The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In need of clarification about steam sale

MisterAgent
MisterAgent
Soul Shriven
29zoept.jpg

"The purchase of a Tamriel Unlimited or Gold Edition game cannot be combined with any existing Elder Scrolls Online account"
Does this mean i can't buy it as an upgrade and expect to receive the DLCs on my existing linked to steam account?

Whose bright idea was this? So if I, a current customer and user, wanted to get the Guilds and Glory DLC bundle I'd have to pay more than someone who's buying Gold Edition for the first time, effectively receiving the vanilla game AND the expansions?

• rimaxo14_ESO
    rimaxo14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Are we going to get a sale on ps4 Na zenimax?
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if I, a current customer and user, wanted to get the Guilds and Glory DLC bundle I'd have to pay more than someone who's buying Gold Edition for the first time...

That's part of what makes it a bargain for new players.

If you don't have to have the expansions immediately, you could wait until the next crown pack sale which sees a 40% discount on the 5500 pack, the cost of the DLC bundle and effective cost of those DLC for new players with this sale.

Even cheaper, buy each DLC individually on its anniversary. Orsinium was discounted 75% down to 750 crowns. Combined with a crown pack sale that would get the DLC for you at almost half the effective cost of new players with this deal.
  • JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the images you posted it DOES indeed seem that if you were to buy a Gold Edition off of STEAM then you would not be able to link it to your existing account.

However, while browsing through EBAY I've seen folks who are selling the Gold Edition DLC codes just by themselves (I've only came across a PS4 version so far). Also, watching an unboxing video of the Gold Edition for PC (Physical Copy) the DLCs seem to come separate from the base game itself with their own code.

Best option I think would be to buy the Gold Edition physical copy and then use the code for the four DLCs for yourself then sell off the base game by itself. Don't quote me on it though I would definitely suggest giving CS a call and see if they have any suggestions.

or of course the safer option would be to do as "Nerouyn" suggested above.
    Edited by JWKe on December 28, 2016 6:42AM
  • Jah_Shaka
    Jah_Shaka
    ✭✭
    Are we going to get a sale on ps4 Na zenimax?

Dude this is about the third time I've seen your exact same post, get over it if there's no PSN sale on crowns in NA, there's no sale either on the PC regardless of geo location.