Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cannot log out to character select screen since update!

Ilawynde
Ilawynde
✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

My char goes through the usual 9 second countdown but just sits there when it reaches zero.
Having to restart console on each logout attempt to change characters!

Please look into!

NA Server XBOXONE

GT Ilawynde

• xXMichonneXx
    xXMichonneXx
    ✭✭✭
    Me too
    XBoxOne NA
    910 CP
    50 Imperial Stamblade DC
    50 Argonian Templar Healer DC
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc DC
    50 Imperial Stam Templar DC
    50 Dunmer Mag DK DC
    50 Imperial Stam Sorc DC
    50 Nord Stam DK Tank DC
    50 Redguard Stam DK DPS DC
    50 Altmer Mag Templar DPS DC
    50 Imperial Stam Warden DC
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This just happened to me as well, XB1 NA.
  • Poss
    Poss
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same and every time I try log back in it says character already in use or something
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks guys. We're working on a fix for this, but in the meantime you'll need to force quit the game from the dashboard, then log back in to reach the Character Select screen.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • Ozstryker
    Ozstryker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happens to me occasionally on PC EU, Happens when I am useing a controller, logging out useing m+k works fine...
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Really looking forward to force quitting/restarting the game 10 times a day on PS4 (starting tomorrow) while I cycle through characters to do banking, writs, hirelings. Hopefully it'll last a full month till we get the next console patch.
  • nexxus_ESO
    nexxus_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Logging out to character screen seems to work if you go to a town that doesn't have the 10 second timer, so you might try that until it's fixed. (Still a huge pain in the rump though...)
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »
    Logging out to character screen seems to work if you go to a town that doesn't have the 10 second timer, so you might try that until it's fixed. (Still a huge pain in the rump though...)

I know this has nothing to do with the problem, but it has always been odd to me that some of the places have this and some dont. When i use to have a bunch of horses to feed, id always park the toons i wasnt playing much next to a horse trainer with no timer.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot log out either. Tired a hard reset....got back in...same results

Something is wrong with this update.
    Ticket# 161129-001387

Edit:
    So do u all even test stuff. Work around is to quit the game app????!!!???
    You do realize we get the your account is already logged in issue and then have to further wait @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on November 29, 2016 6:09PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • borgking
    borgking
    ✭✭✭
    funny how the updates are always meant to improve the game and yet....ALWAYS creates other problems
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a f..... bad joke ZOS. What's wrong with the developers. If you can't check your Patches, give us an Testserver for the consoles. Are we worse than the PC customers? Are you kidding us?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to the log out issues, the game keeps kicking me saying I'm not on Xbox live (old issue from One Tamriel)
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod
    Does anyone know of a "safe area" where the countdown doesn't happen in belkarth/craglorn? I have several toons parked there for writs and can't find one.
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been sporadic for me. Sometimes I'm able to log out normally and others I'm not. It doesn't seem to be related to any specific location.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just type /logout until it's fixed.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod
    DPShiro wrote: »

Still gives the counter.

There's definitely certain spots that never give me the counter. IE: standing in front of the woodworker in Shornhelm. However standing next to the Shornhelm wayshrine gives the counter...go figure.
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't helps for me. The 10 Seconds counts down and then nothing happens.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaloGod wrote: »

Still gives the counter.

There's definitely certain spots that never give me the counter. IE: standing in front of the woodworker in Shornhelm. However standing next to the Shornhelm wayshrine gives the counter...go figure.

The counter isn't a bug tho.

It works if you just open the chat log and type /logout
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem today on PS4, after I used a wayshrine to travel to a different location I could log out.
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm /logout works even with the countdown on console.
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • HaloGod
    HaloGod

Still gives the counter.

I stand corrected as I didn't let the countdown actually go to zero. This works for me. Thanks DPShiro.
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nexxus_ESO wrote: »

I know this has nothing to do with the problem, but it has always been odd to me that some of the places have this and some dont. When i use to have a bunch of horses to feed, id always park the toons i wasnt playing much next to a horse trainer with no timer.

Yeah Belkarth for instance - think it's time to give this town a proper city status.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's happening to me on ps4 as well. It'll do the logging out count down and then nothing. Did they even bother to test this?
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • worsttankever
    worsttankever
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know of a "safe area" where the countdown doesn't happen in belkarth/craglorn? I have several toons parked there for writs and can't find one.

Davon's Watch worked for me.
    Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Another alternative that will allow you to instantly log out is if you visit a city like Elden Root, Mournhold, Daggerfall, etc. We are continuing to work on fixing this issue, also.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • CREEP
    CREEP
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry but this is finally a bug that effects the way I play ESO significantly. A fix as is so often said, "coming in a future update" is not going to cut it for me. ESO Plus is set to renew on the 13th. You have until then to get it fixed.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭

Still gives the counter.

I stand corrected as I didn't let the countdown actually go to zero. This works for me. Thanks DPShiro.

Doesn't work for me. The counter still gets stuck at 0.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    When this happens I zone out then logout, usually works
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    CREEP wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this is finally a bug that effects the way I play ESO significantly. A fix as is so often said, "coming in a future update" is not going to cut it for me. ESO Plus is set to renew on the 13th. You have until then to get it fixed.

It's a big deal for me too. Swapping in and out of characters just became a longer chore.