Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK bugged as hell

Domardal
Domardal
✭✭✭
Hello Guys,

I'm a member of WellFitted, an EU PvE Progress Guild. While raiding and testing stuff we realized a few bugs that make it basically impossible/ not worth it to take more than 1 MagDK in for a competitive trial run, as some skills are insanely bugged.
I am aware that this post actually should be posted in the Bug-Section, but i want a broad audience to it, which is why I decided to post it here.
Also the most whining classes always get fixes/buffs :3

First, there is Burning Embers. The skill is the classes most powerful DoT. Problem is, that with 2 MagDKs in the group, you have 2 casting it. Therefore the DoT the first MagDK casted gets overwritten by the DoT the second one applies, which leads to a huge personal dps loss, as the DoT of the first MagDK no longer does any damage even tough its being monitored by AddOns like Srendarr.

The second Problem is a Second Class DoT, Engulfing Flames, not the most powerful DoT itself but it buffs the whole (mag) groups dps because everyone uses some kind of flame damage. Problem tough, with a second MagDK in the Raid, the 10% are lost, as him also casting Engulfing overwrites the Debuff, which is logical, but doesn't reapply it, which is why all mag classes do less dmg the second there are several MagDKs.
That's the big Problem. Balancing didn't work out, the Meta shifted from Stamina to Magicka builds, but Magicka Builds are bugged.

The third Problem is that sometimes while medium weaving you get stuck in the animation and can't use any skills/ let go of the staff attack.

The fourth Problem is well known and now exists for more than 1 year, the Major Prophecy bug that takes away your buff. Great work there, really.

Fifth is a visual Bug, also regarding Major Prophecy, this time the one you get by Flames of Oblivion, it stacks up in the UI, at least it doesn't stack up for real.

Please fix that stuff in your balancing Patch in January.
We realize that the Progress Community is slowly but surely dying, also because of stuff like this.

Yours sincerely

Coco

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Finn @Wrobel
Hodor
Co-Owner of Golden Goose
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Pierce armor overriding Elemental drain, making Mag DK's magicka sustain even harder than it already is!
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Pierce armor overriding Elemental drain, making Mag DK's magicka sustain even harder than it already is!

Wait. What? I hadn't noticed this.
    Edited by Shad0wfire99 on December 9, 2016 8:57AM

XBox NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are all really annoying bugs. Very surprised they're all still around.

I thought the Burning Embers bug was fixed though :/
    Edited by Vaoh on December 9, 2016 9:01AM
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    These are all really annoying bugs. Very surprised they're all still around.

I thought the Burning Embers bug was fixed though :/

They fixed an issue with venomous claw stacking a while ago. This burning embers bug however has been left by the wayside without even an acknowledgement yet. The weaving problem is really annoying it's like the animation priorities get messed up, i cast a spell then go for the medium weave and nothing happens so i cast another spell and i get stuck in a charged heavy then all of a sudden all my attacks go off at once like in fengrushes macro slice vid.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    A related bug is that propelling shield (siege shield morph) does not effect DK chains... Figured it out a while back when it was hip to use them on the twins; but they stopped working with the dark brotherhood update. A quick check confirmed that this still hasn't been fixed
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From ZOS: we know about this bugs so we did some fixes:
    -Stonefist now deals more penetration dmg to female toons:>
    Ty;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Make magDK great again!
    Please don't, i'm only started to play mDK and don't want to become part of meta players
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pierce Armor does not overwrite elemental drain. That is a pyrely visual bug, we tested this and the magicka return is still there...
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well maybe that explains why my dps is so inconsistent. I have over 5k spell damage, been wondering whats up.
    Edited by Armitas on December 9, 2016 3:17PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domardal wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I'm a member of WellFitted, an EU PvE Progress Guild. While raiding and testing stuff we realized a few bugs that make it basically impossible/ not worth it to take more than 1 MagDK in for a competitive trial run, as some skills are insanely bugged.
    I am aware that this post actually should be posted in the Bug-Section, but i want a broad audience to it, which is why I decided to post it here.

First, there is Burning Embers. The skill is the classes most powerful DoT. Problem is, that with 2 MagDKs in the group, you have 2 casting it. Therefore the DoT the first MagDK casted gets overwritten by the DoT the second one applies, which leads to a huge personal dps loss, as the DoT of the first MagDK no longer does any damage even tough its being monitored by AddOns like Srendarr.

The second Problem is a Second Class DoT, Engulfing Flames, not the most powerful DoT itself but it buffs the whole (mag) groups dps because everyone uses some kind of flame damage. Problem tough, with a second MagDK in the Raid, the 10% are lost, as him also casting Engulfing overwrites the Debuff, which is logical, but doesn't reapply it, which is why all mag classes do less dmg the second there are several MagDKs.
    That's the big Problem. Balancing didn't work out, the Meta shifted from Stamina to Magicka builds, but Magicka Builds are bugged.

The third Problem is that sometimes while medium weaving you get stuck in the animation and can't use any skills/ let go of the staff attack.

The fourth Problem is well known and now exists for more than 1 year, the Major Prophecy bug that takes away your buff. Great work there, really.

Fifth is a visual Bug, also regarding Major Prophecy, this time the one you get by Flames of Oblivion, it stacks up in the UI, at least it doesn't stack up for real.

We realize that the Progress Community is slowly but surely dying, also because of stuff like this.

Yours sincerely

Coco

Also the inner light/FoO bug, which occurs if you gave inner light to the left if FoO on your bar. You lose the magicka binus Inner light provides.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This explains a LOT. I just started doing pledges with my mag DK recently and noticed my DPS being a lot lower if another mag DK was in the group...Now I know why. Unrelenting Grip is pretty buggy too. It won't let you pull some enemies to you, saying "Too high or too low" even though they are on the same level as you, yet I can pull mobs off of structures and such.
    Make magDK great again!
    Please don't, i'm only started to play mDK and don't want to become part of meta players

Mag DK is actually getting buffed in Update 13.

Pierce Armor does not overwrite elemental drain. That is a pyrely visual bug, we tested this and the magicka return is still there...

Is the magicka it gives back supposed to show up on combat text like other forms of magicka return?
    Edited by bottleofsyrup on December 9, 2016 3:06PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!

Loads are starting to play it again in anticipation of the incoming buffs.
    Won't work out to be a special snowflake buddy.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This explains a LOT. I just started doing pledges with my mag DK recently and noticed my DPS being a lot lower if another mag DK was in the group...Now I know why. Unrelenting Grip is pretty buggy too. It won't let you pull some enemies to you, saying "Too high or too low" even though they are on the same level as you, yet I can pull mobs off of structures and such.
    Make magDK great again!

Is the magicka it gives back supposed to show up on combat text like other forms of magicka return?

If you have combat metrics you can take a look at magicka return in one of the windows it offers you to see exactly when and how magicka is restored l.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!

Didn't seen any announcements with such info, can you share?

• bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!

If you have combat metrics you can take a look at magicka return in one of the windows it offers you to see exactly when and how magicka is restored l.

Sweet, thanks. Just tried it on a wasp. Would this be under Healing>Drain/s?
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!

Wrobel mentioned it in the Reddit AMA.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!

All we know so far here
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • hedna123b14_ESO
    hedna123b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!

Sweet, thanks. Just tried it on a wasp. Would this be under Healing>Drain/s?

I think so, id have to log in to make sure, but there are several windows there where you can see damage, healing and overall effects...really useful:)
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!

I think it was said in the ESO Tavern in Cologne, the video is on @Woeler YouTube

Don't judge me if it's wrong tough ;)
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    But tbh, almost every class needs a big rework by ZOS, most needy are dk and nb tough...
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue
    A guildmember tested the magicka return bug, seems to works fine, fortunately :smiley:
    Edited by Domardal on December 9, 2016 6:36PM
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make magDK great again!

Wrobel mentioned it in the Reddit AMA.
    oh...
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's fine, with crown crates in the game they will finally have enough money to hire more than 1 person to fix the bugs in this game.
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    From ZOS: we know about this bugs so we did some fixes:
    -Stonefist now deals more penetration dmg to female toons:>
    Ty;)

Amazing
    Buff Soft Caps
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When played properly, Mag DK is the ultimate class in the game in PVE imo.

Very well balanced, can survive well, does great damage (single target and aoe) BUT is missing the execute that EVERY other set up has.

My main is Mag DK and havent experienced any of thoes bugs which is quite strange. I am on ps4 though so it might be different.

Mag DKs need a little bit more love but I dont think as much as the forum makes out. I personally think just an execute and we're more than fine.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When played properly, Mag DK is the ultimate class in the game in PVE imo.

Very well balanced, can survive well, does great damage (single target and aoe) BUT is missing the execute that EVERY other set up has.

My main is Mag DK and havent experienced any of thoes bugs which is quite strange. I am on ps4 though so it might be different.

Mag DKs need a little bit more love but I dont think as much as the forum makes out. I personally think just an execute and we're more than fine.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Guys,

Yours sincerely

Coco

I've noticed this, too. It doens't seem to be consistent, which is in line with all of the bugs we report, but it's still really annoying. @ZOS_GinaBruno please fix!
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue
    A guildmember tested the magicka return bug, seems to works fine, fortunately :smiley:

Have two separate people apply the debuffs and see if it still works.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Another annoying bug that needs fixing concerns the destro ultimate: when I activate elemental rage, I can't set down any ground aoes until I swapped bars. You can see it here at 21:30 in the video:

https://youtu.be/FjQPiA5XENk

It's not a death sentence in vma, but very annoying as it prevents me for example to use the synergy on stage 6 in vma to clear the pillars.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA