Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

• Ninane
    Ninane
    Mix wrote: »

BUG: I cannot seem to turn in any "A Masterful Feast" quests. I only checked EP, but @Truthsnark seems to be having the same problem

I have this same issue in DC
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @CREEP Excellent work and thank you!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    Should i store The max-level writ rewards for opening after the Patch?
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible rewarding algorithm on the blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking Master Writs.

They fail to reward people that have 9 traits researched, yet they greatly reward a Nirnhoned item.

I would give the boot to the devs that made this system in a heartbeat.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are the rewards for clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking different?

It is supply and demand that dictate material prices.
    By making blacksmithing Master writs reward more than others, you are making metal tempers even more expensive by increasing their demand.

This is the perfect opportunity to normalize the prices of upgrade materials, and what do you do?
    The exact opposite.

Oh, the boot you would get if I was your boss would leave you with a buttache for months.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    are items purchased with vouchers tradeable. ie the skeleton.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should i store The max-level writ rewards for opening after the Patch?

Not for Master Writs, no. Dev's have said no carryover.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Writ.png

Can some dev here tell me the logic behind this?

A 9 trait set that takes over two months to research (if the crafter only focused on researching only that particular item) rewards you with TWO Vouchers?!!
    And yet if it requires a specific trait (Nirnhoned) it will give THIRTY THREE Vouchers?!!

Do you realize that you need to know Nirnhoned to be able to craft Morkuldin?

FIX THIS!
    Before it comes on the live servers.

Suggestion: ( A + B ) x ( C + D )

A = 2 to 9, corresponding the number of traits needed for the set
    B = 0 to 3, corresponding to the rarity of the motif; normal > rare > alliance > exotic
    C = 1 or 8, corresponding to the quality; epic or legendary
    D = 0 or 1, corresponding to the number of Nirn materials used

In the above examples, the values would be:
    22 Vouchers
    96 Vouchers
    9 Vouchers

The highest possible reward would be 108 (it's 288 on the PTS currently).
    The lowest possible reward would still be 2, but it would not be as common as it currently is.
    Edited by Dubhliam on January 22, 2017 5:30PM
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO they should have made the test dummy an achievement purchase for completing all the dungeons or something. I don't think it should be part of these master writs.
    Edited by BuddyAces on January 22, 2017 6:46PM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies in advance if this has been asked already but...if I store up my crafters reward crates will I have a chance to loot master writs from them when the patch goes live? o.o
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    Do I get master writs if I dont have the DLC where I have to craft the item(s)?
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    Apologies in advance if this has been asked already but...if I store up my crafters reward crates will I have a chance to loot master writs from them when the patch goes live? o.o
    There is no chance. Old boxes do not drop master writs after 2.7.2. I opened few hundreds of them after EU characters got copied. Doing writs now in PTS give boxes with new ID, which do drop master writs.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    david19979 wrote: »
    I believe you will get such master writs. Since your character have to make the gear, you have to either get access to the DLC or sell the writ. Master writs are sell-able in guild stores.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    david19979 wrote: »
    I believe you will get such master writs. Since your character have to make the gear, you have to either get access to the DLC or sell the writ. Master writs are sell-able in guild stores.

Okay thanks, I see the majority of the high-end writs are in DLC zones, so it will be selling for me and grinding for lower ones..
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the vouchers can be shared between chars on a single account or are they bound to each char doing the master writ, ala undaunted keys?
  • laurajf
    laurajf
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say at this point is that there is nothing I've experienced in master craft writs that I'm willing to spend my gold mats on. These housing items need to be UNBELIEVABLE for me to spend the gold materials on for me to be willing to part with them. Let me craft banking and merchant assistants who give me guild store access and who repair my gear, and maybe I'll think about it, but letting me craft a skeleton and specialized crafting tables that take me just a few extra minutes to travel to? No. Just no.

Maybe I'm missing something more, but I've not seen ANYTHING I'm willing to part with my extremely expensive gold mats for.

If I didn't need this stuff to upgrade my gear, that would be one thing, but I can't even get my alts golded out without serious farming pain. Not doing it for housing stuff, as much as I love housing.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    Master_Writ.png

A 9 trait set that takes over two months to research (if the crafter only focused on researching only that particular item) rewards you with TWO Vouchers?!!
    And yet if it requires a specific trait (Nirnhoned) it will give THIRTY THREE Vouchers?!!

FIX THIS!

B = 0 to 3, corresponding to the rarity of the motif; normal > rare > alliance > exotic

22 Vouchers
    96 Vouchers
    9 Vouchers

The lowest possible reward would still be 2, but it would not be as common as it currently is.

At first glance the only two things I can think of are the motifs and traits. The woodworking one requiring a blue, cheap Orc motif and the smithing one requiring a much more rare, much more expensive Celestial motif. Plus the Smithing one requires Nirhoned materials the other two don't.

However you are spot on about doing a set that requires 9 traits needing to be rewarded with more then two vouchers.

EDIT: just realised the middle one is legendary, definitely see your point and hope you get a proper answer.
    Edited by MattT1988 on January 23, 2017 7:39AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    Master_Writ.png

FIX THIS!

22 Vouchers
    96 Vouchers
    9 Vouchers

At first glance the only two things I can think of are the motifs and traits. The woodworking one requiring a blue, cheap Orc motif and the smithing one requiring a much more rare, much more expensive Celestial motif. Plus the Smithing one requires Nirhoned materials the other two don't.

However you are spot on about doing a set that requires 9 traits needing to be rewarded with more then two vouchers.

EDIT: just realised the middle one is legendary, definitely see your point and hope you get a proper answer.

I strongly disagree.

The formula given puts way too much weight on non-expendable, non-cost elements that will apply over and over and over "free" and way too little on the "per writ" expense of the style token and trait token.

Nirn vs diamond is not expense-wise a difference of only a x9 multiplier vs a x8 multiplier on every writ.

Similarly being tbs set 9 traits req vs say death wind 2 traits req - a tbs orc training factors in at 9x8=72 at top quality but a DW nirn in the most exotic and expensive style token possible is 6x9=54?

No way.

For a repeatable gain, the per use costs have to play the majority of the cost factor - but here this formula makes the non-repeatable the largest single element.

Your trait knowledge is already going to give you more gains- you can do more writs. Someone with only 5 traits wont be able to complete 6-9 trait writs. someone without all the motifs will not be able to complete as many.

Its just not a good idea to setuo a system which so heavily favors re-usable elements over per use actual costs. (Well, for anyone other than those already sitting in the 9 trait sweet spot - for them its a windfall.)

if i were to make a rough estimate of a cost factor it would be the following as three equally rated scores

Cost = SxQxTxD divided by a factor to give us the upper limit of vouchers.
    S = Style token frequency/cost
    Q = Quality from epic to legendary if thats all they provide for in these writs
    T = Rarity of trait toker - obviously common vs nirn.
    D = Difficulty (R+N) (combination of the rarity of the motif R and a factor for the number of traits (N))

The starting point i would have is letting S Q T and D all have a min score of 2 and a top score of 6 resulting in 16 min to 1296 top max possible and then you could just choose a divisor to get the final - if we used say 10 then the top top most rare difficult voucher would be 625/10 = 130 vouchers and the min would be 16 but easily any other set of values could be applied.

this puts the reusables (i know a rare trait and i am making a 9 trait set) a place at the table but they in no way overshadow the actual loss per writ of the rarer style token, nirn trait stones and gold quality tokens.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am uncertain that anything in the shop that pertains to these writs is worth the effort save perhaps the motif and the recipe. It is to costly for most of the other things on there unless you just have nothing else to spend gold on.

Yes attuned crafting stations are nice but as mentioned not needful therefore much to costly for a convenience item.

The recipe takes such a rare drop item that few have it and the item often sells for well over 1 million gold. (Which seems rather silly if the intent was to have a crafter be able to actually make the recipe.)

However the motif appears to only have one source and that being on this vendor.

Yes there are gold patterns on there. Is it really worth the effort to pay that much for something that is not actually functional as in it serves no purpose but to look nice? I am sure some will feel it is something they would want but I prefer functional before showy ...especially since few will be allowed to visit my home. So showy would literally serve little to no purpose.

While I can admire the effort put into this system I am uncertain if things remain as they are I would want to participate in it. To much for to little.

Further I would like to note that I find the system to gain motifs this time round to be overly muscular. In other words the requirements to gain said motifs are to high. First the ebon motif requires high costs in mats and such to gain the full motif. Two of them are placed behind hard mode dungeon requirements to have a guaranteed shot at them. Already the yokudan motif which requires the dailies in craglorn are somewhat difficult to obtain and from the looks of things the last motif this round will also be a grind fest. Might I suggest not gating motifs or style mats behind dungeon or trial gates. People that do that content already have enough loot. Motifs are for crafters. I know there is some cross over between the crafter and the warrior types however most warriors are not coming to us for equipment. You have insured this with the multitude of dropped sets that are better then crafted... overland as well as dungeon and trial only. Also I would like to suggest we slow down how many motifs we decide to throw the crafters each time we have an update. Four several with some rather ridiculous requirements to obtain seems more then a little excessive.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @mlstevens42_ESO

i know what you mean.

i want to be excited over housing
    and in fever pitch have plans stretching into millions of gold or eq crowns and have crafters awaiting something new but...

keep running into the "for what" of it.

different mounts, pets, motifs, gear - all things i use/see every day in play.
    banker, merchant, smuggler - all things i use every day in play.

But crafting stations in my house - since i still have to leave to go pick-up writs right beside crafting stations - dont see the big deal. Clever alchey in my house so i dont have to fight there the once in blue moon... sure but at what cost for a once a month maybe at best avoidance of a half dozen mobs and overland types?

Skeley - maybe - but really again at what cost?

hoping when it hits and i look things grab me and i see the "what for" plain as day.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

"The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STEVIL
    I guess I can see your logic behind "players with less traits have less writs at their disposal".

However, if we are to look at the pure expense of finishing a writ, I hope we can both agree that the current formula that values a single Epic Nirn item 3x more than a legendary item is seriously flawed.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Nirn vs diamond is not expense-wise a difference of only a x9 multiplier vs a x8 multiplier on every writ.

Similarly being tbs set 9 traits req vs say death wind 2 traits req - a tbs orc training factors in at 9x8=72 at top quality but a DW nirn in the most exotic and expensive style token possible is 6x9=54?

The expense of one Nirn material plus the most expensive style material barely come to the value of a single legendary temper fro crafting armor.

I see your point where people that don't have all traits researched are already gimped by not being able to craft all writs.
    However, I would not trust ZOS to put a value on certain rare materials, nor should they do that.
    The price of materials is determined by demand and supply, ZOS should only "lump" a number of styles of similar rarity. Demand will do the rest to equalize the price.

Just as ZOS should not differentiate between tempers, rosin and tannin. They are all equally rare, and they should grant the same rewards.
    It is supply and demand that drove Tempering Alloys to the high prices. If ZOS rewards each Master Writ equally (metal/wood/cloth) then the prices of tempers/rosin/tannin will get closer together simply because there will be a high demand for rosin and tannin since they are cheaper currently than tempers.

If ZOS grants more rewards for blacksmithing Writs, then tempers will get even more expensive.
    Unless this is somehow their way of "fixing" the Heavy Armor meta.
    Screw the new tank players, if you want to tank, you need to be swimming in gold.

The formula needs to be universal, and have as little factors as possible.
    Only three factors then:
    • Motif rarity: normal, rare, alliance, exotic
    • Nirnhoned or not
    • Epic or Legendary

Now they just need to figure out that a multiplier for Legendary should highly outweigh the multiplier for nirnhoned.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @STEVIL
    I guess I can see your logic behind "players with less traits have less writs at their disposal".

However, if we are to look at the pure expense of finishing a writ, I hope we can both agree that the current formula that values a single Epic Nirn item 3x more than a legendary item is seriously flawed.

I can agree in a general sense and thats why i wanted those to have equal weight but from my experience such as it is i tend to get gold tokens coming in on a regular basis, albeit slowly, but farming for nirn is almost a waste of time - only really showing up for me one nirn per *survey* from craglorn while i often get two gold from any other survey - including those from craglorn when i refine those mats. So to me, from a "have surveys" plus decon standpoint, the diff in availability of nirn vs goldies is not as much as the price on the markets.

But that gets to part of the issue - if you view these writs in terms of "gold coins i have to spend in guild stores" you get a different result than if you see them as "time i have to spend getting the stuff i need" which is why we may differ on the replaceables v reusables.

For me, in routine play (in routine surveys and decone) i get goldies. For nirn, not so much cuz my typical play doesn't involve dedicated farming runs to craggie and craggie surveys are few and far between compared to everywhere else.

When i view mats i view them from the lens of doing them myself, not buying the mats in stores (seems to be of dubious value that way) and so writs that make use of tokens i routinely acquire in normal play are much more readily completable.

i imagine thats true for many but not all.

So, a single purple nirn item that also uses a rare to acquire motif token that doesn't drop in routine play has a higher "expense" to me than a gold item with common style and traits.

Regardless, the math can be worked out and frankly. the result will be it encouraging the play of certain content... thats obviously one of the goals for this system on the broader scale with so many achievements and so many diverse items needed all over the place.

YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch 2.7.3 experiences:
    I got slightly more master writs than previously. The difference was small and can be just RNG. I am getting very few provisioning writs. I have two crafters with full recipe knowledge and few with significant amount. Still have got only one. Again might be RNG but as well might need investigation The drop rate is low because half of the writ boxes are below max level.

Legendary gear with normal trait writ reward is still crap.
    In no way is this acceptable:
    Screenshot_20170123_232233.png
    versus
    Screenshot_20170123_232836.png
    That is plain stupid. Nirn value is 10k, alloys 80k and still nirn is valued three times higher. @ZOS_PhilipDraven , some explanation of this ZOS logic? Actually scrap that explanation, just fix it.

I found this from template:
    Screenshot_20170123_232847.png
    I wonder how do i craft Deadly Strike set?

- The client crashed more often than previous. I didn't get the ZOS "What did you do" dialog but Windows "Program has stopped".
    Edited by helediron on January 24, 2017 6:42PM
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    As something that is receiving little traction, I feel inclined to make another comment about it to raise awareness of the issue and in hope we get a dev response;

As of PTS patch v2.7.2 and v2.7.3 (Was unable to test prior builds of the PTS because I didn't have access to my characters) Crafting Surveys are NOT providing the new housing materials for Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing and Enchanting surveys. They are only dropping on Alchemy surveys.

I decided to harvest some of my Crafting Surveys I had, enough to provide conclusive data, but not all to test potential 'fixes' in further builds of the PTS.

Below you can see the results of my findings:
    *Worth noting I only harvested 3 Alchemy Surveys and received 8x Alchemical Resin RNG or not 8x Alchemical Resin in comparison to 0x 0x 0x 0x of all other crafts suggests they are not dropping and are therefore bugged.

So why is this a problem? Problem is and why I keep bringing this up is besides crafting surveys the only means to obtain these new housing materials is from farming. Something many people will be doing to;

a) Farm materials for their house
    b) Farm to Make gold out of selling the materials
    c) Farm material nodes in general to sell for gold (Farmers)
    d) Farming materials for writs (maybe)

Sure there are other reasons people will be farming nodes, but the problems these will provide is that come day 1 and for a week or two minimum into the new patch there will be a rat race of people farming materials in every zone to accommodate for the reasons listed above.

With this being said the price of the materials will be high. As is everything at the start of a patch. So your options come housing is either the Crown Store (no thanks), Farming 30mins to craft a chair, farming another 30 mins for a second chair, farming 30mins for a table and so on and so forth(Exaggerated to prove a point), but something many people will be forced in to doing hence the rat race term described earlier. Or simply buying the materials farmed by others via Zone/Guild traders etc. Again a gold sink everyone will want to avoid given the other expenditures they will have (including the houses themselves).

So what does fixing this BUG do?

a) Prevents needless farming for items you would like to craft to make or sell from your own sources as a crafter available to you (Crafting writs/surveys basically).
    b) Further injection of the materials into the economy making it more easily available.
    c) Rewards crafting/crafters not fixing or removing from writs devalues standard writs by a large margin, especially with the decline in gold mats/ which will decline further as a result of the farming rat race.
    d) Means people who are interested in housing have better chances/Even more so if crafters themselves at obtaining the new materials which you will need in abundance to craft/decorate your houses/guild halls without too much of a struggle, from the grind for basic materials *Almost like being put on a house waiting list lol*

I have mentioned this bug a few times as have others and have also provided data as have others previously, but the devs remain silent on the matter as well as it not having been fixed/mentioned at all in past PTS Patches. So can we get any confirmation @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert that you are at least aware of this issue and if not and I have enlightened you, then any chance this will be looked at/fixed before Homestead goes live?

PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    Blacksmithing Writ Algorithm solved!
    (for those curious see attachment. Data used is tab 1, reference values tab 2, and formula to calculate for any possible writ tab 3).

Did not have enough data to include all motifs, thus Primal, Minotaur, Abah's Watch, Dro-m'Athra, and Hallowjack are not evaluated.

Most notable:
    If legendary is requested a "value" is MULTIPLIED by 3.8.
    If nirnhoned is requested a "value" is MULTIPLIED by 6.
    If both are requested a "value" is MULTIPLIED by 22.8 (same of above individually).
    If legendary AND nirnhoned AND 9-trait set requested, MULTIPLY VALUE BY 45.6 (basically double one previous).

Highest possible writ reward will come from 9-trait set, legendary, nirnhoned, request in Celestial, Draugr, Akaviri, Glass, Yokudan, or Order of the Hour. This will reward 328 writs.

As of PTS patch notes 2.7.3, Akaviri writ value is increase 10%. Would need more data to see what variable was changed.

Thank you again @Dominoid for the original data sheet.
    Edited by CREEP on January 24, 2017 8:33AM
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    As something that is receiving little traction, I feel inclined to make another comment about it to raise awareness of the issue and in hope we get a dev response;

As of PTS patch v2.7.2 and v2.7.3 (Was unable to test prior builds of the PTS because I didn't have access to my characters) Crafting Surveys are NOT providing the new housing materials for Blacksmithing, Woodworking, Clothing and Enchanting surveys. They are only dropping on Alchemy surveys.

I decided to harvest some of my Crafting Surveys I had, enough to provide conclusive data, but not all to test potential 'fixes' in further builds of the PTS.

Below you can see the results of my findings:
    *Worth noting I only harvested 3 Alchemy Surveys and received 8x Alchemical Resin RNG or not 8x Alchemical Resin in comparison to 0x 0x 0x 0x of all other crafts suggests they are not dropping and are therefore bugged.

So why is this a problem? Problem is and why I keep bringing this up is besides crafting surveys the only means to obtain these new housing materials is from farming. Something many people will be doing to;

a) Farm materials for their house
    b) Farm to Make gold out of selling the materials
    c) Farm material nodes in general to sell for gold (Farmers)
    d) Farming materials for writs (maybe)

Sure there are other reasons people will be farming nodes, but the problems these will provide is that come day 1 and for a week or two minimum into the new patch there will be a rat race of people farming materials in every zone to accommodate for the reasons listed above.

With this being said the price of the materials will be high. As is everything at the start of a patch. So your options come housing is either the Crown Store (no thanks), Farming 30mins to craft a chair, farming another 30 mins for a second chair, farming 30mins for a table and so on and so forth(Exaggerated to prove a point), but something many people will be forced in to doing hence the rat race term described earlier. Or simply buying the materials farmed by others via Zone/Guild traders etc. Again a gold sink everyone will want to avoid given the other expenditures they will have (including the houses themselves).

So what does fixing this BUG do?

a) Prevents needless farming for items you would like to craft to make or sell from your own sources as a crafter available to you (Crafting writs/surveys basically).
    b) Further injection of the materials into the economy making it more easily available.
    c) Rewards crafting/crafters not fixing or removing from writs devalues standard writs by a large margin, especially with the decline in gold mats/ which will decline further as a result of the farming rat race.
    d) Means people who are interested in housing have better chances/Even more so if crafters themselves at obtaining the new materials which you will need in abundance to craft/decorate your houses/guild halls without too much of a struggle, from the grind for basic materials *Almost like being put on a house waiting list lol*

I have mentioned this bug a few times as have others and have also provided data as have others previously, but the devs remain silent on the matter as well as it not having been fixed/mentioned at all in past PTS Patches. So can we get any confirmation @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert that you are at least aware of this issue and if not and I have enlightened you, then any chance this will be looked at/fixed before Homestead goes live?

I prefer them to be lower than higher.
    In the end it's a matter of perspective and individual preference.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch 2.7.3 experiences #2, now writs done 2*12 characters, all 6 writs at max level:
    Drop Rates:
    - My true master crafter gets one master writ per day. She got one master writ 6 days in a row until today none.
    - Medium crafters (8 traits, some motifs) get a master writ every second day.
    - I have not tested crap crafters.

Other:
    - Alchemy master writs are most common because effectively everybody is at master level. Are skill points assignment as part of drop probability? If not, i think they could.
    - Provisioning master writ drop rates are buggy. They are low because half of the provision writ boxes aren't even max level. The provision quest is either CP50 or CP150 and former does not reward master writs.
    - Now when i see the formula of blacksmith writs, i think it's all wrong. Nirnhoned is too highly valued while Legendary is heavily undervalued. I would put Nirn to multiplier 3 and Legendary to 7.6 . The drop rates have changed favouring epic and that too should increase Legendary's value.
    - The new random epic plan documents were a good addition. Beyond skellies and motif there were nothing else worth to spend.
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did all 6 writs on 9 characters, which 2 of them are master crafters and others vary.
    I got 1 alchemy writ on one of the master crafters. Worst day ever :(
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Akrasjel Difference between lower and not at all :D Considering they drop on alchemy surveys but not at all on other professions this is clearly a bug no matter preference.
    Edited by Grumble_and_Grunt on January 24, 2017 10:06PM
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken