru bad guys at the citadel.

But it is possible that some homes might not have the space for lotsa crafting tables etc.

IDK.

With regards to the DLC stations, ZOS confirmed that players without the DLC could use them.

With regards to the assistants, the last PTS patch changed the Fence Assistant earned from the Thieves' Guild line to only be used by other players who also have him unlocked.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »

Probably a typo. Uniformed likely uninformed. :wink:
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »

Probably a typo. Uniformed likely uninformed. :wink:

LOL I changed the title.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only