The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Website Age Gate

Personofsecrets
Personofsecrets
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
No matter how many times I correctly enter my age into the age gate that guards the elder scrolls online store, I can't bypass that age gate.

I keep getting redirected to the age gate. This has happened, on and off, for over a year now.

Can anyone offer me advice that would let me get past the age gate? I'm 26 years old and shouldn't be having this issue.

Thank you.
Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought this was going to be a thread on the peculiarity of a website that has an age gate but also polices the forums like they're frequented by toddlers. Disappointing.

rip decibel
  • Cyrediath
    Cyrediath
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how many times I correctly enter my age into the age gate that guards the elder scrolls online store, I can't bypass that age gate.

I keep getting redirected to the age gate. This has happened, on and off, for over a year now.

Can anyone offer me advice that would let me get past the age gate? I'm 26 years old and shouldn't be having this issue.

Thank you.

Yea im also getting that. Both on website and on steam. Everytime i want to check i see age page and i have to enter random birthday it takes time. Steam already knows my age 23. It shouldnt ask spesifically.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've never been able to get it to work on my tablet but a normal computer works fine...except the normal computer isn't an option when I'm out of town so I would also appreciate a fix for the age gate. :(
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it likes to randomly switch to the DD/MM/YYYY format instead of MM/DD/YYYY, but I won't realize that until a few failed attempts. You might be getting the same thing.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

is this age gate issue something that you can look into please?
    Don't tank

• Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This issue continues to persist.
    Don't tank

• Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    speculating... the game's rated M by ERSB. i never use my actual b-date on any of these. Identity theft is real folks.
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is supposed to use a cookie, I guess. I get asked every day. I like to think it is in case my birthdate suddenly changes.

Edit... might want to check cookie settings. If you deny all cookies, this coupd be a problem. If you clear daily, will be something done each day.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 30, 2016 2:24PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda can't into cookies. When they launched their new website, the forum kept logging people out every day for months. Maybe it still does, I don't visit anymore.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @lordrichter ,

I can't even bypass the age gate a single day. I just get blocked by it and cannot succeed at convincing the website that I am old enough.

I'm using internet explorer and haven't changed any of it's default settings.
    Don't tank

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter ,

I can't even bypass the age gate a single day. I just get blocked by it and cannot succeed at convincing the website that I am old enough.

Maybe you need to grow up? :smiley: (could not resist that one...)

Sounds like you are blocking them. I can't remember if the age gate is running javascript, but if you have them in an internet zone that blocks javascript, that might be your problem.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @lordrichter ,

Sounds like you are blocking them. I can't remember if the age gate is running javascript, but if you have them in an internet zone that blocks javascript, that might be your problem.

@lordrichter ,

do you think that i have setting in places other than my browser settings that could control such javascript blocking?
    Don't tank

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you're not blocking the acceptance of cookies.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @code65536 ,

is that type of blocking controlled strictly by the browser or should i find that control in some other computer settings?
    Don't tank

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter ,

@lordrichter ,

do you think that i have setting in places other than my browser settings that could control such javascript blocking?

I do not use Internet Explorer, but I am sure there is a way to block both cookies and javascript somewhere in the Internet Options. It might be as simple as moving "elderscrollsonline.com", and probably "bethesda.net" out of the "Internet" zone and into another zone. Maybe the "Trusted Sites" zone will do it?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @lordrichter ,

@lordrichter ,

I do not use Internet Explorer, but I am sure there is a way to block both cookies and javascript somewhere in the Internet Options. It might be as simple as moving "elderscrollsonline.com", and probably "bethesda.net" out of the "Internet" zone and into another zone. Maybe the "Trusted Sites" zone will do it?

I'll try to adjust such a setting when I get home. Thank you so far for the help.
    Don't tank

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @code65536 ,

is that type of blocking controlled strictly by the browser or should i find that control in some other computer settings?

It's typically controlled through the browser, but in the case of IE, it could be overriden at a system level via policy settings. In the browser, go to Internet Options > Privacy. The website can't "remember" that you've input a date if it cannot set a cookie to indicate this, so aside from input error, this is the most likely culprit.

But input error is also a possibility; as someone noted earlier, the month and date fields are sometimes swapped. The US/English version will ask for it in MM/DD/YYYY, but the Intl/English version will ask for it in DD/MM/YYYY. Sometimes, for inexplicable reasons, the website will switch to the international version, and I notice it only after failing the age gate.
    Edited by code65536 on December 30, 2016 5:00PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch