Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

New (to PC) player looking for crafting help-

Poet99
Poet99
Soul Shriven
Greetings, master race! As I hinted at in the title, I'm new to the pc version of the game, but not the game itself. I don't normally do this, but if there is anyone on PC that could assist my Sorcerer in the Clothing research line so I can get a head start on being able to craft my own Seducer sets, I would very much appreciate any and all assistance anyone's willing to lend.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since a new crafter can only research one at a time until they put points into the research trait, my recommendation would be to farm a few dungeons - they should provide you plenty of items to research various traits in both cloth and leather. Over time, you can sell the junk loot, which in turn would generate the gold required to purchase the unknown traits from guild merchants.

Another option would be to join a guild -- most guilds have 9/9 crafters who can make you everything you could possibly want.
  • Poet99
    Poet99
    Soul Shriven
    I could probably inquire about that, but chances are that if I do, the thread will end up moved by a moderator. I just feel bad joining a guild and then right off the bat be like "yeah, can you guys send me some whites with divines traits" and so on and so on. Not a first impression I'd like to leave. Thing is, I'm thinking long-term. If I can self sustain playability on my sorc, already knowing what build I wanna run from the start, this will , in the long run, make things much easier when I make any melee alts (for medium armor traits; the 2 trait sets for example) , even though it will be a time consuming process. But then again, I gotta be doing something while that timer is ticking away.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'm not on steam, but my ID is Poet1999 in-game; and I'm always willing to learn.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You said you were thinking long term... join a guild... farm a dungeon, get some items to research... you can't boil the ocean and there is a cool down between research item which is on a sliding scale... the more traits you've learned for a particular slot piece, the longer each additional research time takes...

...so this would get some credibility in the guild and perhaps you won't be too uncomfortable asking for research items. Honestly, I think most guilds wouldn't give a crap if you asked on day 1 for research items...everything except Nirnhorned...at least I know my main guild wouldn't care...
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would recommend to get addon ResearchAssistant. It will automatically mark for you items you can research, so you don't accidentally decon/sell them.
  • Poet99
    Poet99
    Soul Shriven
    Hey Soella; where would you recommend me to go for that (possibly other) addons? Curse? Or a different site?
  • Sprotch_16_ESO
    Sprotch_16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I use esoui (www.esoui.com) for the addons. Download their tool ; Minion.
    It tracks your addons and provides an easy way to have them always updated.