The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate the New Life Festival"

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we're actively looking into how we can help alleviate some of the high ping that you're running into, though please understand that some crowding at the start of an event is to be expected.
    I know it's not something you can do now, because it would require a patch, but hopefully for future events you can add the relevant quest-givers to more than one zone. In this instance, for example, having a New Life Herald and their respective XP kegs just outside Sentinel, Vulkwasten, and Belkarth, in addition to Breda outside Windhelm, would have quartered the number of players at a quest-giver.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how on earth does the Mudball bag work? I know it's in my Mementos but when I "Use" it literally nothing happens.

nevermind, finally got it. lol
    Edited by MornaBaine on December 15, 2016 8:44PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Panth141 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you tell us if the xp boost from this event not stacking with xp pots or scrolls is intended? Had worked with previous xp events so why not this one?

Can anyone give firm confirmation of this? Surely we're not getting both the non-stacking and the buff removal on death issues again?

We just checked and it does appear to be stacking. @Panth141 - what are you trying to use that doesn't appear to be stacking with the XP buff from the event?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you tell us if the xp boost from this event not stacking with xp pots or scrolls is intended? Had worked with previous xp events so why not this one?

Can anyone give firm confirmation of this? Surely we're not getting both the non-stacking and the buff removal on death issues again?

We just checked and it does appear to be stacking. @Panth141 - what are you trying to use that doesn't appear to be stacking with the XP buff from the event?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I haven't tested it - I was referring to the guy who said it didn't work and asking if anyone could confirm it - really glad to hear that there doesn't seem to be an issue with it, though!

Sorry for the confusion
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alik'r dessert is generating really long load screens (getting lagged out due to inactivity) on Xbox EU - please investigate!
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, we're actively looking into how we can help alleviate some of the high ping that you're running into, though please understand that some crowding at the start of an event is to be expected.

I wondered at them putting the quest giver in one zone and thought "What?????".
    Then I thought about it. What a great way to stress servers and actual pin point problems in server and fix them. I REALLY want to believe this is the reason and hope they get useful data from this. So I have been patient in Windhelm and the crowds are kinda cool. Except when folks agro the Savages and drag them to the tent...Lmao!!
    Other than that I think it's a great event!
    1,000 Huzzahs Zos!
    Happy New Life Festival to All!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Drayven_Indoril
    Drayven_Indoril
    Soul Shriven
    Brilliant idea forcing us all to go to one spot. Did a couple quests than got kicked and can't get back in. Really, think before you act. Seriously don't force everyone into one spot. It's not rocket science.
  • Ulfberht
    Ulfberht
    ✭✭
    Sharmony wrote: »
    I love the fact I can't log into the server, great event!

Same thing keeps happening to me on the PC NA server. My characters get stuck/froze then dropped from the game every time I try to get the quest from Breda and when I try to log them back in nothing happens and after a few minutes I get a popup saying that the connection to the server could not be made.

I am able to log in my characters that are not in Eastmarch trying to get the quest, but three of mine are stuck there in limbo now.

Edited by Ulfberht on December 15, 2016 10:07PM
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    I also see that the xp buff timer is running even when you're logged out? I logged out after just using it, and logged back on later and only had an hour left.
  • Vortraxx
    Vortraxx
    Soul Shriven
    It doesn't work for me !
    It says 1h 58 mins left, and 2 mins later it's gone ..

Even when i'm doing my random dungeon it doesn't give me my 100k xp ..
    Please explain .
  • Drayven_Indoril
    Drayven_Indoril
    Soul Shriven
    Beyond frustration. Trying to get honey. I've been swearing up a storm. No one is around than 50 people come and kill a single bee and I'm left crying because I can't get they honey. Why is there only one bee????? There should be 200. I'm about ready to leave and not come back till after the 4th. This better not happen every day. Can I choose my quests after the first time? Otherwise I won't be doing it. Halloween was so fun. This is beyond frustrating.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Halloween was a great event. I have to wonder if the same people who designed it designed this nightmare.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not doing the festival . I'm using the XP buff and just going for cp until this gets sorted . No point getting frustrated over a video game that's suppose to be fun .
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno You also need to put a LOT more wolves on Betnikh,

I don't find the wolves as much of a problem as the wasps. Dozens of people were actually camping spots where wasps would spawn because they were always all dead. And then of course they would get killed so fast that only a couple of people got credit. Very, very poor idea to give a drop quest requiring creatures with a slow respawn rate when hundreds of players will be attempting it.

And don't get me started on the fishing.... those fishing holes need to last longer. (Though honestly the wasp situation bugs me more)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno You also need to put a LOT more wolves on Betnikh,

I don't find the wolves as much of a problem as the wasps. Dozens of people were actually camping spots where wasps would spawn because they were always all dead. And then of course they would get killed so fast that only a couple of people got credit. Very, very poor idea to give a drop quest requiring creatures with a slow respawn rate when hundreds of players will be attempting it.

And don't get me started on the fishing.... those fishing holes need to last longer. (Though honestly the wasp situation bugs me more)

Agreed! Actually now that I have the dye achievement on my main I'm skippin the Betnikh and Argonian quests on my alts and just doing the rest. Those 2 are just wayyyyy too annoying!

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One minor annoyance for me is that you have to do some of the objectives in a particular order--I went to dance in the tavern by the docks in Davon's Watch first, not realizing it wasn't the one listed, and then had to backtrack to dance there again after hitting the right one. I don't see why the order should be set in stone like that.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RGD wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused by the write up. Does anyone know whether you'll have to go back to Windhelm every two hours to reup the XP potion, or will we have a consumable memento version we can use anywhere as in the previous xp events (witch whistle, jubilee cake)?

I'm wondering this as well. I'm glad that the fact of Double XP has been noted in the announcements, but I wish there was more info on if you can re-use the mead from the keg to reup experience again, exactly like the Witchmother's Brew. Hopefully that's the case. I wouldn't be too concerned even if I did have to keep going back to Windhelp to reup. Rather that than no repeatable XP bonus at all.

You'll need to drink from the keg in Windhelm every two hours for the double XP buff.

It's pretty annoying that the XP buff does not last through death.. is that "working as intended"? :(
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, the Sun's Dusk Winter Hood from the Crown Store can't be dyed.
  • Goddess_Althena
    Goddess_Althena
    ✭✭✭
    I've encountered an issue where Breda's Mead xp bonus appears to stop working. Was using it to level and had popped a psijic ambrosia as well. Did not die and started getting much less xp for the same pulls. Looked at the character buff screen and saw that the Breda's Mead xp bonus was still counting down but did not have the words "100% boost to all experience points" below the timer. Went back to reapply and it still looked the same. It wasn't until I removed the bonus and then drank from the keg that the bonus showed up with the proper experience wording. So could the bonus be glitched so that drinking again before it is removed or runs out on its own resets the timer but not the actual bonus? Or was it the stack with the ambrosia? Or something else? Was very disappointed to have essentially wasted a potion.
    Edited by Goddess_Althena on December 16, 2016 6:02AM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We would have thought YOU GUYS would have thought of that and worked out ways to minimize the impact. I thought that was the point of having the questgiver for the halloween event come to YOU. Everyone complained about how bad it was trying to get the quest from the NPC "baker" during cake week and I thought changing the way the quest giver worked was in response to that lesson. PLEASE never do an event like this again where you don't design the event to handle the load of players you KNOW are going to be trying to do it and where you have an NPC in ONE location everyone has to keep returning to.

I'm REALLY disappointed in this.

This. I cannot agree with this post strongly enough.Every word.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was there when it opened this morning, and the lesson I've learned is: Port into a wayshrine some distance away and ride in. You do not want to wait for that wayshrine near the questgiver to either find you an instance, log you out, or leave you unable to log in at all for days or weeks until support can move you.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable. I THOUGHT ZOS had learned from the debacle of the placement of the questgiver for the Cake week. So for Halloween they had the questgiver come to you wherever you were and it worked perfectly. So WHY did they go back to a questgiver in a single location? I still can't even get the quest because I can't get the questgiver to show up through all the other players, many of whom are spamming loud and flashy spells just to make it harder. REALLY ZENI WHY DID YOU DO THIS?????????????????

Maybe they are doing some server stress tests also?

• Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    PC - Intl
    Quest giver is now spamming their one liners, guessing it either seriously broken or am out of daily quests...
    Note: No warning of a quest limit with it either.
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    No issues here. all 9 quests worked like a charm. Fishing was a disaster though as it took about 20 minutes to get all three items. Now I got a very nice looking Fur Hood and tonight I'll do all quests again to get the towel.

Anyone has any pictures of the costumes, I'm wondering how the other hat looks and how the towel looks.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC - Intl
    Quest giver is now spamming their one liners, guessing it either seriously broken or am out of daily quests...
    Note: No warning of a quest limit with it either.
    I believe there is a cap of 50 dailies per character per day (applies to all dailies).
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

New hypothesis: ZOS has purposely created a choke-point within the game where large numbers of players will always be present in order to collect data that will lead to a solution for finally fixing the lag in PVP!

Or not.
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »

New hypothesis: ZOS has purposely created a choke-point within the game where large numbers of players will always be present in order to collect data that will lead to a solution for finally fixing the lag in PVP!

Or not.

Or, ya know, incompetence
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • PsychoROFLit
    PsychoROFLit
    ✭✭✭
    fix this buff, its not work, i dont want go to Brena for new buff when i die (in dungeons and grind), what the hell ZOS? Why you realize this buff like that, not like Witches Festival? looks like a trash
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nowhere near enough bees. Since Betnikh is a starter isle they have far fewer spawns to help new players. They need to increase bee spawn dramatically or lower player counts to make more instances.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the event just don't love all the issues with it