Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Annoying Lag Bug - VIDEO LINK PROVIDED

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
LAG BUG VIDEO

I've provided proof for this bug which shows the game lagging each time an enemy is killed. A split second of lag after every death makes for an awful experience. Not sure what causes it but it happens every so often and I have to restart the game for it to go away.

There doesn't seem to be a response to the annoying lock-up bug that Xbox users have been experiencing since One Tamriel, BUT I'm posting this with hopes that ZoS actually will take a look.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No response at all? Acknowledgment?
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    This thread has been moved to Bug Reports.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens on PC EU as well, not always but from time to time.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't need to see the video... but I know WITHOUT looking that you'll be using a Destruction Staff... Correct?

Its a bug they are denying even exists. Good luck with getting a fix for it. Until then... better drop the Destruction staff for something else.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    I don't need to see the video... but I know WITHOUT looking that you'll be using a Destruction Staff... Correct?

Its a bug they are denying even exists. Good luck with getting a fix for it. Until then... better drop the Destruction staff for something else.

Yes using lightning staff. I only play magicka characters so that may be a problem lol.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes using lightning staff. I only play magicka characters so that may be a problem lol.

Definitely is the problem. I'm also betting you experience blue screens sometimes when you use your wall of elements, correct? The destruction staff is broken. It's been broken for sometime now - despite their denials. I really hope a fix is forthcoming, but it appears ESO is a cash cow now and is terribly damaged goods. I love this game, its why i'm so frustrated and passionate about it on the forums - but its getting too buggy to defend to future customers.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Definitely is the problem. I'm also betting you experience blue screens sometimes when you use your wall of elements, correct? The destruction staff is broken. It's been broken for sometime now - despite their denials. I really hope a fix is forthcoming, but it appears ESO is a cash cow now and is terribly damaged goods. I love this game, its why i'm so frustrated and passionate about it on the forums - but its getting too buggy to defend to future customers.

No blue screens of death lol (haven't seen one of those in many years). I'm on Xbox One.
  • Jemcrystal
    Jemcrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirming lag spikes PC North America exact same problem. D/C'ing also.

Edited by Jemcrystal on January 16, 2017 5:59AM
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    super weird spikelag and then boom kicked out
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    These are not lagspikes (related to your internet connection) but framestutters related to the xbox hardware / ESO program code.

When you play ESO (also happens sometimes in Battlefield, or other large games) the game often fails to unload unneeded code/textures/temp data from its memory, so the memory fills itself without clearing unneeded data. When the memory is totally full, you see the xbox os trying it's best to clear data it normally does, while loading new data, but then in a tiny room of space that is left in the usable space in it's memory that is not filled up with junk data/textures/etc.

The best way to fix this on xbox one is the following:
    - Settings -> Network -> Alternate MAC adress -> [CLEAR]
    ---> This clears the temp cache from the xbox, but also clears it's total buffers from junk from anywhere, not only the network MAC

Your xbox will reboot (which will take longer then usual) but fixes these things... annoying but yeah...

Hope it works for you! :)
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't XBox/PC-specific either. My PS4 sorc experiences the same issue.
    PS4NA
  • LordSock
    LordSock
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having exact same issue on PS4 NA. Also wielding a inferno destro staff as primary. It happens after a while, not right off the bat. Every time on a mob death. Not sure if its the death animation that triggers it or what, but its definitely every mob kill. Restarting the application helps. It works for about 30 mins or so then back to the stutter/frame rate freeze lag.

• BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Contributing to this thread since there are two going. Hopefully some more attention from ZoS. I see here this is cross platforms.

Experience this bug 30+ times in PvP a day on Xbox. Its is definitely the destruction staff causing the hang up. Can someone confirm its the inferno staff only? The two character I have that experience this on both run the flame staff.

Solution is to /reloadui. Frame rate lag from enemy deaths will go away temporarily. Until then game is unplayable.

Problem exists on multiple classes. My magicka sorcerer and magicka templar who both wield inferno destro staffs experience this horrible bug.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @BigES

In my video it is lightning staff, not inferno.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes happens to me also...XBNA... only with a destroyer staff...

Only way to fix it is to reload the game...
  • teslina
    teslina
    Soul Shriven
    Hello, i just came here because eso support asked me to write about my problem on this forum.
    I play on ps4, templar healer using destro/resto. I havev the same problem as the other players said before me.
    Every time a mob dies, while i use any type of destro staff, i have huge lag or whatever is called.
    You can immagine when 5-10 mobs die in a dungeon... it only happens with destro staff, if a switch there's no problem.
    I hope you will fix this.

P.s. sorry for my bad english.