Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can't apply enchantment to Nirnhoned Item

dominic.iraceb14_ESO
I starting using my Nirnhoned Staff yesterday and when i was finished with a dungeon, i went to "re-charge" my equipment and noticed that my Nirnhoned Staff didn't have a charge bar.. when i went to add an enchantment to it, there is no option??? I can: link in chat, destroy, lock...etc.. but no enchant? Is this not an option for Nirnhoned items??
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a way to enchant Nirnhoned just like any other weapon/trait. A screenshot here along with the item link of the weapon would help narrow down the issue.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    I should mention that the Nirnhoned staff that i am using was the one out of the Nirnhoned Coffer that i received for completing the Craglorn Quest. I figured it was exactly what i needed so there was no sense in researching it just to remake it again within 30 days...

Do you think those Coffer items are different from crafted nirnhoned items?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are different, try and decon it. You can't*. Your only supposed to sell it or research it. Now, I don't know if you cannot change the Enchantment, but it would not surprise me if it that was disabled too.

*I honestly don't think I had locked it, but I do remember immediately going to a crafting station to decon it as I had already researched the trait on all items.
    Edited by Nestor on January 23, 2017 4:51PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    I should mention that the Nirnhoned staff that i am using was the one out of the Nirnhoned Coffer that i received for completing the Craglorn Quest. I figured it was exactly what i needed so there was no sense in researching it just to remake it again within 30 days...

AH. thats why. it's give to you to research. bummer you can't put gylp on it.

i can't craft staff's with Nirn yet, if not i would make you one.

• dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    That's the bummer..... i already have the Nirnhoned Staff, but for me to destroy it and wait 30 days for research to just remake it again?? Does the gylp add that much of a benefit? How does it calculate out.. (ex.. will add 25 additional DPS per hit)..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to improve the Glyph that is already there?

Or are you trying to gain more damage by using a different glyph?

For the first, just improve the staff, the glyph will improve with it. Well, it should anyway, look at the preview screen closely. These things do follow different rules.

As for changing out the glyph to get more damage, kind of maybe, not really. The total amount of damage,or damage plus absorption, or irresistible damage vs elemental kind of evens out with regards to glyphs. In other words the glyph you pick has more to do with how you play than a Min/Max thing. Of course the Min Maxers will disagree with me, but the reality is, its a few percent difference over time, not something that makes the difference between surviving or not a fight. There are some passives that increase say damage with Lightening or Fire, but it's still not a huge game changing increase, more a little more oomph in the attack. In other words, if the 30 days of research is the reason you don't want to research the staff, then use it and don't worry about a few points of damage you might be leaving on the table.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    It's the Exemplary Nirnhoned Inferno Staff.. did not come with any glyph. Just states that it's 160, deals 10% damage and I've improved it to Lend. Other than that.. I've tried to add an enchantment, but there isn't an option to do so.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really should be using a set weapon if you're going to make nirnhoned...otherwise it's a bit of a waste.

You can't decon or enchant those. They were made to force players to research them to encourage nirnhoned research into the game.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on Xbox NA I can make you a nirnhoned staff with whatever enchant you want. Just hit me up with a message GT BehelitApostle.