The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possibilities for a second tier subscription.

Mercutio
Mercutio
✭✭✭✭
I realize this is going to be controversial. But I still hope it's an idea I hope the devs will consider.

A 'Premium +' level sub, maybe for $25 a month, could include these QoL enhancements:
  • XP Bonus of 50%, stackable with the scrolls.
  • Ability to start a new character already at level 10 with Mages, Fighters and Undaunted Guild unlocked. You would also be able to skip the Main Story quests up to that level.
  • A free monthly item, purely cosmetic, that won't be in the main Crown Store for 3 months.

I would pay $25, maybe $30 a month for that. I think some others might as well.

Thanks for your consideration, I hope everyone is having a nice day.
The problem with arguing with a jackass is that they never stop braying.
#DwemerLife
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought I could edit but can't seem to find the function.

Anyhow, also 2500 Crowns monthly instead of 1500.
    #DwemerLife
  • D3x
    D3x
    ✭✭
    no!
  • D3x
    D3x
    ✭✭
    10% gain isn't that much so its fine, but if they make it 50% gain, that makes it so significant! and will just make it all Pay to win.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is very likely or that there will be much demand for it, but with that said I would be happy if it were an option.

As long as they avoid pay-to-win (and ZOS have been pretty good at this so far) then I don't mind players putting more money into a game I want to see developed.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • craftycarper73
    craftycarper73
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this isnt destiny, so no.
    Born, Bred & Made in Manchester UK, RIP 22 Angels. 22/05/2017

PC-EU

The Place by Tony Walsh Please Read
    This is the place in the North West of England

It’s ace, it’s the best and the songs that we sing

From the stands, from our bands set the whole planet shaking

Our inventions are legends! There’s nowt we can’t make and

So we make brilliant music. We make brilliant bands

We make goals that make souls leap from seats in the stands

And we make things from steel and we make things from cotton

And we make people laugh, take the mick summat rotten

And we make you at home and we make you feel welcome

And we make summat happen, we can’t seem to help it

And if you’re looking for history then yes, we’ve a wealth

But the Manchester way is to make it yourself

And make us a record, a new number one

And make us a brew while you’re up, love. Go on!

And make us feel proud that you’re winning the league

And make us sing louder and make us believe it

that this is the place that has helped shape the world

And that this the place where a Manchester girl

Name of Emmeline Pankhurst from the streets of Moss Side

Led a Suffragette City with sisterhood pride

And this is the place with appliance of science

We’re on it, atomic, we strut with defiance

In the face of a challenge we always stand tall

Mancunians in union delivered it all

Such as housing and libraries, and health, education

And unions and co-ops, the first railway station

So we’re sorry! Bear with us! We invented commuters!

But we hope you forgive us – we invented computers!

And this is the place Henry Royce strolled with Rolls

And we’ve rocked and we’ve rolled with our own Northern Soul

And so this is the place to do business, then dance

Where go-getters and goal setters know they’ve a chance

And this is the place where we first played as kids

And me Mam lived and died here, she loved it she did

And this is the place where our folks came to work

Where they struggled in puddles, they hurt in the dirt

And they built us a city. They built us these towns

And they coughed on the cobbles to the deafening sound

Of the steaming machines and the screaming of slaves

They were scheming for greatness, they dreamed to their graves

And they left us a spirit, they left us a vibe

The Mancunian Way to survive and to thrive

And to work and to build, to connect and create and

Greater Manchester’s greatness is keeping it great

And so this is the place now we’ve kids of our own

Some are born here, some drawn here but we all call it home

And they’ve covered the cobbles, but they’ll never defeat

All the dreamers and schemers who still teem through these streets

Because this is a place that has been through some hard times

Oppressions, recessions, depressions and dark times

But we keep fighting back with Greater Manchester spirit

Northern grit, northern wit in Greater Manchester’s lyrics

And there’s hard times again in these streets of our city

But we won’t take defeat and we don’t want your pity

Because this a place where we stand strong together

With a smile on our face, Mancunians Forever

And we’ve got this* as the place where a team with a dream (*Forever Manchester)

Can get funding and something to help with their scheme

Because this is the place that understands your grand plans

We don’t do No Can Do, we just stress Yes We Can!

Forever Manchester’s a charity for people round ‘ere

You can fundraise, donate. You can be a volunteer

You can live local, give local. We can honestly say

We do charity differently, that Mancunian Way

And we fund local kids, and we fund local teams

We support local dreamers to work for their dreams

We support local groups and the great work they do

So can you …help us help… local people like you?

Because this is the place in our hearts, in our homes

Because this is the place that’s a part of our bones

‘Cos Greater Manchester gives us such strength from the fact

That this is the place. We should give something back.

Always remember. Never forget. Forever Manchester.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like this idea. If you want to have a Level 10 character, or have certain Guild lines unlocked, you need to put in the effort to earn them.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I knew this wouldn't be a popular idea here on the forums, but I would love to see Zeni conduct a poll at the start up screen to see if there would be a market for this.

In my opinion, the current XP scrolls, and the ones rumored to be in the upcoming Loot Crates, have already laid the ground for the XP bonus. Not that I don't understand the complaint that this would be 'pay to win'. But I see it as far more beneficial to the PvE side of the game than the PvP.

The reasoning behind being able to start at level 10 is so that those who wish to engage in PvP can do so right out of the box. In addition, speaking for myself here, if I never have to do that initial walk-through with the Prophet again I'd be very glad. It's not like it takes skill to get to level 10, just time. I'd rather spend that time enjoying the game than completing the early-game checklist (although all 12 of my characters have now done it).
    #DwemerLife
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    D3x wrote: »
    10% gain isn't that much so its fine, but if they make it 50% gain, that makes it so significant! and will just make it all Pay to win.

Out of interest, do you also consider the 50% XP scrolls pay to win? And since that already exists, why is providing a separate paid-for 50% XP boost a problem? Just to clarify I'm asking with zero hostility, 100% curiosity. I have no horse in this race since I'd never pay $25 a month for an MMO.
    Edited by Darkstorne on November 22, 2016 7:48AM
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »

Out of interest, do you also consider the 50% XP scrolls pay to win? And since that already exists, why is providing a separate paid-for 50% XP boost a problem? Just to clarify I'm asking with zero hostility, 100% curiosity. I have no horse in this race since I'd never pay $25 a month for an MMO.

That's the thing: I am always running on an XP Scroll. I think I have 40 or so on characters and in the bank. So if XP bonuses are a Pay to Win feature, and I can understand the argument that they are even though I disagree with it, it's already being done.
    #DwemerLife
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    In addition, speaking for myself here, if I never have to do that initial walk-through with the Prophet again I'd be very glad.
    For the record, I would have no issue at all with them putting in a Skip option for that darn Harborage quest. Unlike earning the XP to reach Level 10, or earning the Reputation to unlock Guild skills, the Harborage quest requires no effort whatsoever.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is the main quest even important? I've never even started it on any character I've played. Pretty sure that's just a reflex reaction from playing TES games so much, but it works well here too :tongue:
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the main quest even important? I've never even started it on any character I've played. Pretty sure that's just a reflex reaction from playing TES games so much, but it works well here too :tongue:
    Back in the day, you had to complete the main quest before moving on the the territories of the other alliances, but since that's no longer the case, no, it's not particularly important. It does level up your Soul Magic though, and each quest gives you a skill point.
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio
    ✭✭✭✭

Like @Enodoc says, not really. I actually enjoy most of them though. The ones where it's just talking, not so much. I would be pleased if, after completing the story quests once, you could just skip through them. I appreciate all the work and artistry put into the story quests, but I've heard them all a hundred times now.

#DwemerLife
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercutio wrote: »
    I realize this is going to be controversial. But I still hope it's an idea I hope the devs will consider.

A 'Premium +' level sub, maybe for $25 a month, could include these QoL enhancements:
    • XP Bonus of 50%, stackable with the scrolls.
    • Ability to start a new character already at level 10 with Mages, Fighters and Undaunted Guild unlocked. You would also be able to skip the Main Story quests up to that level.
    • A free monthly item, purely cosmetic, that won't be in the main Crown Store for 3 months.

I would pay $25, maybe $30 a month for that. I think some others might as well.

Thanks for your consideration, I hope everyone is having a nice day.

they cant provide a working PVP experience now so screw paying more for the same ***
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • UntrustedExistenz
    UntrustedExistenz
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like it becouse it's another, small step to P2W. What will be next. Premium Ultra +++ account with instant max lvl? :open_mouth:
    <PC EU>
    Press "F" to pay respect to our fallen megalulserver.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't like it becouse it's another, small step to P2W. What will be next. Premium Ultra +++ account with instant max lvl? :open_mouth:

I wouldn't be surprised. WoW has been offering paid character boosts for over a year now at $60 a pop. ZOS have probably discussed level 50 boosts, letting players start a new character at CP10 for example.
  • D3x
    D3x
    ✭✭

True while buying crown xp scrolls are sorta pay to win in a way but it is still not that good, there are many down sides of it. Like it's a 1 time use sorta thing, but if a subscription could give you that gain for 31 days! That makes a significant difference.
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could see a cheaper subscription of say $5 a month with less benefits, but not a more expensive one with huge benefits. The cheapo subscription gives you access to the crafting bags, and possibly the expansion pack content but no crowns per month and no exp boost. Or maybe you get 500 crowns a month but no expansion content.