The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade PvP

deepseamk20b14_ESO
deepseamk20b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been a few months since I last played, was over seas awhile. I want to get back to playing PvP with my NB and I have been looking at some stuff over at Tamriel Foundry for ideas. I read the recent sets of patch notes but that really only says so much when it comes to the actual game. My main was a Stamblade, so....what's up with the class now in terms of actual game play? Any new "exciting" builds out there? Or is it much of the same meta? From other posts it seems magicka is still not nearely as good as stam (though that could be just player skill related, IDK). I'm sure the same skills are popular, but what about armor and stuff?
Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical nightblade in PvP now is wearing widowmaker, veli or selene and viper.

These sets allow you to hide like a girl and then one hit just about anyone, then scurry off.

All joking aside, the time of the gankblade is real, farm some stackable proc sets and kill the zerg.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm, ganking at times can be fun but never was really my thing. To many hate tells when I do it and i get more satisfaction from killing people when it's on even terms. Thanks though, I'll remember to look at all the new sets.
  • Kharapuce
    Kharapuce
    ✭✭
    If you are not interessed in playing some proc/gank build. There is my actual build : https://youtu.be/YGCOgp_ZHhE

Or if you want to go Dw aswell, there is Trainee, Bone Pirate or Automaton that are pretty good aswell :smile:

PC - EU - AD

RUN I TRIGGERED THEM Baguette'Blade - Nightblade - Wood Elf - AvA 49 - Grand Overlord (reached 12/15/16 /played 100days)
    Kharapuce - Dragonknight - Dark Elf - AvA 25
    Streak I Triggered Them - Sorc - High Elf - AvA 19
    Run I'm Triggered - Nb - Breton - AvA Rofl
    AFK Brain Mod - Dk -Dark Elf - AvA Rofl
    PIC PIC IN DA FACE Templar - Redguard - AvA 17
    Polishing-Your-Spears Templar - Argonian - AvA Rofl
    Bury Me I Triggered Them Got Ftom'd - Aka ***'te Slave - Sorc - Redguard - AvA Rofl
    PC - EU - EP

Khara The Baguette Slayer Nb EP - Dark Elf - AvA Rofl
    PC - EU - DC

Got Rekt Nb - Wood Elf - AvA Rofl
    Baguette Whipping Ass Dk - Dark Elf - AvA Roooofl

Zerg Squad

AWAWAWAWAR

#goblin4life
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka is more powerful than stamina currently, and the stamblade's only niche in this game is ganking. Other than that every other class can either match it or surpass it in damage, except have much better survivability along with the damage.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka is more powerful than stamina currently, and the stamblade's only niche in this game is ganking. Other than that every other class can either match it or surpass it in damage, except have much better survivability along with the damage.

that sounds depressing. Though I can't be to surprised if this is the case, stamblades were shining for a long time there. Not gonna lie, the majority of my time playing this game I was a mage blade. I only switched to stamblade because the reasons to were too obvious.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far here are the sets I'm looking at:

Spriggan
    Black Rose
    Vice Cannon
    Senche
    Velidreth
    Viper
    Tremor
    Red Mountain

Obviously there are 3 in particular that are the apparent meta (I've learned) but honestly the set is something I played with before tremor was even a thing. It was not to shabby though I can clearly see why adding tremorscale makes the build so ridiculous.

As far as the other sets I listed I can see a few combinations that would be great (in theory). Again, not for just ganking but actual 1vX or 1v1 (not ganking). What do you all think would be some good combos with the above armor?

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, Roshin... Don't take his opinion for granted. Not provoking an argument here, just saying he is very... set on his view.

If you don't wanna gank, go Viper/Veli/Black Rose. That's all.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 1vX stamina NB build uses Trainee (3x jewelery, 2x armor - no weapons because of losing HP on swap), then basically any of the 5piece sets you named in medium (3 armor 2 weapons), personally I alternate Spriggan and Viper, and a 2-piece monster set. 1h/shield in your second 5-set, and a Maelstrom 2her for buffbar, stamina + mag regen DRINKS - yes drink, and lingering health potions. The magicka sustain alone is essential to using your fears, rebuffing, and cloaking when needed. You absolutely must learn to block at the right times.

Everything I run into in Cyrodiil is extremely hard to take down without a proc monster set to help with burst. Most have 25-30k HP and can heal to full in a few seconds. Velidreth or Selene's is simply the only way that I can consistently get these targets down if they are good players who know how to sustain their resources. Some of the magicka builds you can stamina *** by using fear on cooldown with rearming trap, and those can be bursted without a proc set when they don't break a fear. Keeping in mind that all the while more enemies can show up, they need to die faster than that.

Now this build works, and I have really good success in general building like this. However I think other classes do the 1vX thing better in general. Where NB really shines is ganking, and very short engagements that don't last past your Clever Alchemist uptime. I'm content to keep my stamNB as a gank machine, and use my magblade for 1vX.
    Edited by Kutsuu on November 27, 2016 4:34PM
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    My 1vX stamina NB build uses Trainee (3x jewelery, 2x armor - no weapons because of losing HP on swap), then basically any of the 5piece sets you named in medium (3 armor 2 weapons), personally I alternate Spriggan and Viper, and a 2-piece monster set. 1h/shield in your second 5-set, and a Maelstrom 2her for buffbar, stamina + mag regen DRINKS - yes drink, and lingering health potions. The magicka sustain alone is essential to using your fears, rebuffing, and cloaking when needed. You absolutely must learn to block at the right times.

Everything I run into in Cyrodiil is extremely hard to take down without a proc monster set to help with burst. Most have 25-30k HP and can heal to full in a few seconds. Velidreth or Selene's is simply the only way that I can consistently get these targets down if they are good players who know how to sustain their resources. Some of the magicka builds you can stamina *** by using fear on cooldown with rearming trap, and those can be bursted without a proc set when they don't break a fear. Keeping in mind that all the while more enemies can show up, they need to die faster than that.

Now this build works, and I have really good success in general building like this. However I think other classes do the 1vX thing better in general. Where NB really shines is ganking, and very short engagements that don't last past your Clever Alchemist uptime. I'm content to keep my stamNB as a gank machine, and use my magblade for 1vX.

Does mage blade have enough burst to take down anyone these days? I know a couple of patches ago the only way a mage blade could do burst was the vicous death soul tether proxy details build. I recently looked at a few builds that used spinners and necropotence and it seemed great in theory, survivability seemed decent but can they produce damage close to the other classes currently?
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does mage blade have enough burst to take down anyone these days? I know a couple of patches ago the only way a mage blade could do burst was the vicous death soul tether proxy details build. I recently looked at a few builds that used spinners and necropotence and it seemed great in theory, survivability seemed decent but can they produce damage close to the other classes currently?

No.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »

No.

This is also sad news lol.
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

With good timing on your ultimate and Assassin's will, yes. There are some builds you just won't kill, and who won't kill you. There are other builds that will hard counter you (tanky mag DK against a destro/resto vamp NB comes to mind). This really should be an expected dynamic. The notion that you should be able to kill absolutely anyone couldn't have originated in MMOs because I haven't played one where that's true (that I can remember). In DAOC, my assassin couldn't mess with entire archetypes but could dominate others. In AoC, my assassin couldn't mess with a tanky PoM or Bear Shaman, but would wreck glass cannons. MMOs always seem to have checks and balances, and being able to pick your targets is part of being successful in PVP.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB