The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Laptop Charging Issue While Running ESO

Ilsabet
Ilsabet
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
My brother just bought and installed ESO on his laptop, and he's run into a problem with the laptop not charging when plugged in, while the game is running. When the game is launched, the computer immediately starts alternating between "Plugged in and charging" and "Not plugged in and running on battery" every few seconds. This ended up fully draining the battery even though the AC adapter was plugged in the entire time.

The laptop is a Razer Blade 2014, so it's not an issue with it being an old machine, poor specs, etc. It has never shown this behavior before, or when running any other programs or games. When ESO is closed, everything immediately goes back to functioning properly and charging, so it's not likely a problem with the charger or laptop hardware.

Has anyone else experienced behavior like this, or know of any settings/power management issues within ESO that might be causing this?
Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
Ilsabet's Headcanon
The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
PC NA
  • wasup23
    wasup23
    I don't know much, but it sounds like a bad driver that is finally being pushed too hard and shorting out the graphics card with bad ground switching so it is causing back emf to make the power supply have a spaz attack. Definitely sounds like a driver issue.