The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the worst sets of changes to come about. Hidden under all that fluff and more grinds. GG ZOS.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirsius wrote: »
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, ORSINIUM DLC GAME PACK
    Exploration & Itemization
    General
    • Fixed an issue where Nirnroot and Water Hyacinth would incorrectly appear as pools of water in Wrothgar.
    • Adjusted the distribution of Maelstrom weapons obtained from the Maelstrom Arena via the Leaderboards and drops.
      • Previously, this was divided evenly by weapon category (Destruction Staff, Two Hand, etc). Now, it is based on the individual item type (Dagger, One Handed Sword, etc), and all damage weapons within the item type have an equal probability to drop.
      • In addition, when a Dual Wield weapon is awarded, you will receive two Dual Wield weapons.
      • We also slightly reduced the drop chance for Healing Staves, Bows, and One Hand and Shields.

So... I'm confused. All weapons have an equal chance, yet you also reduced the chance on specific weapons. You either just contradicted yourself or I'm reading this wrong.

I assume that means that they reduced the chance on those weapons in order to make them all equal.

It says all weapons of one type have equal chance which leaves possibility that bows drop less than two handed for example. But all two handed will drop equally.
    Edited by JasonSilverSpring on January 4, 2017 12:04AM
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maximum stored ulti reduced to 500 from 1000 is a nasty little sorc nerf for pve. Force Pulse being unreflectable is ok I guess, a slight pvp buff. 25% more damage to atronach is nice. That's about it for most sorcs. Not sure how I feel about the destro passive that makes block cost magicka, I never had an issue with it costing stam tbh.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on January 4, 2017 12:02AM
    PC | EU
  • Gamer1986PAN
    Gamer1986PAN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Actually not scared shitless from this!

rejoice however! DKs need to be out of magicka and health to be viable at healing now instead of just out of the health!

And need a higher Magica-Pool as well... i guess i go for the green Morph now, bye bye 8% more healing received...
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    So ... where are the quality of life improvements for guild management? Guild bank tabs? More permissions options? Fixing kiosk bid spying?

Very disappointed.

Kiosk bid spying shouldn't be happening as you can only see the current bid if you have the Hire Guild Traders permission.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ Maybe I'm missing here, but I thought Force Pulse was already non reflective?
  • JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I'm liking the proposed changes, but will have to test!!

Notably,
    Destro Staff magic passives
    Frost magicka tanks (cool!)
    Slightly better vMA drops (Thank you!!)

• Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about the frost staff blocking changes, love it.
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can you tell us in how many hours will PTS be online? Maybe a guess? So we can do other things while we wait for it and not desperately refresh this page?
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I suppose the update isn't being pushed to the PTS today?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    Frost staff changes looks interesting, but what abbout endless block builds?
    1. Get high stam and magicka regen
    2. Equip 1h and shield and frost staff.
    3. Stand in block with shield until you run out of stamina
    4. Weapon swap and stand in block with frost staff until you run out of magicka

Another cancer build opportunity here.
    Edited by StereoLiz on January 4, 2017 12:09AM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of fixing, lots of ***, not much buffs (especially for us, Magicka) but not a word about:

- Auto-sheating weapons right after entering combat;
    - Unsheating without necessity;
    - Double bar swaps, screw those with minimum of 200 ping;
    - NPCs taking several minutes to load because game still loading tons of styles and costumes of the huge number of players in big centers;
    - People being still allowed to Duel near wayshrines, slowing even more our readiness;
    - Heck... Even DK's broken chains that don't work saying target is of level too high or too low (specially annoying in Blessed Crucible) was ignored.

My biggest concern though is burn 4kk in a mansion I won't be allowed to decorate as much (I'm very perfectionist) as I want because you've added limits?! C'mon! This is utterly stupid!
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »

Not me. I felt I was in a good place with a little over 200K. I will not live so long as to get the high end homes as it has taken a couple years to get the 200k.

Seriously? I just made a new char on na, and got 200k gold in less than 2 weeks, simply by vendoring the crap i looted from grinding.....
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do love the housing prices. Makes houses affordable for pretty much everyone and still makes the larger ones more rare. I say that as someone who will be able to afford one medium house somewhere probably.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    philrsx wrote: »
    No stam nightblade nerf guess still be wearing heavy then

Why do you want a stamina based nightblade nerffed? I can barely beat some of the PvE bosses with what I have.
    Are you *** serious?? How many people actually have 4m gold

Not me. I felt I was in a good place with a little over 200K. I will not live so long as to get the high end homes as it has taken a couple years to get the 200k.

I have 1 million on my bank account. Get a trading guild and everything is solved

No it is not solved, you have to spend countless hours farming for motifs or sets or rare drops or even fishing to have stuff worth selling and then waiting for someone willing to buy your stuff. I have 1.1m gold in bank and it took me over 1 year to get it. The thing is ZO$ wants you to buy crowns and that is it. They don't care if you can't afford it or if you need to have a real life.

Or guess what, you actually play the game...
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IIIIIICCCCCCEEEE MAGICKA STAFF TANKING YAAAAAAAASSSSSS *incomprehensible screaming anf squealing*
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    philrsx wrote: »

Why do you want a stamina based nightblade nerffed? I can barely beat some of the PvE bosses with what I have.

I have 1 million on my bank account. Get a trading guild and everything is solved

No it is not solved, you have to spend countless hours farming for motifs or sets or rare drops or even fishing to have stuff worth selling and then waiting for someone willing to buy your stuff. I have 1.1m gold in bank and it took me over 1 year to get it. The thing is ZO$ wants you to buy crowns and that is it. They don't care if you can't afford it or if you need to have a real life.

Or guess what, you actually play the game...

Like what doing quests? :D Good luck getting gold from that to be able to afford the large houses...
    Edited by philrsx on January 4, 2017 12:10AM
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    WTF is wrong with you Zo$

You call this the magic patch. You said you would give mag users a buff. You lied.

I am now completely convinced that wroble only plays stamina builds. GG ***

Destro ult is still OP. just spam that like 95% of mag builds
    StereoLiz wrote: »

Thats the thing though, magicka regens while blocking, if this isn't addressed, welcome to permablocking meta.
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif
    ****Master Healer...****
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why anybody is surprised. This game has been a joke since 1.6. At least Camelot Unchained Beta is right around the corner.
    @TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • chaserstorm16909
    chaserstorm16909
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no nerf to incap strikes, but strife costs more?
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭

Cresting 4 mill myself and I'm poor in my guild. Home pricing is ok. Home locations are underwhelming for the most part but notes are vague. Does seem like some utility to homes other than RP though. Master writs will take some time to figure out.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    This change to frost staff is about to break magic builds in pvp

Tri Focus:
    This passive ability now taunts the enemy after you use a fully-charged Frost Heavy Attack.
    This passive ability now causes your block to drain Magicka (instead of Stamina) and stops your Magicka Recovery (instead of Stamina Recovery) while blocking when you have a Frost Destruction Staff equipped.
    Ancient Knowledge: This passive ability no longer decreases the cast time of your Destruction Staff Heavy Attacks by 5/10%. Instead, it grants you a bonus as long as you have one Destruction Staff ability slotted. This bonus depends on your staff type:
    Flame Staves: Increases your single-target damage dealt by 4/8%.
    Frost Staves: Increases the amount of damage you Block by 10/20%, and reduces the cost of Block by 15/30%.
    Lightning Staves: Increases your Area of Effect damage dealt by 4/8%.

I doubt it will "break" anything since it stops magicka regen, also remember blocking with a damage shield does nothing to reduce damage (to the shield) but still costs and shuts down regen. What the change does is open up some new playstyles, which I think is great.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    giphy.gif

Looks like salty infernal guardian player. :P
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can force shock still be dodged since it's a beam now and not a projectile
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    I dont know why anybody is surprised. This game has been a joke since 1.6. At least Camelot Unchained Beta is right around the corner.

Why are you playing it then?
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are there zero changes to light and medium armor passives? Do you really think they are on par with heavy armor?(pvp wise)

Frost stave changes look interesting, but seriously, do you want everyone running heavy armor?
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in short Zenimax is telling us:

We are aware of the issue that PvP groups stack templars with destro ulti instead of using any skill or tactics, and we adress it by strengthening the destro ulti, abolishing the existing AoE cap, and of course by allowing Healing Ritual to be used without movement restriction ?

Wow! ;)
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    And there it goes my dreams of being a land lord... I guess I'm gonna have to buy one large home and start saving gold all over again. I'll probably be able to afford 1 large house every year...
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kadoozy wrote: »
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    WTF is wrong with you Zo$

You call this the magic patch. You said you would give mag users a buff. You lied.

I am now completely convinced that wroble only plays stamina builds. GG ***

Destro ult is still OP. just spam that like 95% of mag builds
    StereoLiz wrote: »

Thats the thing though, magicka regens while blocking, if this isn't addressed, welcome to permablocking meta.

Im surprised they didnt move the destro ult to the first slot of all stam builds. They literally turned the ice staff into a stam weapon. Any stam player that isnt running an ice staff after the next patch is an idiot. Thanks for the magica love zo$.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn