The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Curra's How to Tank Guide

• Lefthy
    Lefthy
    ✭✭

[/quote]

Thanks for the comments and the reasons for your choices always nice to hear how others are tanking.

Bloodspawn procs on hits so dodging with Shuffle actually reduces Bloodspawn procs. You want Shuffle for Tava which I'm not using with this build. It is a stam DK so I stick to a system of one magicka skill per bar where I can which is why I went for immovable for the major resistances buffs on the boss bar because personally GDB is a must have for any DK.

If a DPS is running caltrops I will swap it out for heroic slash. I personally find that 80-90% of PUGs I run the DPS either doesn't run caltrops or only drops it once in a fight (so ineffectivly uses it) so sticking with the theme of this thread I run it for more damage in PUG runs. With the aim of doing damage running multiple AoEs for trash fights works well.

There are a few dungeons that I will run chains but most dungeons (as opposed to trials) you don't need chains if you invasion to the right point you can talons 90% of the mobs and then pull the rest with caltrops. One magicka skill use (talons) compared to multiple chains is a no brainer for me on a stam DK.

GDB is an awesome skill and the better morph imo for 98% of the content of the game. It is only some bosses in trials where you need to perma block and even then casting obsidian will give you stam in any event with block up. For the purposes of this thread which is just group dungeons there is no dungeon that requires perma block so you should be getting stam regen.

Now that we have One Tam I am trying out a number of sets to replace jewellery and sword and board with all of these builds as per my post above.

One of the good things about DKs is that they are versatile as tanks and so have a number of skills that let you tank in a few different ways. Keep on tanking.[/quote]

Hey man! Yeah its always cool to learn new ways of tanking and new tactics.

About Bloodspawn, yes i always change the bonus with the Tavas ones :S, since its común to go with the two of them at the same time.

I still find the GDB not worth for the CDB, like i said before the stamina regen has almost no impact on my tank.
    I mean, yeah we need to get stamina back, but i prefer to get control over it, thats why i feel more confortable using helping hands. I want to regen stamina when i need it and if im in a uncorfortable situación and i have to get my shield up the stamina regen is useless for me.
    So i go with the heal buff from CDB.

About caltrops, you know i never feel it like a friendly skill, maybe because i for a long time i was using Cinder Storm since i didnt have the time to lvl up my PVP and i got use to it.
    It has pros and cons, but you know in the end when im facing a pull with range adds i can drop caltrops and get the agro while im taking care of the melees or i can chain the f** of those boys and melt them all at the same time. I love to get them all on my cinder storm and see how the dps just kill them, i feel in control of the situation so i prefer the last option.

A big note, as i said before i focus my regen on magika, so i can chain+talons any time i want. So again the magika regen wins over the stamina reg for me, not only because i use it to cast shields and get stamina back while i tank a boss, i use it to control the trash like i want too.

So yeah we DKs are the best, we can tank in awesomes ways and doing right XD

You know what sets would be cool for a build like yours? Something like thunderbug or defending warrior maybe twin sister too. So much options!
  • Lefthy
    Lefthy
    ✭✭

[/quote]

Thanks for the comments and the reasons for your choices always nice to hear how others are tanking.

Bloodspawn procs on hits so dodging with Shuffle actually reduces Bloodspawn procs. You want Shuffle for Tava which I'm not using with this build. It is a stam DK so I stick to a system of one magicka skill per bar where I can which is why I went for immovable for the major resistances buffs on the boss bar because personally GDB is a must have for any DK.

If a DPS is running caltrops I will swap it out for heroic slash. I personally find that 80-90% of PUGs I run the DPS either doesn't run caltrops or only drops it once in a fight (so ineffectivly uses it) so sticking with the theme of this thread I run it for more damage in PUG runs. With the aim of doing damage running multiple AoEs for trash fights works well.

There are a few dungeons that I will run chains but most dungeons (as opposed to trials) you don't need chains if you invasion to the right point you can talons 90% of the mobs and then pull the rest with caltrops. One magicka skill use (talons) compared to multiple chains is a no brainer for me on a stam DK.

GDB is an awesome skill and the better morph imo for 98% of the content of the game. It is only some bosses in trials where you need to perma block and even then casting obsidian will give you stam in any event with block up. For the purposes of this thread which is just group dungeons there is no dungeon that requires perma block so you should be getting stam regen.

Now that we have One Tam I am trying out a number of sets to replace jewellery and sword and board with all of these builds as per my post above.

One of the good things about DKs is that they are versatile as tanks and so have a number of skills that let you tank in a few different ways. Keep on tanking.[/quote]

Hey man! Yeah its always cool to learn new ways of tanking and new tactics.

About Bloodspawn, yes i always change the bonus with the Tavas ones :S, since its común to go with the two of them at the same time.

I still find the GDB not worth for the CDB, like i said before the stamina regen has almost no impact on my tank.
    I mean, yeah we need to get stamina back, but i prefer to get control over it, thats why i feel more confortable using helping hands. I want to regen stamina when i need it and if im in a uncorfortable situación and i have to get my shield up the stamina regen is useless for me.
    So i go with the heal buff from CDB.

About caltrops, you know i never feel it like a friendly skill, maybe because i for a long time i was using Cinder Storm since i didnt have the time to lvl up my PVP and i got use to it.
    It has pros and cons, but you know in the end when im facing a pull with range adds i can drop caltrops and get the agro while im taking care of the melees or i can chain the f** of those boys and melt them all at the same time. I love to get them all on my cinder storm and see how the dps just kill them, i feel in control of the situation so i prefer the last option.

A big note, as i said before i focus my regen on magika, so i can chain+talons any time i want. So again the magika regen wins over the stamina reg for me, not only because i use it to cast shields and get stamina back while i tank a boss, i use it to control the trash like i want too.

And i generally use warhorn while tanking so i get my resources back with my ultimate too, but a since you focus more on dps standar feel more suitable i guess.

So yeah we DKs are the best, we can tank in awesomes ways and doing right XD

You know what sets would be cool for a build like yours? Something like thunderbug or defending warrior maybe twin sister too. So much options!