Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Feedback Thread for Master Crafting Writs

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Master Crafting Writs. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Did you receive any Master Crafting Writs from the regular Crafting Writs?
  • Was it easy to understand exactly what you were crafting?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already posted this in another thread I made, but it fits here better now that the feedback thread is up:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311930/master-crafting-writs-some-questions#latest
    Faulgor wrote: »
    The frequency of Master Writ invites from standard Writ boxes is based on the overall associated tradeskill mastery possessed by the character.

This includes research, Motif knowledge, and achievement completion.

I'm not entirely sure how this works, especially in respect to motif knowledge.

If I open a clothing writ box for example, will only my motif knowledge of armor pieces be considered, or also weapons and shields? If it's the latter, this is a real punch to players who have spread their professions over multiple characters.

Will all motifs be considered? If so, the drop chance will decrease with every update until you learned all new styles, which I'm not really looking forward to.

What about the consumable tradeskills that don't have motifs? What level of mastery do they require for a comparable drop chance? It would seem that for instance alchemy would be much easier to master than smithing in this system.

Will this work retroactively? Meaning, can I keep my writ boxes until Homestead hits the live servers and get master writs from them?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you all need to think about offering a crafting transfer

This change is huge so as the post comment above reads. There are many players who for whatever reason, split crafting between characters.

I didn't but overall it seems the bigger issue are the need to transfer research.
    I think we can manage the rest

The other idea if not a transfer is to just make craft account wide in terms of motif and research.

The housing criteria is account wide so it doesn't make sense that crafting that benefits housing has requirements which aren't account wide

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 4, 2017 8:49PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I saw some writs ask for Nirnhoned trait, or very rare styles or 8/9 traits sets... but they only reward 1 voucher and all items cost 1 voucher at the vendor (maybe it's on purpose on the PTS server)

I don't know if the provided writs are very HARD on purpose and if there will be more "common" ones in live but so far it's hard to know how rare it is because everthing rewards 1 and everything costs 1...

On a side note : Motif 36 : Ebony style has the same number as Motif 36 Dark Brotherhood... that could be a problem in Eidetic Memory and for classifications of styles...
    I think there is a hole in the motif classification for number 38 maybe you should replace it...

• Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like one more thing. Help us get the motifs we miss by completing these master writs. A chance to get unknown motif book. Drop the lame RNG farming already.
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    picked up an enchanting master writ on a template character... made the glyph 3 times, it didn't register, quest didn't progress
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm asked to make a Ruby Ash Frost Staff with the "Bandit" style.

afaik there's no Bandit style in the game.

What do.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did a few normal writs today and was able to get one master writ. I found I had everything but Draugr Motif for Girdle. The concept of the master writs seems really cool to me, but the RNGness seems really lame. I have done around 150 daily quests and have received only two Draugr motifs, and neither were for this writ.

I foresee these filling up the the quest journal log or inventory or while waiting for a motif purchase, or trading.

What occurs when the required motif is no longer available?

How does one get required motifs on PTS, the guild traders are empty?

Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Llogwey wrote: »
    Well I saw some writs ask for Nirnhoned trait, or very rare styles or 8/9 traits sets... but they only reward 1 voucher and all items cost 1 voucher at the vendor (maybe it's on purpose on the PTS server)

I don't know if the provided writs are very HARD on purpose and if there will be more "common" ones in live but so far it's hard to know how rare it is because everthing rewards 1 and everything costs 1...

They mentioned that they couldn't get the voucher reward quantities to work the way they wanted, so they just made everything reward 1 voucher and cost 1 voucher on PTS. It'll be different on live.

I agree that it is inconvenient to not know what the cost/reward situation is going to look like for realz.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    24 max tier writs - not a single master writ request.

Looks like most of that cool stuff is destined for the gamble crates.

Totally unimpressed :(
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    What are the rewards?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aight this stuff needs to change.

Writs need to align with meaningful crafting.
    If I craft something for me or another player, that needs to produce something in terms of a credit or some progress that leads to the writ rewards

You added housing. Let us have incentives of crafting furniture and gear for ourselves and other players.

Actually establish a meaningful economy vs creating material sinks based on a RNG reward.

It makes no sense to throw away materials to get access to recipes and stuff that require more materials.

We're not in a situation where people have a plethora of materials to blow
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 4, 2017 10:02PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question: Is the knowledge of crown store exclusive motifs taken into account for chances at a master writ?

Follow up: Is it possible for the game to ask for something in a crown store exclusive style?

[edit] Found the answer (mostly). Knowledge of crown exclusive motifs don't get taken into account, so I assume it won't ask you for anything in those styles. - https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3656134/#Comment_3656134
    Edited by MissBizz on January 4, 2017 10:41PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I definitely see a problem with the mutiple crafting skill requirements ON ONE SINGLE crafter to craft many of the rare recipes.

I don't really know many crafters who craft everything on one character: 2 or more crafters is the norm.

This definitely sucks.

Also... my first master writ called for crafting a legendary shield. Legendary tempers are not cheap. Maybe tone that down and make purple level the top end?
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

what is the generation mechanic of the Master Writs? Would it make sense to save some writ reward boxes now, and open them after the update drops, will they get ``updated/converted'' in U13?

Thank you.
  • Hamiltonmath
    Hamiltonmath
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah epic is fine. Legendary is way too much
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are dlc motifs included in these? If we don't have say dark brotherhood will assassins league pop up? BTW this is a stupidly rare and pig awful farm as it is.

Kind of excludes a few people.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Llogwey
    Llogwey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legendary is too expensive and this is strictly no long-term return on investment with that...

Asking for hard traits and style is difficult and expensive but once you get them... you have them... it's an investment. and well, style material may be rare they are affordable.... and most are buyable at merchants. ..

asking for legendary will generate a great problem for those who actually REALLY need yellow materials for their own stuff and considering their cost/rarity .....

Also , is there a way to transfer Vouchers from one char to another of the same account in order to "gather" all the vouchers you get from several crafters on your account who specialize ine ONE skill each, in order to have a larger amount of vouchers to buy bigger stuff?

As I See it , currently you can't store Vouchers in bank the way you could store Tel Var Stones... that's a problem. Not all players practice ALL the tradeskills on a single toon...

Edited by Llogwey on January 4, 2017 11:06PM
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmfao Legendary? Really guys? Thats really really not cool, make the top end purple, not gold.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did the master writ "A Masterful Concoction" (got the quest via the template character)

Craft an Escapist's Poison IX with the following traits:
    - Unstoppable
    - Restore Magicka
    - Spell Critical

It asks me to create 20 of them.

I created poison using the only combination which can produce these effects. The recipe was alkahest solvent, columbine, lady's smock, and namira's rot. I did the crafting on a crafting station I placed in my newly furnished home.

Complaint #1: when creating poisons, at max level you generate 16 per craft, so I ended up with 32 of these. Wasteful.
    Complaint #2: the journal never updated with the quest completed.

I then switched to the potion version, just in case the quest was worded improperly. Same results. The quest never recognized that I make the poison. I could be wrong, but I believe that is the only recipe which can create those specific effects.

Earlier I successfully completed a blacksmithing master writ. Perhaps only the alchemy one needs some attention?

Ray
    Ray
  • sylvieanne
    sylvieanne
    ✭✭✭
    Like some others, I found a Master Crafter Writ in my woodworking writ box. It asked me to create:

Ruby Ash Frost Staff
    - Quality: Legendary
    - Trait: Charged
    - Set: Night's Silence
    - Style: Bandit

My current problem is that I don't exactly know which style / motif "Bandit" refers to. If I had to guess, I'd say one of the thieve's guild styles, but I don't think there's a motif called bandit (is there?) - so that's a little confusing for me. Trial and error determining which style ties with which motif would get expensive with legendary status.

I checked the Crown Store to see if it was a purchasable style and could not find it there, either. Guess I'm headed to Auridon to find the housing quest!
    Edited by sylvieanne on January 5, 2017 12:02AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 max writs and not a single one of these special ones found. ZOS, instead of us testing how rare these things are, can you just tell us what the drop rate is? I don't mind a bit of grind on live, but I have zero interest in spending time figuring out drop rates when you have the info right in front of you.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Legendary tempers needed. Jep, never going to do that. That's totally out of line.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering that gold tempers go for about 11k (alloys), and you need 8 of them to upgrade an item, what exactly do I get from my 90k investment, eh?

If you're calling for legendary/gold quality items, you better make sure that we're getting something back of the same value or more.

You should probably remove legendary stuff from the master writs and keep it at epic/purple at max.

Feedback so far:

- "Bandit" motif seems like a bug.
    - You may want to reconsider requiring 8 gold tempers and a lot of Kutas and Hakeijo. Those components are insanely expensive, and I'm not really sure the writ rewards are worth that, compared to making purple items.
    - Other than that - I love that the master writs require all sorts of sets, traits, motifs - even from DLCs and holiday events. This is exactly what I asked for about 6 months ago - so I'm extremely happy with this.
    Edited by Carbonised on January 5, 2017 12:34AM
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭
    4 max writs and i got one master writs, ask me to make an armor piece, legendary, from one set in outlaw style.
    We need to know the true price of the things that we can get with the tickets to know if they are worth doing.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing should be above green quality that we are giving away
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Considering that gold tempers go for about 11k (alloys), and you need 8 of them to upgrade an item, what exactly do I get from my 90k investment, eh?

If you're calling for legendary/gold quality items, you better make sure that we're getting something back of the same value or more.

You should probably remove legendary stuff from the mater writs and keep it at epic/purple at max.

Feedback so far:

- "Bandit" motif seems like a bug.
    - You may want to reconsider requiring 8 gold tempers and a lot of Kutas and Hakeijo. Those components are insanely expensive, and I'm not really sure the writ rewards are worth that, compared to making purple items.
    - Other than that - I love that the master writs require all sorts of sets, traits, motifs - even from DLCs and holiday events. This is exactly what I asked for about 6 months ago - so I'm extremely happy with this.

I agree 100%.
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like doing master writs will cost more than the actual houses.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the things I was interested in testing out tonight. Even without testing yet, I agree with removing legendary quality item requirements. That is a huge investment, one that not many players are going to be interested in doing often. If you want to attract more people into doing writs, I would really consider removing legendary requirements.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    6 more max level writs on a template char with everything maxed - 0 master writs.
    That's now 30 max writs, 0 master writs.
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with using gold tempers if we got significant gains worthy of their use. Using perfect roe or kuta isn't so bad, but 8 tempering alloy is too much with current prices and drop rates. If this is not changed, the amount of vouchers should be
    huge, otherwise many master crafters will not bother to do them outside of completion sake.

Since we don't know the true return and cost of the new writs and voucher items, we cannot be sure whether this will be worth it or not, so please make every effort to ensure it will be so we have less to complain about.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.