Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden class incoming?

Scallan
Scallan
✭✭✭✭
It's been datamined, recently, that the old skill lines from the scrapped Warden class have now reemerged in the game files.

Not only that, but the new PTS update for Frost Staves has added a lot of defensive/tanky abilities such as:

"This passive ability now taunts the enemy after you use a fully-charged Frost Heavy Attack."

"This passive ability now causes your block to drain Magicka (instead of Stamina) and stops your Magicka Recovery (instead of Stamina Recovery) while blocking when you have a Frost Destruction Staff equipped."

"Frost Staves: Increases the amount of damage you Block by 10/20%, and reduces the cost of Block by 15/30%."

Additionally, ZOS came out with the Stalhrim Frostcaster armor this December, which definitely fits the whole frost mage/tank aesthetic. This isn't compelling evidence in and of itself, but it's interesting to say the least.

So from what I have learned, the Warden class was meant to be a mix of Ice, and Nature power but with a defensive bent. From the evidence we've received so far, it's not too gigantic of a reach to think that ZOS is looking to implement the Warden class from the beta back into the game.

It makes sense too. We have Sorcerers who use lightning based abilities, Dragonknights who use flame abilities, but frost has been seriously underused since game launch. Not only does the Warden class specialize in it, but it would give some much needed love to frost magic in general.

What do you guys think? Personally, I'd love to have a class that uses frosty abilities, and just speculating about this gets me excited!
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +++1

Not that I'm a big fan of "Druids" (sorry for saying that word, ZoS)- but my wife will get a kick out of something like this. And if she's happy... well... I don't have to sleep on the couch.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • LordGavus
    LordGavus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually jump on the new class train, but I have to admit a lot of things are starting to fall into place.
    Edited by LordGavus on January 4, 2017 6:26AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that they don't even bother with Warden until they fire the current Devs behind these recent changes. We need much more competant people to fix ESO.

Heck, they'd have me paying $100 a month if they hired Alcast, Fengrush, Sypher, Deltia, Yolowizard, and a lot of simply smart people to make changes. People who play the game. At least then we'd see multiple full campaigns again because we wouldn't have mindnumbingly stupid OP sets and broken asf Heavy Armor on both Tanks/Healers/DPS in PvP alike.

Instead they've further ruined balance, rather than make attempts to fix it. It's unbelievable how bad things are going to be next patch for PvP. And PvE? Well now every Magicka Sorc DPS gets to farm out both Sharpened Inferno AND Shock staves instead of one of either, due to the Destruction Staff passive changes. If you don't have both staves to switch out between fights, you will crush your DPS. So all I have to look foward to next patch is:
    1. Massive amounts of pre-patch nMoL grinding for Sharpened Moondancer staves
    2. Quitting PvP entirely, being a strictly PvE-oriented player
    3. A house between my guildmates that I can't store gear in
    4. Wait LONGER for a new zone w/ real content, which will amount to 9 months since a zone released. Plus the last two were tiny zones.

Only one good thing has happened for me, which is the addition of the Silken Ring/Mazzatun motifs so I can decon the hundreds of gear pieces Ive stored for style mats.

I really hate what's going on right now.
    Edited by Vaoh on January 4, 2017 6:34AM
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Heck, they'd have me paying $100 a month if they hired Alcast, Fengrush, Sypher, Deltia, Yolowizard, and a lot of simply smart people to make changes. People who play the game.

This.

Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that they don't even bother with Warden until they fire the current Devs behind these recent changes. We need much more competant people to fix ESO.

Heck, they'd have me paying $100 a month if they hired Alcast, Fengrush, Sypher, Deltia, Yolowizard, and a lot of simply smart people to make changes.

"Smart" as in badmouth the company, then get confused when they drop you like a hot potato "smart?"

EDIT: Typo.
    Edited by starkerealm on January 5, 2017 6:01PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully not.

Just stop a second. Look at how imbalanced classes are now. Why add more into that? They need to balance the current 4 classes first.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I hope they don't just copy/paste the class back in. That class needed some desperate tweaking and fixes. I'm still happy they're going to put it back in but I am extremely cautious about how they'll implement it back into the game.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was thinking the same when I saw that frost staff changes, and it will be a great addition to it, since in the last 2 years frost staves has been a for fun item to use :)
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, they'd have me paying $100 a month if they hired Alcast, Fengrush, Sypher, Deltia, Yolowizard, and a lot of simply smart people to make changes. People who play the game.

This.

hell no :) no offense, after reading some of these players post, I would not recommend it, dont get me wrong they are amazing at what they do and great at sharing and helping people which I love.

But like one of them said in another post, he would rather have crafting for BiS gear, that would mean all dropped sets would be worthless. Another said they would make rng easier in vMal just to get sharpened traits, they would remove everything that gives abit of a grind.

Sure that seems great at first, but if we all had the best BiS always, what the heck would you play the game for, it would remove progression so fast and game would get borring

• Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are currently no plans for another class.

Translating for Wrobel: this is something we are thinking about - as we have since launch - but no plans for the immediate future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/546mo4/welcome_to_the_one_tamriel_eso_ama/d7zdnhm/?context=3

Take that how you will, but that's the most recent word on the matter.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've a sneaky suspicion they are going to *gasp* replace the nightblade class with the warden class.
    Balance by ZoS, the new fragrance that smells unmistakeably like ***
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • Olysja
    Olysja
    ✭✭✭
    no.
    Are you a perfect russian woman? add me-> @Olysja (✿☯‿☯✿)
    (EU)(EP) Olysja / Hortensius Capitolinus
    (EU)(DC) My Heart for Cuties
    (EU)(AD) City light painted girl
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »
    There are currently no plans for another class.

Translating for Wrobel: this is something we are thinking about - as we have since launch - but no plans for the immediate future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/546mo4/welcome_to_the_one_tamriel_eso_ama/d7zdnhm/?context=3

Take that how you will, but that's the most recent word on the matter.

I see what you are saying, but "immediate" is the keyword here.

I can see them adding a new class by the end of the year, especially since they're working on new DLC (Vvardenfell and Clockwork City have been datamined) as we speak.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was never data mined. This was old before PC launch before 2014. The warden class was changed into Templar. So you already have it. Ta da. Now will still need to balance the first four... that is supposed balance patch... the real one with buffs not nerfs. Where skills are equal not just things blown apart for no apparent reason.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Scallan

It would also mean a frost based warden dps could be a real problem since the heavy attack is a taunt. Omg, the videos of a boss being taunt immune because a frost warden heavy attacked the boss off the tank will be hilarious.

Of course the warden could avoid putting points into that one passive.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

This.

hell no :) no offense, after reading some of these players post, I would not recommend it, dont get me wrong they are amazing at what they do and great at sharing and helping people which I love.

But like one of them said in another post, he would rather have crafting for BiS gear, that would mean all dropped sets would be worthless. Another said they would make rng easier in vMal just to get sharpened traits, they would remove everything that gives abit of a grind.

Sure that seems great at first, but if we all had the best BiS always, what the heck would you play the game for, it would remove progression so fast and game would get borring

I would play to do the things I enjoy, not spend the majority of time grinding in order play what I enjoy (Cyrodiil).
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    It was never data mined. This was old before PC launch before 2014. The warden class was changed into Templar. So you already have it. Ta da. Now will still need to balance the first four... that is supposed balance patch... the real one with buffs not nerfs. Where skills are equal not just things blown apart for no apparent reason.

If you had read my original post and the link provided within it, you would know that the Warden skills have reemerged in the game files. I'm well aware that the class was present in the beta.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »

If you had read my original post and the link provided within it, you would know that the Warden skills have reemerged in the game files. I'm well aware that the class was present in the beta.

I did read your original post. I always do my due diligence. Since I have first hand seen this "new data set" about three years ago unless they are just literally sending the same info again. There is literally nothing new. Now that wouldn't surprise me as ZOS is ZOS but I would not bet a single penny.

Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I did read your original post. I always do my due diligence. Since I have first hand seen this "new data set" about three years ago unless they are just literally sending the same info again. There is literally nothing new. Now that wouldn't surprise me as ZOS is ZOS but I would not bet a single penny.

I'll echo this point in another way; Datamining is NOT gospel. Some (a decent number) things have been datamined in the past, and that was it. That's all that happened with those things. They never made it to live, and files off and on tend to get removed/replaced, blah, blah,maintenance stuff, blah. Don't hold your breath. Unless there's bold print by Gina herself, I'm not counting anything in regard to it.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »

This.

People think these guys are "smart" because they say things that resonate with the crowd they draw in to their streams and Youtube vids. "Some guy on the TV/Computer says the same things Im thinking....Hes totally right. Im going to follow him and sing his praises on the forums every chance I get!"

Most of the crap they talk about is selfcentered and would only benefit the types of players they are. While putting everyone else in a really ****y position.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I beleive he is referring to the reemerged data that came about with the 1t patch.

Still hardly indicative of anything honeslty.
  • Phatmattfu
    Phatmattfu
    ✭✭✭
    They would be wise to add a new class to try and regain some of their lost customers that left from sheer boredom of the current skills / classes.

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Scallan, I certainly hope you are right. I've been wondering myself as well. If they do add this I'll certainly be very excited, and very hopeful they let us get more character slots. I don't desire to delete anything I have currently, and I'm at the character limit. Playing as a Frost-tank Nord or Altmer Warden though actually does sound rather compelling, and I'm very hopeful that they make this happen. The lack of a class with frost element built into it has been pretty obvious since the start, and quite a few people have commented on that (including myself). I'll just cross my fingers for now.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope there will be a necromancy summon line~~
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Warden never became Templar. One of their ultimates ended up on the sorc skill list, a few might have gone to the Templar, but they didn't simply become the Templar. For one thing, a major focus of the class was pets, which according to the testers I've heard from who actually messed with it, was buggy and never worked quite right.

The frost abilities and shamanic totems were also warden abilities that survived in the NPC spell lists, but players did not get.

So... yeah, not the Templars.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lihentian wrote: »
    i hope there will be a necromancy summon line~~

There already is... on the forums.
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Scallan, I certainly hope you are right. I've been wondering myself as well. If they do add this I'll certainly be very excited, and very hopeful they let us get more character slots. I don't desire to delete anything I have currently, and I'm at the character limit. Playing as a Frost-tank Nord or Altmer Warden though actually does sound rather compelling, and I'm very hopeful that they make this happen. The lack of a class with frost element built into it has been pretty obvious since the start, and quite a few people have commented on that (including myself). I'll just cross my fingers for now.

I agree! I've been wanting to roll a Nord frost mage for forever, so I'm really hoping they add this class in!
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully not and please stop mentioning that. It might seem to ZOS that that's what players want when instead a lot of us would rather have new skill lines available to everyone and/or the removal of all classes at all. I mean, without the class change of course I'm actively against new classes. What if I like the new class, then what? Not only I'm forced to delete one of my alts to even try the class, but I'll also have to grind out 22k achievement points until I stop feeling like I'm wasting time and not progressing because I"m just trying to catch up with the progress I have already made, but for some weird reason it's not displayed on my character and I can't use titles and can't craft motifs I already grinded, bought and learned.

In fact, I suggest ZOS implements and automoderator who will ban everyone using "warden" and "class" in one paragraph/post for breaking the forum rules.
    Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation: We do not tolerate the deliberate and malicious spreading of false info or conspiracy theories about ZeniMax Online Studios, its game(s), or its employees. This does not include honest mistakes; rather, this rule pertains to those who go out of their way to spread harmful or malicious rumors about ZeniMax Online Studios and its employees, or The Elder Scrolls Online.

Edited by Artis on January 4, 2017 10:59PM
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Hopefully not and please stop mentioning that. It might seem to ZOS that that's what players want when instead a lot of us would rather have new skill lines available to everyone and/or the removal of all classes at all. I mean, without the class change of course I'm actively against new classes. What if I like the new class, then what? Not only I'm forced to delete one of my alts to even try the class, but I'll also have to grind out 22k achievement points until I stop feeling like I'm wasting time and not progressing because I"m just trying to catch up with the progress I have already made, but for some weird reason it's not displayed on my character and I can't use titles and can't craft motifs I already grinded, bought and learned.

In fact, I suggest ZOS implements and automoderator who will ban everyone using "warden" and "class" in one paragraph/post for breaking the forum rules.
    Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation: We do not tolerate the deliberate and malicious spreading of false info or conspiracy theories about ZeniMax Online Studios, its game(s), or its employees. This does not include honest mistakes; rather, this rule pertains to those who go out of their way to spread harmful or malicious rumors about ZeniMax Online Studios and its employees, or The Elder Scrolls Online.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you spoke for the community as a whole. Your arguments against a new class are irrelevant anyways, seeing as you have to grind out "22k achievement points" and work on progression for your alts as well.

This is a speculation post, this isn't a conspiracy thread. Ironically, your antagonistic reply, including calling for bans and whatnot, is more "harmful" than anything being posted here.
  • illusionarythade
    illusionarythade
    ✭✭✭
    I am what you would probably call a lurker in ESO, I don't talk much or comment much but I play the game and I am happy regardless of any changes. It has been far too long since ESO started with little to no character customisation in regards to abilities and skills, the options are weak.

Balance wise, it will never be correct. Sorry to burst a bubble but it wont happen. The numbers will always fluctuate. The same is true for most games, if you pop to their forums the same titles and threads appear, so argue as you wish about balance but it cannot be fixed. The numbers game MMO's use are too open to interpretation by individuals, it would take some spectacular talent to fix all classes, skill lines and add new abilities in to fix the gaps to make all the numbers for every single PvP and PvE Sta/Mag instance add up to a acceptable level that every single user of ESO will enjoy and like. Even then it would not be balanced and true.

I say add the class, I love the Warden. It will fill some gaps that are needed (aka - Ice and nature magic) and provide a new base to work from. Balance will always be worked on, forever and until the end of the game when the servers are shut. Adding a class only happens once, and likely it will be a profitable and welcome change from the fearful norm. It will add a breath of fresh air to the stale meta and dull days. In fact they should have added more classes and real skill lines a long time ago. Sod the meta and the balance, its messed up anyway and will never be fixed properly so screw it. Go all out.

TL;DR Don't be a Pansy, Add it anyway.

"Use nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power, and fear her fury."

.: Fehn-reil Bosmer Craftsman [AD] :. | .: Teiali Bosmer Warden Support [EP] :.