Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

• CrazySonoran
    CrazySonoran
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the majority here about master writs requiring a legendary item to do as being acceptable, especially blacksmithing requiring 8. So how about having multiple types of master writs, some requiring green quality, a few less requiring blue, even less requiring purple and a rare number requiring gold mats to do, but scaling the reward vouchers accordingly. As it is why should be do a blacksmithing writ requiring 8 Tempers when we can just do a few more consumable master writs over time and not have to spend 90k gold extra for a shiny new bling for our house.
  • Woolenthreads
    Woolenthreads
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Your post is also somewhat ignorant, the Order of the Hour style has nothing to do with the DB questline. Anyone can craft OOtH style as long as they have the mats (which drop from the Gold Coast zone or can be bought in every store), and the motifs (which drop from world boss dailies in Gold Coast, and are also sold in every store), meaning even if you don't even own the DLC, you can buy whatever you need in guild stores and still make it.

*bored* and your ability to read clearly is obviously not very good. I said "DB DLC" not "DB Questline". Perhaps it was implied though when I said "characters whose concept has never involved the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood" and you assumed it was a given.

I have already spent some time and 0.5M in-game money buying motifs in preparation for this however I'm not sure I want to spend the money to buy the motifs for my 4 characters who can craft if the DLC conforms to the set-up currently on PTS which "does not acknowledge items crafted by an alternative character". Instead I would have to do the crafting writs on one character only or reject the MW's on the other characters. I don't particularly want to do either. So get it through your head that I am describing a possible issue which you are misconstruing as whining. In this case I think the solution is obvious, if they intend to bring this in they should have the MW's accept character-made items that were not made by the specific character with the writ.
    Oooh look, lot's of Butterflies! Wait! Butterflies? Get out of here Sheo, stop bugging me!

Having issues with Provisioning Writs? A list of problem Writs and people willing to help in game can be found in this Thread
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the majority here about master writs requiring a legendary item to do as being acceptable, especially blacksmithing requiring 8. So how about having multiple types of master writs, some requiring green quality, a few less requiring blue, even less requiring purple and a rare number requiring gold mats to do, but scaling the reward vouchers accordingly. As it is why should be do a blacksmithing writ requiring 8 Tempers when we can just do a few more consumable master writs over time and not have to spend 90k gold extra for a shiny new bling for our house.
    I think greens and blues do not belong into master writs. They would only spoil drop rates of epics/goldens. I don't mind a completely separate system for them though.

Only thing currently wrong with master writs is that the rewards need some tuning. Golden non-nirnhoned writ rewards should be doubled. Deleting the writ and selling goldens win by wide margin. The choice is a no-brainer now. But if the reward is in range 40..55, I would at least consider doing them.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you please rethink using gold upgrade mats for these? With the way prices and drop rates are on these items a lot of people are not going to be able to do them. The huge gold investment really isn't worth the reward for most. Not even for me, and I'm a max level crafter with 2 million gold in my bank....this was supposed to be fun, not impossible for most to accomplish.
    Edited by jlboozer on January 15, 2017 5:07PM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    If its been mentioned before I will second it here, otherwise....

The requirement of having learned motifs to increase chances of getting a master writ. I don't think this is a good idea for the following 3 reasons-

1 - Motifs are all getting so silly in their design its not really worth it for a lot of us to spend hours and hours grinding or spend thousands of gold for just one page of a motif that is so ugly we will never use it and no one with any sense of style will ever want. I tend to own just the few pages that have an item I like the looks of, and a lot of my friends do the same, not wanting to waste money or time on a motif page for an item we cant stand to look at.

2 - Owning a motif doesn't necessarily mean I am a better blacksmith/clothier/woodworker, anyone with a base low skill in one craft can own a motif. Research is directly influencing our skill as one of the crafter types, but anyone with a few minutes and some luck/gold can get a motif page, no skill or very little skill required.

3 - I own a lot of the motifs on my main crafter but until now have not had any reason to buy/grind for all of them on my other 10 crafters, that would make the insanity tenfold. There are a lot of other people who did this. So doing a writ on these characters will mean I am getting the short end of the stick just because I have one primary crafter with motifs and the other 10 dont even own the blue motifs? Will this mean I need to spend hundreds of thousands of gold (times 10 characters) to get the remaining motifs so I have a decent chance of getting a master writ? Especially when you consider reason 1 and 2 above.

So please at least reduce the effect of motifs on master writ chance or cap it at the basic motifs (Imperial/Barbaric/Daedric/etc)

Well said. I want to add:

Some of these motifs are a real headache to get. Yokudan is pretty awful as shown by the price on them months after release. 50k for a motif you might need to complete a writ bad. Increase the drop rates of all these motifs. There are gougers already causing havoc in the motif market. People are actually selling the hollowjack and skinchanger ones (that are still flooding the market) for 5k. That is just one example of what is happening. Higher drop rates will give people a chance to get them through gaming without having to fork over a limb for them just so they can complete a master writ.

Please try to implement some reasonable balance into the writs. Yes, people should have to work to get their motifs. They should have to either be willing to pay some gold for them or do the dailies and farms to get them for a little while. That is fair. Making it so they have to spend countless weeks and months in search of them across probably multiple toons (that example is just for farming most of the sets) is neither realistic or balanced.

Making motifs account wide would be helpful.
  • Ninane
    Ninane
    I'm not in the same boat as a lot of other people. I have only one main, and she is a Lvl 50 crafter in every discipline. That said, she doesn't have every motif or know every trait yet. Still, for people who have their crafters spread across characters, this is going to be a nightmare.

So, first, I agree that motifs should be account wide. The new furniture crafting system necessitates this. Any house I buy is available account wide. Every item I stick in my bank is available to my alts...and as an ESO+ member, everything in my craft bag is available to all my alts. At this point, a change needs to be made regarding motifs, even though I understand why they initially were character specific. However, the cross-discipline requirements and motif issue introduced with housing requires some change to the current system.

I also agree that the current number of vouchers received, vs. the mats required to complete the Master Writs, is absurd. If they remain the way they are I am not going to do them, despite having most of the skills to do so.

Finally, a question... I've only been here a couple of months, but my understanding is that Housing is being introduced as a way to remove gold from the game in order to reduce inflation...?

If this is correct, why don't they just increase the drop/harvest/temper extraction rates for the necessary items (tempers, wax, Kutas, Nirn etc..)? These are some of the highest priced items in game, and adding more of them into the game environment will drive their prices down, thus reducing the inflation for those items. This seems like an easy way to address the materials issue...?

::ducks quickly in case of stupid question::

Edit: words and stuff.
    Edited by Ninane on January 16, 2017 3:48PM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master Writs have been updated:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3693190/#Comment_3693190

Master Writs

Adjusted Master Writs so that purple items are more likely to be requested than gold items.

Provisioning Master Writs now require either a Food or a Drink, instead of both a Food and a Drink.

Master Writs that are ready for turn in no longer list their requirements in your quest tracker.

Increased the cost of Diminished Aetherial Dust to 50 Writ Vouchers from 25.

Replaced the “Poisonmaker's Satchel” pattern with a much larger and more visually impressive “Poisonmaker's Cabinet” blueprint in Rolis Hlaalu's inventory as the Satchel was already available as an Achievement Furnishing.
  • pragreal
    pragreal
    ✭✭
    Ninane wrote: »
    I'm not in the same boat as a lot of other people. I have only one main, and she is a Lvl 50 crafter in every discipline. That said, she doesn't have every motif or know every trait yet. Still, for people who have their crafters spread across characters, this is going to be a nightmare.

So, first, I agree that motifs should be account wide. The new furniture crafting system necessitates this. Any house I buy is available account wide. Every item I stick in my bank is available to my alts...and as an ESO+ member, everything in my craft bag is available to all my alts. At this point, a change needs to be made regarding motifs, even though I understand why they initially were character specific. However, the cross-discipline requirements and motif issue introduced with housing requires some change to the current system.

I also agree that the current number of vouchers received, vs. the mats required to complete the Master Writs, is absurd. If they remain the way they are I am not going to do them, despite having most of the skills to do so.

Finally, a question... I've only been here a couple of months, but my understanding is that Housing is being introduced as a way to remove gold from the game in order to reduce inflation...?

If this is correct, why don't they just increase the drop/harvest/temper extraction rates for the necessary items (tempers, wax, Kutas, Nirn etc..)? These are some of the highest priced items in game, and adding more of them into the game environment will drive their prices down, thus reducing the inflation for those items. This seems like an easy way to address the materials issue...?

::ducks quickly in case of stupid question::

Edit: words and stuff.

Players selling items to each other does not cause inflation (at least not the inflation ZOS is concerned about). That's just moving money from person A to person B. What causes inflation is when new gold is generated, either from players questing or vendoring items for example. That creates new money in game that didn't exist before. As people accumulate this new money that increases the overall amount of money in the game. That causes inflation as money is less valuable as there is more of it. The gold sinks created by ZOS, buying a house for example, directly removes this money from the game pool helping combat inflation.

Pragreal
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    With most things being account bound this is the perfect time to get crafting research and motifs account bound. I currently have 4 characters with everything max with research divided between them. I have ignored motifs as I do not want to do them x4. Change this and ill be more than happy to purchase every missing motif from the crown store even if it cost me a few hundred. Better yet make the entire crafting account wide even if it does mess up with hirelings. Just make them give more each day.

As to it requiring legendary material I am ok with this but it must be worth it. Currently on PClive a legendary tanin cost over 9k. That is 72k to complete. While it will cost less then 2k for an epic. That is 36 times the cost of legendary. If you insist on keeping legendary I would expect to see a much wider voucher margin to make it worth it. IE: At least 24 times more.
    Edited by madangrypally on January 17, 2017 12:44AM
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Can we NOT have Master Writs that require seasonally limited motifs like Skinchanger? I forsee prices for such motifs becoming absurd in guild stores under such circumstances and it just seems a bit over the top - some people just might give up doing such writs if they can't get the motif either through grind or by paying a REASONABLE amount of gold, as opposed to say 200k or some such nonsense during off season. :P
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    Also I have found I am unable to turn in A Masterful Feast (Provisioning) quest in Elden Root. Get an arrow on compass and map pointing me roughly to location of Rolis Hlaalu but no arrow above him or any NPC in the environment and no dialog option when speaking with him to turn it in.
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I first did master writs on the PTS, all the rewards you could get with your vouchers cost just one. Yesterday, I noticed these have been updated. Considering I can't actually afford to make my own armour gold yet, making gold pieces for the master writs is going to be difficult, and with a reward of 18 vouchers for a legendary item, it is going to take me longer than the rest of my life to actually get anything from this vendor.

I hope there's an easier way to get furniture plans.

And yes, I have had master writs as rewards from crafting.
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree with most of you, almost everything in this game is pushed in favor of ppl that have 12 characters, atleast this one isn't. I'm playing in this game almost 3 years, i have only 2 characters, mDK and sDK because i never have any reason to play other class. Obvously i have all craft stuff maxed on them, one have almost all motifs etc. I'm already punished because i can't do 70 writs per day, why i should be punished even harder because i will be getting 2 master writs per week and some other guy will get 15 because he is althoholic even tho, none of his characters is probably even close in development to my main.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feedback regarding the updated Master Crafter Writs:

Let me keep this short and sweet.

Whomever made this reward system has no idea of how the economy works on the ESO servers. First of all, the voucher rewards themselves are extremely arbitrary. I get 2 vouchers from making a purple glyph that requires 3 trash runes worth less than 500 gold. I get about 4-5 vouchers from making a gold quality glyph worth 4500 gold. IF there was any semblance of balance in this voucher system, the gold quality glyph would reward me 8-10 times as many vouchers as the purple one, reflecting the difference in material costs.

Again, crafting a gold quality nirn weapon gives me about 120 vouchers, for the cost of like 90-100k gold.
    Making a purple non-nirn weapon gives me about 12 vouchers for material costs of like 2000 gold. Meaning the rewards vs material costs of making a purple non-nirn weapon is aproximately 5 times more profitable than making a gold weapon. Or in other words, the rewards for the legendary weapons need to be 5 times larger, to match their costs.

Also let's look at provisioning and alchemy. Besides the few legendary recipes requiring perfect roe, material costs for the purple foods and especially drinks, is laughably small, and making potions and poisons with Lorkhan's tears worth 40 gold a piece, and mushroom and fungi worth 30-40 gold a piece is also in the extreme low of material costs. I made a master writ giving me 2 vouchers, by spending less than 120 gold on alchemy mats.

Again, whomever made this reward system has no idea of material costs of trading economy. Some writs are more than 6-8 times more profitable to do (consumables) than others (legendary and nirn equipment).

Also, you have yet to adress the voucher costs of the stuff sold by the master writ vendor. These are completely nuts. You even raised the price for the aetherial dust this patch.
    300 vouchers for a motif book? Considering that the only writs worth doing are the cheap consumable writs that offer rewards of 2 vouchers, that means I'll have to finish 150(!) of these for the motif book. 100 writs for a crafting table, 100 writs for a recipe that allows me to create a tool box furnishing. Absolutely and utter nuts and bonkers.
    The ebony crafting material is worth 8 vouchers, that's 4 consumable writs - for 1 piece!

This needs to be adressed before going live. I'm all for the master crafter writs and their implementation, but the current reward system and voucher system is a huge failure.

Summing up:
    • There needs to be better consistency of voucher rewards across writs. If a writ requires mats worth 6 times more than another writ, that writ needs to rewards 6 times the number of vouchers as well. You need to look at Master Merchant prices, guild store prices and the average selling/buying costs of the legendary mats to balance this sufficiently.
    • Lowering the droprate of writs requiring gold tempers is no solution, if the rewards are still underwhelming. You need to up the voucher rewards from writs requiring nirncrux and gold tempers (especially the alloys).
    • Make consumable writs require more consumables, and up their rewards. Don't make me craft 4 pieces of purple drinks, or 1 purple glyph for a measly 2 voucher reward. Multiply the required number of consumables by 4 or 5, and up the voucher rewards by 4 or 5 as well.
    • Voucher costs from the vendor need to be lowered significantly. If I have to make 100-150 master writs in order to obtain anything useful from the vendor, your system is a fiasko. You're asking for a huge time and material sink here - and you're offering us pittances and lackluster rewards for a fortune in materials. Not good.
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Did you receive any Master Crafting Writs from the regular Crafting Writs?
    Yes
    Was it easy to understand exactly what you were crafting?
    Yes
    Do you have any other general feedback?
    with the inclusion of Master Crafting writs i would like to see a increased drop chance of Motif pages. The current drop chance is rather horrid. $40 or 5,000 Crowns is beyond excessive IMO for buying them from the crown store.

Also, these are excellent suggestions I hope you consider-

Whomever made this reward system has no idea of how the economy works on the ESO servers. First of all, the voucher rewards themselves are extremely arbitrary. I get 2 vouchers from making a purple glyph that requires 3 trash runes worth less than 500 gold. I get about 4-5 vouchers from making a gold quality glyph worth 4500 gold. IF there was any semblance of balance in this voucher system, the gold quality glyph would reward me 8-10 times as many vouchers as the purple one, reflecting the difference in material costs.

Again, crafting a gold quality nirn weapon gives me about 120 vouchers, for the cost of like 90-100k gold.
    Making a purple non-nirn weapon gives me about 12 vouchers for material costs of like 2000 gold. Meaning the rewards vs material costs of making a purple non-nirn weapon is aproximately 5 times more profitable than making a gold weapon. Or in other words, the rewards for the legendary weapons need to be 5 times larger, to match their costs.

Also let's look at provisioning and alchemy. Besides the few legendary recipes requiring perfect roe, material costs for the purple foods and especially drinks, is laughably small, and making potions and poisons with Lorkhan's tears worth 40 gold a piece, and mushroom and fungi worth 30-40 gold a piece is also in the extreme low of material costs. I made a master writ giving me 2 vouchers, by spending less than 120 gold on alchemy mats.

Again, whomever made this reward system has no idea of material costs of trading economy. Some writs are more than 6-8 times more profitable to do (consumables) than others (legendary and nirn equipment).

Also, you have yet to adress the voucher costs of the stuff sold by the master writ vendor. These are completely nuts. You even raised the price for the aetherial dust this patch.
    300 vouchers for a motif book? Considering that the only writs worth doing are the cheap consumable writs that offer rewards of 2 vouchers, that means I'll have to finish 150(!) of these for the motif book. 100 writs for a crafting table, 100 writs for a recipe that allows me to create a tool box furnishing. Absolutely and utter nuts and bonkers.
    The ebony crafting material is worth 8 vouchers, that's 4 consumable writs - for 1 piece!

This needs to be adressed before going live. I'm all for the master crafter writs and their implementation, but the current reward system and voucher system is a huge failure.

Summing up:
    • There needs to be better consistency of voucher rewards across writs. If a writ requires mats worth 6 times more than another writ, that writ needs to rewards 6 times the number of vouchers as well. You need to look at Master Merchant prices, guild store prices and the average selling/buying costs of the legendary mats to balance this sufficiently.
    • Lowering the droprate of writs requiring gold tempers is no solution, if the rewards are still underwhelming. You need to up the voucher rewards from writs requiring nirncrux and gold tempers (especially the alloys).
    • Make consumable writs require more consumables, and up their rewards. Don't make me craft 4 pieces of purple drinks, or 1 purple glyph for a measly 2 voucher reward. Multiply the required number of consumables by 4 or 5, and up the voucher rewards by 4 or 5 as well.
    • Voucher costs from the vendor need to be lowered significantly. If I have to make 100-150 master writs in order to obtain anything useful from the vendor, your system is a fiasko. You're asking for a huge time and material sink here - and you're offering us pittances and lackluster rewards for a fortune in materials. Not good.

Edited by Lavum on January 17, 2017 1:03PM
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talek wrote: »
    I disagree with most of you, almost everything in this game is pushed in favor of ppl that have 12 characters, atleast this one isn't. I'm playing in this game almost 3 years, i have only 2 characters, mDK and sDK because i never have any reason to play other class. Obvously i have all craft stuff maxed on them, one have almost all motifs etc. I'm already punished because i can't do 70 writs per day, why i should be punished even harder because i will be getting 2 master writs per week and some other guy will get 15 because he is althoholic even tho, none of his characters is probably even close in development to my main.

Which is why I am a fan of making crafting account wide. If they do that they can make it so each profession can only be done once per day per account. This means players wont be able to do them on multiple accounts. I have 4 max characters with all crafting max. I also have the other 8 with clothing, blacksmithing, woodworking and enchanting to level 32 in order to get hireling rank 3.

I am already beginning to level alchemy and enchanting on all 12 in order to do 24 writs per day on all 12. Even with that I am still supporting account wide even though it will mean all those I have leveled up will go to waste. This will likely cause many players to rage though if they did implement it though so doubt it will happen.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand. Looking at what you can buy with vouchers, I think the difficulty should be high as the rewards are fairly robust. Am I missing something?
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No master writs for me... Strage my main is level 50 in all professions with 70% of the avaible motifs and 9 traits in everything expect weaponsmith weapons, i Will try again tomorrow
    Edited by Tonnopesce on January 17, 2017 7:20PM
    Signature

• Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭

Summing up:

Agreed! Also, the change to have more Epic-required writs instead of Legendary, without increasing the drop rate of the writs themselves, has increased the amount of time it will take to accumulate enough vouchers to buy something.

On the template characters before the last update, for Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking I received 34 Legendary writs and 26 Epic writs, for a total of 939 vouchers rewarded. After the update, I received 11 Legendary writs and 49 Epic writs, for a total of 783 vouchers rewarded, a 16.6% reduction in vouchers rewarded from 60 total writs.

To Carbonised's point, if you are going to have a majority of writs that only reward 2 vouchers, the drop rate of these should be increased dramatically. Otherwise especially for the Consumable writs, please have us make more items for more vouchers rewarded to take some of the pain out of this. If I'm only going to get one writ a week, at least let me make 80 potions for 8 vouchers instead of 20 potions for 2. There is currently not a lot of balance in cost vs reward here.
    Edited by Truthsnark on January 18, 2017 12:39AM
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely see a problem with the mutiple crafting skill requirements ON ONE SINGLE crafter to craft many of the rare recipes.

I don't really know many crafters who craft everything on one character: 2 or more crafters is the norm.

This definitely sucks.

Also... my first master writ called for crafting a legendary shield. Legendary tempers are not cheap. Maybe tone that down and make purple level the top end?
    As someone that does all crafting on my main guy that I also play the most I have 35 skill points from PvP and most skill point from PvE on my main 9 trait everything with a respectable number of styles and I find this bad. Note my main has points in all crafting and passives minus keen eye for all but flowers and Snakeblood cause who ever unlocked that?

But ZoS no one is paying for gold styles for all their toons my main can and does craft it all but Im making everyone nine traited with crafting bags they will be able to my and improve their own gear no need to toon jump to do a quick craft.

Please make styles and traits learned account wide I'm not buying celestial for all my guys that's madness just not going to happen.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    C4Bliss wrote: »
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    Doesn't soul shriven drop from what used to be Cadwells silver? The only thing I see as a rip is the legendary upgrade mats. I wasn't forced to spend any money on motifs that are being used in these writs, although I do have both cs exclusive ones. So saying you "have" to buy them is incorrect. You can choose to buy them, purchase with gold or even farm them. I check kiosks all the time and find missing ones pretty cheap, bought 2 different drauher motifs for 5k ea yesterday. So they are available and cheap enough.

But seriously is the soul shrivel not available through Cadwell anymore?

I don't know I completed Cadwell's silver many moons ago...circa end of 2014 early 2015. I certainly never got any motifs for any of the Silver or Gold content. Just some measely gold and an achievement in the list a pat on the back and a buh bye.

On PTS I didn't have it and the guild stores aren't up so I bought it. On live...when I have maybe 150K gold to my name and have to supply legendary mats for a master writ...spend more for an entire set of a motif that makes me want to gag just looking at it? No. :P I'd rather spend gold on getting the rest of all my CP160 characters into gold gear...and that's a lot more gold than I have, doing just one wipes me out and then I"m off farming again for trade items, more mats and quest gold to get another one done. The good gear, dungeon gear, which I have tons of, is no longer tradeable...I've got a few million gold worth of those sets in my inventories but meh...I just conclude that they SAY that you can get all this stuff without crowns, while technically true, the cost to do this in game is so high that spending 400 crowns on an item will be so much EASIER than crafting several master writs. And that's the plan I'm sure! :wink:

Soul shriven motif is indeed avaible via the cadwell silver and if you don't have il you canot buy it from the stores since is a bop item

But apperantly not retroactive. Which kinda sucks because 6 of the 8 toons I have were done before that change.

Yes it is... i finished silver and gold way before the motif and still got it the Day they released it

I don't have it on my main clothier...she is the one that passed silver and gold quest lines. I'll check one other character to see if she's hiding it away somewhere. I only completed gold / silver on 2 characters so I guess I can make a run through again on a 3rd to make sure I get it. Anyway now I've been leveling up all her other craftlines since she was the only one that had 2 crafts at 50 I figured she'd be the main, got woodworking leveled to 50 in a day. Blacksmitthing is going to take longer...plus all the danged traits again on weapons and armor slots...ugh. Anyway if I find that motif lurking about in one of the characters or my bank or ...whatever if I don't I'll get another pass through with gold /silver on an alt.
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭

I think you miss the point, you get what you put in. If i spent the resources to do writs on 8 toons shouldn't I be rewarded for the extra work and material to do them? I am doing Writs on 6 more characters then you. It is your choice to how many you do, and I believe the only thing ppl are asking is to get a fair shake. To penalize people for getting the most out of it I believe is short-sighted.
    Which is why I am a fan of making crafting account wide. If they do that they can make it so each profession can only be done once per day per account. This means players wont be able to do them on multiple accounts. I have 4 max characters with all crafting max. I also have the other 8 with clothing, blacksmithing, woodworking and enchanting to level 32 in order to get hireling rank 3.

I am already beginning to level alchemy and enchanting on all 12 in order to do 24 writs per day on all 12. Even with that I am still supporting account wide even though it will mean all those I have leveled up will go to waste. This will likely cause many players to rage though if they did implement it though so doubt it will happen.

I would only agree if the Motif's are account wide. Even then I am not a fan. I would like to see the availability/ drop chance of Motifs increased before a account wide system. I believe you also miss the perk of people doing them on multiple characters. More resources are expended, which leads to more time farming (time in-game) and there being a market for raw/ refined materials. If the once per account option was used then it would cut a portion of the market out.
    Edited by Lavum on January 18, 2017 2:04AM
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand. Looking at what you can buy with vouchers, I think the difficulty should be high as the rewards are fairly robust. Am I missing something?

Most of the rewards are essential things that you need in a house, like crafting tables and DPS test dummy. These should not be insanely difficult to acquire as they devalue the housing patch.

They're also largely inaccessible to non-crafters (such as myself). I don't mind paying gold (or even crowns) for these features, but we don't if it will even be profitable to trade these rewards. Hopefully it will be as non-crafters will have no way of getting any functionality from their homes otherwise.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 18, 2017 5:43AM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to mention here that the price of motifs has doubled and even tripled in many cases. This weekend I went out to get some of the ones I still didn't have and what I witnessed was typical gouging that comes with these kind of updates. motifs that were 7k were now 14 and 21k. I watched them on TTC and could see the clear pattern of people buying of ones and then listing them for double and triple what they paid. I'm glad I have most of my motifs done barring a few lines and some random ones. I am glad I have all my crafts on my main toon. I did it for simplicity and now, I see it was a godsend or just good luck. Really something needs to be done about the motifs. Account wide is the best solution. But even then the market right now is ruined for those who might have decided not to spend time or gold getting them. Perhaps a boost in the drop rates would help to offset the prices and give people a fair chance to obtain them either by farming or putting out the money. Especially if they have to get them on multiple toons. That's really problematic when the costs of most motifs right now are showing up at 5-10k per chapter for the cheapest most common that used to be like 2k and up to 50k or more for the ones that were harder to get (some hitting 100-150k dependent upon greed of course). That is an awful lot for players to have to put out. This whole update has really done some damage to prices of some things.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 18, 2017 5:44AM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭

In all fairness that is just basic math. Odds are in your favor if you have more. It's your choice and your right to have only two characters. There is nothing wrong or right in that. But if people wanted to make 12 and do 12 writs a day then I do think that level of grinding should come with rewards for it.

I just don't see how people are seeing themselves as punished. That's like saying you are being punished because you didn't buy ten lottery tickets instead of two. It was your choice. Are you actually trying to say that people should not have a fair chance on every toon they spent time grinding skills out on to do writs long before this was ever even announced? Seriously, you are not being punished. The other person is being rewarded exactly as they should be if they put that level of effort in. You know how much time it takes to level some crafts on toons and it has been very common for people to want to do writs on ALL their toons for many years (like for years now). And there are people who have more than a few toons. That is their choice. Their right. If they wanted to grind all the crafts out for writs on them, then they should be rewarded. I do not see how them being rewarded is you being punished. The logic there is a little off. It's not like they are taking writs out of your pockets. It's just that because now that you did not put the extra time into making other alts who could do writs this troubles you. But again, anyone getting more writs on their alts that they put effort into making for whatever reason they chose to do that, is still not you being punished. It is them being rewarded for their effort. Nobody is taking your personal pie. They are simply getting more out of their own.
    Edited by CombatPrayer on January 18, 2017 5:58AM
  • JRCandeias
    JRCandeias
    ✭✭✭
    When it comes to Research and/or Motif account bound, am I the only one that likes things the way they are?
    PC EU
    Hellooo!
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main Crafter has a total of 345 skill points. She is proficient in all the Crafting skills. She is a 9 trait crafter in Blacksmith, Clothing and Woodworking. Appart from Hireling and Research Time (which she no longer needs) she has all passive skills in all the Crafting disciplines. Up until update 13, she had unlocked every achievement possible in crafting, apart from a few style chapters.

For the last 3 days I have been testing on this character.
    • She has been questing, in delves and dungeons and has harvested every container therein.
    • She has harvested every node, flower, tree-trunk, butterfly and Torch bug she has come accross and the critters guarding them.
    • She has opened about 20 treasure chests, 2 were master and 4 were advanced.
    • She has bought every crafting pattern that she could find at merchants and has crafted some of them. The only patterns she could find to buy were white ones.

Results
    With all the above, I have found that the drop-rate for the new materials has been very low - even with Keen Eye. She has not even collected enough of them to craft all the white patterns unlocked.

She has not found any Epic or Legendary Crafting Patterns or Recipes - only green and blue recipes that she (and all my alts) already knows.

Daily Crafting Writs.
    She has completed all 6 writs on each of 3 days - so 18 writs in all. The pertinent results are as follows:-
    • Day 1: Enchanting, 1 epic writ, gaining 2 tokens
    • Day 2: Alchemy, 1 x gold writ, gaining 5 tokens
    • Day 3: No writs whatsoever

I have not done any testing on any of my alts yet but shall do to see whether the results are any better.

My understanding from the patch notes was that the higher the skill of the character, the higher chance of picking up Mater Writs. That does not seem to be working out in my case - although I realise it is only 3 days . For me, these results are rather disappointing because at this rate I cannot, in reality, advance my Main Crafter much further if the resources she needs are way out of her reach.

Has anyone else found the same, or similar, problems? :'(
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tai-Chi wrote: »
    Has anyone else found the same, or similar, problems? :'(

Mats for housing items are poor at best. They were, during my testing, one or two of those crafting mats in random nodes. The drop rate is very poor. Given that is the ONLY way we will be able to acquired them beyond using traders and we can already see what is happening in the motif market (double, triple of prices) and that they will be in very high demand it seems they should be a bit more common. Farming over 20 nodes to get 2 bast was a bit high. Maybe a 1 in 5 or 8 chance to get one. It seemed like furnishing items had the worst drop rate. Alchemy was a bit slow too. But the others were more reasonable.

I found no other plans but I didn't go crazy looking based on what I had seen. I suspected they would be more rare and best places to find them would be at the traders. Those probably will be filtered into the market by farmers and thieves. They will likely be priced fairly high given what I have been seeing happen with motifs. I can see them being bank breaking given on chapter of any motif that is not from an event or trial seems to now be over 10k (more like 12-15k bare minimum) due to gougers.

Suggestion: Could we get furnishing blueprint rewards for doing writs I think. Maybe not a high drop for them but chance to get them. Something like how we get recipes for provisional writs but less often than those. This way if you cannot get master writs done you might still be able to do some furnishings. And for all the writs people are doing, it would be something nice they could get if they don't get master writs.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • HegemonIQ
    HegemonIQ
    ✭✭✭
    As you evaluate the new master writ system, please consider:

PC, Xbox and PS4, have different economies...on Xbox we don't have ad-ons that help us search across all guild stores or give us global price/sales estimates. Cost and return may vary.

On Xbox, many of us appear to only have one main crafter...perhaps it's the nature of the player base...console players may be more casual. But for those of us that can only play a couple hours a day/week, spreading crafting out among multiple toons just doesn't make sense. A writ system, which requires multiple skills/knowledge sets on one toon, does work for us.

Always interesting that PC gets to test and review new content, but they're only 1/3 of the player base. What's good for the goose is not always good for the gander.
    Edited by HegemonIQ on January 18, 2017 4:39PM
  • Edenprime
    Edenprime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing writs on pts with 8 characters which all have different amount of traits/motifs/recipes learned. Here's my data so far (I will update this daily):

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AspADFxKNL2Wipov4IHrKyECaXuGvw (note 3 tabs)

My biggest concern is the new materials drop rates from Survey maps. It seems nothing else is dropping the new materials other than the alchemy surveys (a friend also tested 10x of each map and only got alchemical resin).

Did you guys forget to add them to other maps? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Edenprime on January 18, 2017 4:33PM
    Guildmaster of the largest Finnish community for ESO (dragonborninc.fi), ESO-Hub contributor, co-leader of PC/EU's largest trading network, Occasional coordinator of Bethesda Nordic community events and a raider. Twitter Twitch | Youtube