The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HARASSMENT ON ESO XBONE

TARAFRAKA
TARAFRAKA
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have a guild member who shared some disturbing screenshots with me today and I am posting on his behalf.
Background: He has Muscular Dystrophy which is a very debilitating disease that will eventually kill him. He is in a wheelchair and is unable to walk. ESO is essentially his ONLY form of communication socially as he does not leave his house very often, and he has no friends or family.
Now, he does not usually play PVP because it can be a bit rough in there with the crap talking between people. He decided to go in with us and we saw a former guildmate of his healing the group we were fighting. As usual, we aim to kill the healer first. We succeeded.
She whispered him numerous times saying "hasnt your disease killed you yet", "i hope you die p**sy* and other extremely insensitive remarks. He didnt respond.
Normally, I say block and ignore. I realize though, that if this individual is killed IN PVP by other individuals in the future, she may also lash out at them and that gives the game I love a very bad name.
Who can I give these screenshots to so we can have this member warned etc?
@ZOS_DaryaK
@ZOS_GinaBruno
Darya, you have always been willing to help me and I am hoping you can give the shots to the appropriate people. He is hesitant to report her himself. I however give no f**ks.
EDIT: This was not supposed to be in PTS. Please move to appropriate section.
Edited by TARAFRAKA on January 20, 2017 7:37AM
  • DragonBound
    DragonBound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TARAFRAKA wrote: »
    So I have a guild member who shared some disturbing screenshots with me today and I am posting on his behalf.
    Background: He has Muscular Dystrophy which is a very debilitating disease that will eventually kill him. He is in a wheelchair and is unable to walk. ESO is essentially his ONLY form of communication socially as he does not leave his house very often, and he has no friends or family.
    Now, he does not usually play PVP because it can be a bit rough in there with the crap talking between people. He decided to go in with us and we saw a former guildmate of his healing the group we were fighting. As usual, we aim to kill the healer first. We succeeded.
    She whispered him numerous times saying "hasnt your disease killed you yet", "i hope you die p**sy* and other extremely insensitive remarks. He didnt respond.
    Normally, I say block and ignore. I realize though, that if this individual is killed IN PVP by other individuals in the future, she may also lash out at them and that gives the game I love a very bad name.
    Who can I give these screenshots to so we can have this member warned etc?
    @ZOS_DaryaK
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Darya, you have always been willing to help me and I am hoping you can give the shots to the appropriate people. He is afraid to report it himself due to retaliation and getting a bad name among their mutual friends. I however give no f**ks.

Wow, who is this horrid person? She better not be in one of my guilds.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's awful for sure, but why are you posting this on the test server forums?
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can report them to xbox as well even add your screen shot... could get the offense person banned off xbox as well.

But I have to ask.. why is this on the PTS forum?
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dammit. didnt realize it was on pts. and i cant report it on xbome because the screenshots are not on my feed, they are on his.
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw that screenshot, I instantly reported that person through Xbox and ESO, what a terrible person.
    Edited by Isellskooma on January 20, 2017 3:18AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your friend can open a ticket on the support site, and attach the screenshots. That's better than doing it on the forums. It's also pretty insensitive of you to publicize this if he has a fear of retaliation. To anyone who knows, I including the harasser, your friend will still be identifiable by your post, and will be associated with any trouble that comes of it.

What was said is beyond horrible and should be dealt with harshly, but bringing attention to a victim that wanted to lay low is not the right approach. Use the support portal instead.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why in the PTS forum?
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Why in the PTS forum?

that was an accident. when posting on mobile, it automatically creates the discussion in the section you are in. I did not discover that until this post lol.
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that screenshot, I instantly reported that person through Xbox and ESO, what a terrible person.

I appreciate that. He is an amazing guy and to see someone hurl such awful statements at him broke me feels.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC when you target a player one of the options you get is to report them, which gives you the option to explain why you're reporting them and then sends a ticket to ZOS. I think you can do it via chat as well but I haven't tried that.

Is that not possible on Xbox?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report them the person immediately! Which faction are u in?
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did he die tho?
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    Did he die tho?

no he didnt die wtf dude.
    we ganked the sh*t outta her though. over and over. she is on the kill on sight list now. we will chase her to ends of tamriel if necessary.
    and no that option that doesnt work like that on console. we are console plebs dude.
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've moved this thread to the General Help forum. Please send me the offender's name and your friend's name via PM @TARAFRAKA and I'll make sure it gets investigated.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you rock as usual Darya.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We have closed this thread as this situation really can't be handled through the forums, I apologize this wasn't done earlier.

Please be aware, however, that harassing players in retaliation is not acceptable and may lead to disciplinary action against the game accounts of those involved. To be perfectly clear, I suggest you call off the dogs, immediately and let our support team handle this as they deem appropriate.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.