Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Question: Why isn't my Ransack levelling?

Jammaxx
Jammaxx
Soul Shriven
Apologies for the noob question! First time playing a tank, my One Handed And Shield are progressing nicely but Ransack is stuck at L1 and not moving.

Is it because I'm using an axe rather than a sword? Or is there another reason?

TIA
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    doesn't matter what one-handed weapon you use. ransack will only level off of the XP that you gain while you have that bar loaded. Make sure you have the bar that ransack slotted in loaded when you gain XP.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Basically what he said. I use a mace and shield. When you turn in missions make sure to have that as the equipped weapon set for tons of easy xp
    Edited by Jciampi on December 23, 2016 11:51AM
  • Jammaxx
    Jammaxx
    Soul Shriven
    Hi,

I do have one handed and shield equipped when I complete missions, still nothing....

As I say all other skills, heavy armour, class specific etc are going up but Ransack (and heroic slash aren't). I've now got Defensive Posture on and that's going up too.

I'm very confused....
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jammaxx wrote: »
    Hi,

I do have one handed and shield equipped when I complete missions, still nothing....

As I say all other skills, heavy armour, class specific etc are going up but Ransack (and heroic slash aren't). I've now got Defensive Posture on and that's going up too.

I'm very confused....

Just to be clear, it does not matter what you have equipped on your character. What matters is what is on the active skill bar. Is Ransack one of the active skills on your skill bar when you turn in quests? I know this works, as I just leveled Ransack on a couple alts recently. FYI, you don't even have to have a 1H and Shield equipped to level that or any skill. I sometimes load my back bar with assorted skills I'm training and swap to it for turn ins. I've leveled many skills without ever using them.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The higher the level of requirement to unlock the ability = longer to level

Morphed versions of abilities = take far longer to level

Are your other morphed abilities of similar level requirement taking less longer to level than ransack?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jammaxx
    Jammaxx
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks all.

Yep, Ransack and Heroic Slash both on active bar (I'm only L9 so only one bar at present.)

I think its starting to go up now but really slowly.

Just seems strange that my Defensive Posture, from the same skill, has levelled to 2 already and the other two haven't despite having them equipped longer.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all.

Yep, Ransack and Heroic Slash both on active bar (I'm only L9 so only one bar at present.)

Just seems strange that my Defensive Posture, from the same skill, has levelled to 2 already and the other two haven't despite having them equipped longer.

That's because defensive posture is the unmorphed ability, once you morph it, it'll take longer as well.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all.

Its cause you are such low level that you don't see much of a change. As the others said a morphed skill takes a long time even for a maxed out character to level so if you are only lvl 9 then don't worry about it, once you hit higher levels you will notice it going up faster.