Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unlink Steam account?

SuperStarPL
SuperStarPL
✭✭
Is there a way to unlink Steam account from ESO account? I was trying to ask support, but it's a miracle if you get a reply from them. Seriously, ZOS treat your clients better.
  • Ringsel
    Ringsel
    ✭✭
    They are useless
    they will keep sugarcoating their words because they know they cant fix it
    i have to link it to another account and buy a new client to play

they are thieves
    First EP Stamblade Emperor in more than 1 year @ No-CP, and First and Only Emperor in the first campaign of Sotha Sil.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need assistance with your Steam link you will need to stay in contact with customer support. Moderators cannot assist with an account issue from the forums. Support has access to your account information and can handle account-sensitive information. If you have not received a reply please leave your ticket number here. We can at least make sure that the ticket is with the proper team.

Keep in mind that because this is an issue with a link between a separate service it may take some time to resolve.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • SuperStarPL
    SuperStarPL
    ✭✭
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »
    If you need assistance with your Steam link you will need to stay in contact with customer support. Moderators cannot assist with an account issue from the forums. Support has access to your account information and can handle account-sensitive information. If you have not received a reply please leave your ticket number here. We can at least make sure that the ticket is with the proper team.

Keep in mind that because this is an issue with a link between a separate service it may take some time to resolve.

Finally someone in the support team replied and promised a forwarding of my ticket to "specialized team". I hope that soon I will be able to play the game again. Thank you @ZOS_CoriJ for response. I will respond with the information how is it going.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would you need the account to be unlinked from steam (redeeming game codes from third parties?)

I have the game with steam and I don't have steam installed at the moment. Just download the game from from the site and play without steam.
  • YaoiSenpai
    YaoiSenpai
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same problem and i did a thing in the help support thing and I got no reply. I don't want to sound impatient but I don't want to wait too long to play the game
  • SuperStarPL
    SuperStarPL
    ✭✭
    Guess what: After 20 days, I was responded! The fact is: I decided to not play with support and I made a new Steam and ESO account. In screenshots you can see the time that passed. Also I added my last response, and I still say: @ZOS - you have the worst customer support I have ever met. Finally, I never resolved this problem, but made my own workaround.
  • mac.armstrong7b16_ESO
    mac.armstrong7b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I too am having trouble with this. I bought ESO while it was on sale on Steam, and unfortunately forgot the answer to my security question to access a password reminder. My original account was created back during the Beta testing, and I never played much more than a few hours cause my last computer couldn't handle it.

Because I was a little impatient, I created this account and allowed this ESO account to link with my steam purchase, unfortunately assuming that they could be unlinked after I retrieved my original account info. Its now been almost a month I think (at least 3 and a half weeks) since I started requesting to have this ESO account unlinked from my Steam account. All I ever get is a message saying that my issue has been escalated to a team that deals with that situation, and that they'd notify me further. They never do. I've sent two separate requests, both go unanswered, and the biggest kicker is that the message I received that says my situation has been forwarded on always says my situation as been "solved" and closes out my ticket. Last time around I attempted to reply to these feedback emails, which usually come about 4 - 7 days after I send in the ticket, and I received no reply. The tickets also suggest that the situation will be automatically considered resolved after 4 days. Is that the 4 days I waited, or the days i waited and never received a response from this supposed "crack team"?

I'd buy a new copy, but I don't feel like paying full freight for another key from Steam, so it looks like I'm screwed.