Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear ESO XOne players - how do you swap weapons?

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bartdude wrote: »
    You could just hope this comes soon....arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2016/06/xbox-one-mouse-keyboard-support-coming/

then your worries will be gone, unless you actually like using a controller?

I couldn't mouse and keyboard this game at gunpoint and I say that as someone who can type like 80 words a minute. Controller for me!
  • unrelentingfear
    You can remap buttons on any controller with xbox accessory app so for instance you swap sneak and weapon swap out and problem solved.
    Edited by unrelentingfear on January 13, 2017 1:00PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox elite controller- bottom left paddle

Or

It's the 'shift' key on my keyboard

Sorry that doesn't help much unless you have a troller or xim4, but that is my point.

I'm a bit older than the gamer crowd. My hands cramp, get locked up or are not flexible enough for the troller, especially with a claw grip.

Sometimes spending some extra money to make my gaming session more comfortable is well worth it in my eyes. After all, how many hours do you spend gaming?

this is the very reason i needed toggles, tiny little hands & arthritis; make for an uncomfortable gaming session - which makes me one angry lady! LOL
    Edited by bebynnag on January 13, 2017 1:17PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Mhm you're really starting to convince me to buy a $120 controller... damn.

The Elite controller hasn't got a headset port, does it? On screens it doesn't look so but I bought the XOne headset yesterday and not being able to use it with the adapter on the Elite would be a huge let down.

And the people stating they're using their thumb: can you try to explain "how"? What do you do with your hand / finger?

i think all elite controllers have a 3.5mm connection & an xbox adapter connection
    although that info should be clearly stated in description/on box.
  • Soafee
    Soafee
    ✭✭✭
    There is a wireless keyboard/mouse for the xbox one. Why don't more people use that?
    Today is a blessing. Yesterday is in the past and tomorrow is a mystery.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soafee wrote: »
    There is a wireless keyboard/mouse for the xbox one. Why don't more people use that?

because i like the majority of console players play from a sofa/armchair
    and using a mouse keyboard set up from an sofa (or in my case an arm chair is awkward
    i use my TV as a PC monitor and have created a customised mouse pad to make things easier, but much prefer to just connect my controller to my PC for any type of PC gaming (not a gaming PC but perfectly adequate for some good old retro gaming I when im in the mood)
    Edited by bebynnag on January 13, 2017 2:17PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not read all the comments, but I'm sure someone else will have said it. I switched the buttons on the standard controller in the settings, so clicking right thumb is my weopon swap, and D pad is crouch.

It drove me mad trying to wep swap in vMSA, since changing this I haven't looked back
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    DUDE I WAS IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU. WEAPON SWAPPING WITH THE DEFAULT. CONTROLS MADE IT SO MUCH HARDER. I switched the weapon swap to the right stick ( crouch on default) and it's so much better. If you would like to know how to do so, reply and I'll tell you.
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    No need to buy an expensive scuff or elite controller.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xbox elite controller. Remap the swap to the paddle just under your middle finger behind the controller
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha it's so funny that so many people seem to have problems with the default weapon swap on consoles. I had the same issues on my PS4 before I switched to the One.

And this thread turns out to be a Microsoft marketing event for the Elite controller. :D
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can remap buttons on any controller with xbox accessory app so for instance you swap sneak and weapon swap out and problem solved.

What sorcery is this? Where is this on XB? I can't find it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hugocbp wrote: »
    I bought an Elite Controller and put weapon swap in a pad on the right hand.

Let me tell you: it improved my gameplay by a lot. It is really much better.

Same here, made me a much better player
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, all of you convinced me to buy the Elite controller. There go 129€... I will see if it's better (it will be for sure) but I think I need weeks to program it like I want it to work lol. Nevermind if I don't get used to it I can send it back and stick to the default controller. :)
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked into Scuf controllers? They have extra buttons on the back so you don't have to move your fingers off thumb sticks...I don't use mine on ESO, but it was a game changer when I used to play Destiny...especially in Trials of Osiris, mid air titan skating shotguns to the face for everyone!!
  • Cheerrymate
    This was something that, at times annoyed me. I mean in some situations it can slow us down. I managed to solve the problem by accident. My left dpad suddenly stopped working unless I spammed it for like ever. This made playing eso hard. Do you know that there are 3 controller layouts. I use the one where holding Y Changes weapons. So much more responsive. No need to spend money on an elite controller. The only bad thing is holding B to crouch. Makes t-bragging incredibly slow
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow the button mapping on standard works.... right click to change.

Now try changing prices in a guild listing....you have to use stick and not d pad. ...and it goes from there. Not really a qol improvement.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, all of you convinced me to buy the Elite controller. There go 129€... I will see if it's better (it will be for sure) but I think I need weeks to program it like I want it to work lol. Nevermind if I don't get used to it I can send it back and stick to the default controller. :)

@Seraphyel
    Make sure you fully research what this controller does and what it doesn't do

-It doesn't offer programmable button assignments and the 4 paddles can only mimic an existing button assignment. (You can just save two button profile assignment on the controller vs globally on the console, it's not game specific and only two profiles can be accessible via the switch on the controller)

-there are much cheaper alternatives for a weapon swap issue such as going into the Xbox one settings and doing a global change. (That does require you to change it back outside of this game but it's free)
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 13, 2017 4:15PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Seraphyel
    Make sure you fully research what this controller does and what it doesn't do

-It doesn't offer programmable button assignments and the 4 paddles can only mimic an existing button assignment.
    -there are much cheaper alternatives for a weapon swap issue such as going into the Xbox one settings and doing a global change. (That does require you to change it back outside of this game but it's free)

I do recommend looking at some YouTube reviews before splashing out, but it really was a good buy, not just the paddles on the back but he quality of the controller is so much better than the originals

There are other versions that do the same thing, I can't remember what they're called but someone had already mentioned them in this thread
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've moved this thread to the Xbox One support forum where it should be more helpful. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    As a Healer, it's not difficult for me, and I'm only on my second bar for Repentance and Shards. Seeing as how I use it 90% of the time (AFTER trash it killed), with the other 10% being used on dead adds during boss fights, I hardly need to spam my weapon swaps.

When I am tanking, all my defensive skills are on bar one with my offensive skills on bar two. My preferred tank style is strictly being a meatshield, so the occasional taunt and block with no dps in between.
    Edited by Jim_Berry on January 13, 2017 4:21PM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    We've moved this thread to the Xbox One support forum where it should be more helpful. :)

Wasn't sure about that because it says "Xbox One Technical Support" so I created it in the General Discussions, if it's better here thanks!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf

Thank you! I already thought about buying the Elite Controller back when I bought my One S in December. It's not only because of weapon swap but it's another reason for me to make the investment.

I really prefer heavy controllers and controllers that are somehow "massive". I think it will be worth it and if not I can sent it back and get a full refund. So nothing to lose right now.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    its not that strange question to be honest

I got xbox elite controller and i mapped it to be the second pedal so i use the ring finger to click it to change on the right hand and on my left hand i use the ring finger to use pots

so the pedals that shows where is says shift down

66db6326-27fb-4888-bce6-36e910e3c1a0.jpg?n=Elite_Screen_Forza6_Final-1920x1080.jpg

its quick and easy hope it helps buddy
    Huh, and here I was thinking that the Xbone controller was just the 360 controller with a new coat of paint. That's pretty nifty.

(I don't have an Xbone yet. Maybe soonTM)
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @captainwolfos

The controller on the picture is the Elite controller, not the standard XOne controller.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use controller scheme C on the Xbox controller. This changes the weapon swap from the D pad to holding the Y button. I feel that the button is more responsive than the D pad and I also map my gap closer to the Y button so I can gap close and swap by double tapping and holding the Y button
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • unrelentingfear

What sorcery is this? Where is this on XB? I can't find it.

You have have to download the app from the app store its free
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    You can reconfig your buttons...
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    i use a standard controller with the default button layout and I can swap weapons without taking my thumb off the stick. i just straighten my thumb out (left thumb) and use the middle of my thumb to hit the d pad, i will do a tiny step to the right in the process but im still moving forward and in pvp thats the difference between dying to the whole zerg or just dying to the thirsty sorcs that streak after you then hit you with a 25k destro ultimate
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy cow, making the right back paddle your weapon swap is working so smooth and improves the gameplay a lot. And the overall quality of the Elite controller is awesome.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 15, 2017 12:09PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -