Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO is constantly crashing on new PS4 PRO

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change in graphics after Tuesday's HDR patch is annoying me more now than the occasional PS4 Pro crashes. It's a noticeable downgrade in the graphics with these crushed blacks and scenery so dark you have to strain to see in some areas.

Yea I turned brightness to max and at night it's still too dark. :/
    Pc na
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    xugeu88jwnfq.jpg

Edited by SuperLarrio on December 3, 2016 1:21PM
    "Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I starting to get more crashes in PvE now whereas before I mostly only crashed in PvP. They've got to get a fix out for this on the Pro.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm definitely getting more crashes on my pro than on my orignal ps4. I don't use 4k either, only 1080p.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • DponyG
    DponyG
    Eso is working on a fix be patient please. Eso has contacted me to let me know to tell you guys that they should have a performance increase by February.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DponyG wrote: »
    Eso is working on a fix be patient please. Eso has contacted me to let me know to tell you guys that they should have a performance increase by February.

2 months is a long time to put up with the current crashing on the Pro.
  • DponyG
    DponyG
    DponyG wrote: »

2 months is a long time to put up with the current crashing on the Pro.

I agree. I am just the messenger tho.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point i wouldnt even be surprised if they'd actually post something like "while we work on a fix please use your Old PS4 -__-
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm annoyed.

I bought a PS4 Pro just for ESO, that it's going to be supported as one of the FIRST how exciting.

Nothing so far I've experienced as exciting...

Crash after crash after crash.

Middle of VMA rounds, LAST Boss on Vet Trials, randomly equipping new gear, dying my gear a different colour, opening a bank. ETC ETC.

Come on...

It's just ESO... and we need a fix BADLY.

I've put the settings on 1080p... which has fixed 90% of the issues but bye bye 4k?...
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting kicked back to login "unable to connect to game server" screen. Its driving me mad
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting kicked back to login "unable to connect to game server" screen. Its driving me mad
    Didn't seen it even once no matter PS4 or Pro
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When are you going to answer us with an update on a fix ZOS??? I've crashed at least 10 times tonight in Cyrodiil and what makes it worse is that I have to log onto a different character each time before I can log back onto the one I was on otherwise I get an endless loading screen.
    Edited by Twohothardware on December 21, 2016 8:21PM
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have these issues too especially in cyrodiil and last night i had to hard force shutdown the game like 3 times in a row after a crash because of neverending loading screens.

I went to help some friends with the pledges after that and experienced horrible lag for the first time on my new ps4 pro which has ONLY ESO installed. I hope the crashes didnt destroy my harddisk in record time.

This is truelly unacceptable and requires an emergency fix imo yet we are waiting for 2 months already.
    Do you even know how you're own *** game works!!!
    Edited by pattyLtd on December 24, 2016 9:48AM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you meet freezes use "/reloadui" command, helps for me.
  • Yeatmc
    Yeatmc
    Soul Shriven
    I am getting this error/disconnection on any character/zone. Happens most at loading screens but can happen with absolutely nothing going on or in mid conversation with quest npc. Logged the issue and ZOS seem to be concentrating on getting me to set up port forwarding on my router. One port range they say to "forward" overlapped one of the other settings so that is the only bit I have not done. So far it has made no difference :-(

On PS4 btw.
    Edited by Yeatmc on December 29, 2016 1:09PM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully there is a major fix in Update 13 for performance and crashes on the PS4 Pro.
  • Lyeloren
    Lyeloren
    ✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, has there been any kind of response from ZOS at all about PsPro issues? I bought the Pro on launch day and ESO is the only game that blue screens. Just counted 74 blue screens logged in the error history from 11-22 up until today, 1-7.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just counted 73 error logs since 12/4 on my PS4 Pro.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to identify the issues.

I've blue screened like a MOFO with ps4.

What I've found to be true is the following:

If I had ALL INTERFACE options off mainly the numbers I ended up blue screening probably 5 times total last week.

The week before I had numbers on and I crashed 39 times.
    - Changing gear colour
    - Changing gear
    - Changing CP
    - Zoning in and out of maelstrom rounds
    - Zoning in different areas
    - Changing Stat points
    - Randomly... "walking"

The week before with 4k options ON and Numbers on I crashed 41 times

- The main crashes with 4k enabled was Vet Hel Ra when he raised his arms with the huge white lighting effect BOOM crash without fail every single run, so this is a thing.
    - PLUS all the above issues.

The conculsion I found... and I'm so so angry with this...

Turned off 4k options...
    Turned off HDR
    Turned off Numbers

No more crashes... but this is an absolute JOKE.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed 5 times in trial today, then I left the group, can't even do trials now. :(
    Pc na
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akl77 wrote: »
    Crashed 5 times in trial today, then I left the group, can't even do trials now. :(

Support just tells me to watch the patch notes. Any attempt to get any feedback on the progress for the patch that is supposed to fix this is met with silence. It sucks that they aren't keeping us informed on the progress to improve performance on PS4 Pro because we have no idea when we will see any changes.

I can't even do PVP. Entire areas of the game are not possible to play. This is kinda unacceptable to have the game in this state and not release any information about what they are doing about it and when we could see a fix. @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we please get an update on the progress of PS4 Pro performance improvements?
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »

Support just tells me to watch the patch notes. Any attempt to get any feedback on the progress for the patch that is supposed to fix this is met with silence. It sucks that they aren't keeping us informed on the progress to improve performance on PS4 Pro because we have no idea when we will see any changes.

I can't even do PVP. Entire areas of the game are not possible to play. This is kinda unacceptable to have the game in this state and not release any information about what they are doing about it and when we could see a fix. @ZOS_GinaBruno Can we please get an update on the progress of PS4 Pro performance improvements?

Exactly, I enjoyed Cyrodiil, but since the non stop crashes in Cyrodiil, I gave that up long ago.
    Pc na
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pattyLtd wrote: »
    At this point i wouldnt even be surprised if they'd actually post something like "while we work on a fix please use your Old PS4 -__-

LOL I'm actually doing this! My PS4 is stacked on top of my PS4Pro, with an HDCP 2.2/HDMI switch box so I can at least enjoy ESO in HDR on the PS4. When I want to play ESO, I power down my PS4Pro, fire up the PS4 and play. Not ideal, but better than Cyrodiil crashes every 15 mins.
    PS4NA
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got my new 4K TV and a pro to go with it today. And yes, constantly crashing in cyrodil. Even switched the graphics to 1080 on ESO options and still crashes.
    What a waste of time.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hows this one for interesting.

I've experienced MASSIVE BLUE SCREENS while I've had my ps4 pro (since day 1)

Recently I decided to become some what of a teacher of vMA on twitch.

I boutght a capture card (more specifically the Elgato card)

I now run PS4 > Elgato > Desktop > to TV.

I have NO blue screens, NONE.

Which means either 1, it was a *** HDMI cable or 2... the more scary option...

4K wasn't getting handled by PS4 > 4k TV every time something dramatic happend (bright lights) huge explosions BOOM Blue screen..

I now get none... OBVIOUSLY this is not a fix... by any means but I thought it may spark some interest.
    Edited by Lukums1 on January 17, 2017 3:42AM
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• USarmydrew09
    USarmydrew09
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who is having this problem to me this problem has been happening since day one it has only gotten worse on the PlayStation Pro. I have been in contact with ESO tech member support via email they don't know what the problem is and suggested that I come on here you would think that because the game is crashing so much they would offer some sort of compensation. I am in ESO plus member and I don't know how much AP that I've lost or time that I have lost waiting to get back into PVP the only answered and I get, Is please be patient if this is been going on since day one and they're still asking people to be patient then the only conclusion comes to they don't know what the problem is and they are unwilling to fix this problem the only thing they're going to do is distract you with new mounts and new DLC. Although we should not expect much from this company look at their past games they've had so many glitches to them, and the only way they fixed it was to bring out a new game to distract you from the old.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

4K wasn't getting handled by PS4 > 4k TV every time something dramatic happend (bright lights) huge explosions BOOM Blue screen..

I now get none... OBVIOUSLY this is not a fix... by any means but I thought it may spark some interest.

Were you using the same HDMI cable that came with the PS4 Pro to connect to the Elgato?
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in the game for 5 min, ported to Craglorn to submit crafting writs, then crashed at Craglorn.
    I'm not even logged in at peak time, and NOT running in 4K graphics on my PS4 pro.
    ZOS when are you going to fix your never ending crashes, how am I going to enjoy the game if it crashes after 5min logged in? Or crash immediately at crowded area.
    Pc na
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »

Were you using the same HDMI cable that came with the PS4 Pro to connect to the Elgato?

You know what, I was.

Nice catch.. Now the display is getting filtered to elegato - pc - tv (note - do not use the hdmi the ps4 came with)

In any case I know this isn't a fix but it is interesting.

HOWEVER obviously by doing my "fix" you can't take advantage of 4K LOL due to the display getting filtered through external sources
    Edited by Lukums1 on January 28, 2017 8:05AM
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion

• kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ....so, I just got a 4K TV and was thinking about upgrading my console. Is this game still having issues with the PS4 Pro?