The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Master Crafting Writs: Some Questions

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    I haven't had any new materials drop from any of the multiple surveys that I have done so far. I was starting to think it was a bug so I'm glad to hear that some people have gotten them, but still upsetting that they drop so little. So far I can safely say that I get a higher drop rate on nirns from surveys than I do on the new materials.

I had at least 200 surveys sitting on my lazy mastercrafter. So I ran some tests tonight.

Enchanting Survey:Wrothgar II 10 Minutes = 0 Mundane Runes
    Rares: 181 Jejota, 82 Denata, 41 Rekuta, 5 Kuta. Most Common: 115 Ta, Rejera 113, Deni 50, 48 Jehade, 45 Oko, 41 Makko.

Alchemy Survey:Wrothgar I 5 Surveys = 11 Alchemical Resin
    Most common: 44 Wormwood, 34 Mountain Flower, 28 Bugloss, 24 Corn Flower, 18 Columbine, 100 Blessed Thistle, 8 Lady Smock.

Blacksmith Survey:Wrothgar I 5 Surveys = 0 Regulus
    800 Rubedite Ore and 11 Cassiterite Sand

Clothier Survey:Wrothgar I 7 Surveys = 0 Bast
    633 Raw Ancestor Silk, 464 Rubedo Hide Scraps, 10 Casiterite Sand.

Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

To follow up after posting my last post... Blacksmithing/Clothier/Woodworking have a lot more requirements than the other 3 crafts, so just drop motif knowledge and leave it at researched traits so its something anyone can do. As per my other post Motifs are just cosmetic, they really have nothing to do with how good of a blacksmith we are, or how well we can work Rubedite, it just shows us how to shape it different ways to make it prettier or uglier.
  • Grumble_and_Grunt
    Grumble_and_Grunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    Thanks for getting back to me @baratron, if you could check that'd be great, but no real rush, sure I'll find out myself when EU gets their char copies. @Soella mentioned them dropping from his/her surveys so could have just been poor RNG. Either way I saw your comment and was scratching my head so thought i'd ask :p

So, it seems to be extremely poor RNG.

6 Alchemy Surveys and 4 Enchanter Surveys gave 13 Alchemical Resin and no Mundane Runes.
    Proof: https://www.twitch.tv/baratrongirl/v/114363662

1 Blacksmithing Survey, 5 Clothier Surveys, 4 Woodworking Surveys, 1 Enchanting Survey gave precisely ONE Furniture crafting item: 1 x Bast
    Proof: https://www.twitch.tv/baratrongirl/v/114362479

Please excuse friends in the background. I don't pretend to be a professional streamer, so you get to hear whoever I'm talking to on Teamspeak or Skype as I play.

@baratron Thanks for taking the time out to showcase this, very much appreciated!
    PC EU
    Fix Powerful Assault
    #3Qbiken
  • drunkenspidey
    drunkenspidey
    ✭✭✭
    Tradeskill mastery (which determines your odds of receiving a master writ from a top tier writ reward box) is meant to imply a long-term dedication to the craft. This varies from tradeskill to tradeskill.

For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.
    For Provisioning, this is instead your collection of known purple and gold recipes as they are a strong overall representation of dedication to craft.
    With Enchanting, we instead look at the total overall rune word translations you’ve completed on that character.
    And with Alchemy, we look at how many reagents from which you’ve completely learned all effects.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.

Regarding provisioning, a strong representation of dedication to craft should include learning green and blue recipes, since some of the low level recipes are rare.

There also should be achievements for learning all recipes (prior to dlc, separate one).

Also, it should be clear if individual recipes, motif pages and traits matter or if only total completion counts. Achievements and a progress bar for tradeskill mastery should be used.
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    Do I get master writ drops if I don't have the required DLC where I have to craft the item(s)?
  • ImTaylorSwift
    ImTaylorSwift
    Soul Shriven
    If I have 0 traits learned and 0 motifs learned, what would the chances of getting a writ voucher be? Would it essentially be zero? trying to decide if it's worth pursuing.