Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to PVP like a boss

Alucardo
Alucardo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
An excerpt from my latest book "How to PVP like a boss".

Chapter 1: How to make Cheesecake

Throw in some heavy armor, preferably black rose for the sustain, add a pinch of Tremorscale, with a sprinkle of Viper for some extra free damage. If you're a Nightblade you can use the minor berserk from relentless focus to amplify Viper's damage, so don't forget! For you stam sorcs out there, you won't even need to worry about wearing black rose, because you can just dark deal all the way to the bank, so throw on some Knights-Errant, or anything that will give you even more damage and healing. That sure sounds swell!
Now you're all set to spread happiness and laughter throughout the lands of Cyrodiil. Here are some helpful tips when you come across those nasty and inferior medium/light armor wearers.

1. Stay on the defensive in the beginning. With your mitigation, larger health pool, better sustain and healing you will laugh as they poke you with their sticks. This will also give you time to charge up Wrath, the passive that gives you extra weapon/spell damage each time you get hit. So stay on the defence until that is maxed out.
2. Jeepers that was fast! Our Wrath is ready to go, and now we're a ticking time bomb. What we're going to do next is reverberating bash our opponent to stun them and debuff their healing, then charge up a heavy attack. In one heavy attack we will release damage health poisons and proc viper all in one. Immediately after that you'll just need to perform a ransack then bash. The ransack will proc Tremorscale, snaring them and inflicting a decent amount of damage, and the bash is just for some extra damage. If you reverb bash, then wait a couple of seconds before going into the combo I mentioned above, Viper will most likely proc on the bash also. Isn't that cute!
3. Drop your Dawnbreaker.
4. If they're not already down, just light attack to finish them off with Viper. It doesn't really matter, you're already dead inside at this point anyway.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9120762b3c040a2655ba84de6bee64691e7d5af4c401a1c197e0aa08d068887f.jpg
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are the Master of Deceit and Father of Lies! That's not a cheesecake recipe at all, this is a cheesecake recipe!
    Filling:
    • Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

For the Crust:
    • In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients with a fork until evenly moistened. Lightly coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
      Pour the crumbs into the pan and, using the bottom of a measuring cup or the smooth bottom of a glass, press the crumbs down into the base and 1-inch up the sides. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.

For the Filling:
    • In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on low speed for 1 minute until smooth and free of any lumps. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue to beat slowly until combined. Gradually add sugar and beat until creamy, for 1 to 2 minutes.

Add sour cream, lemon zest, and vanilla. Periodically scrape down the sides of the bowl and the beaters. The batter should be well-mixed but not overbeaten. Pour the filling into the crust-lined pan and smooth the top with a spatula.

Set the cheesecake pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around it. Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan; the foil will keep the water from seeping into the cheesecake. Bake for 45 minutes. The cheesecake should still jiggle (it will firm up after chilling), so be careful not to overcook. Let cool in pan for 30 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours. Loosen the cheesecake from the sides of the pan by running a thin metal spatula around the inside rim. Unmold and transfer to a cake plate. Using a spatula spread a layer of Warm Lemon Blueberry topping over the surface.

Slice the cheesecake with a thin, non-serrated knife that has been dipped in hot water. Wipe dry after each cut.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on October 30, 2016 6:22AM
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but when you get them...mmmm...Raclette!

Remember!

"Traditionally the melting happens in front of an open fire with the big piece of cheese facing the heat. One then regularly scrapes off the melting side. It is accompanied by small firm potatoes (Bintje, Charlotte or Raclette varieties), gherkins, pickled onions, and dried meat, such as jambon cru/cuit and viande des Grisons, and to drink, Kirsch, herbal tea or Fendant (wine from the Chasselas grape)."
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anything for a mag DK?
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything for a mag DK?

Sure. Respec to stamina and repeat the steps I mentioned in the post
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    mDK is cheese-less.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will anyone be sharing cheesecake as this one has a little strawberry preserves for toppings .
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mDK is cheese-less.
    MagDK's are the new Templars and Sorcerers, always trying to perpetuate the lie that they are somehow weaker/less cheese than other classes/builds.

In the meanwhile, a ton of MagDK's that quit playing MagDK the moment they lost their ridiculous OP status are returning and playing MagDK again.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on October 30, 2016 6:08PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will anyone be sharing cheesecake as this one has a little strawberry preserves for toppings .

Not sharing cheesecake is downright inhuman
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have something unique here !
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incite wrote: »
    You have something unique here !

Thanks man! I really tried to break the mould and provide people with a new way to be successful in PVP. Hopefully it catches on.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understand the whole, "heavy armor meta"
    Zos has data to prove that it's the least use armor in the game.

Additionally it doesn't provide any tankiness at all unless you don't use penetration.
    Edited by Anti_Virus on November 14, 2016 5:46AM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    mDK is cheese-less.
    MagDK's are the new Templars and Sorcerers, always trying to perpetuate the lie that they are somehow weaker/less cheese than other classes/builds.

In the meanwhile, a ton of MagDK's that quit playing MagDK the moment they lost their ridiculous OP status are returning and playing MagDK again.

This. MDKs are still very powerful don't need a lot of buffs DB could use some tweaking.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm mm mmm that cheeze cake sounds proccalicious
    But I'm afraid it would ruin my nasty inferior medium armour figure :*
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    mDK is cheese-less.

This. MDKs are still very powerful don't need a lot of buffs DB could use some tweaking.

how Cyrodiil would burn if i could just heal out of execute range with my 4k magicka cost heal.....
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What if I'm lactose intolerant af
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    What if I'm lactose intolerant af

You get soy cake . :S
  • bellanca6561n
    bellanca6561n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A triumph of sarcasm indeed :p
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone say Cheescake???!! Khajiit wantz it all!!

tumblr_oejzucGk881qfbl3ao1_500.png
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lava_Croft

If only M DK's had an execute...

Talons + Fozzilize does feel like cheese when using them... but then I have to remind myself that this is the only way I can have a chance at finishing off a decent to good player.... and really good players... if they are stam, I have to hope they make a bad decision and burn through their stam leaving them open to be finished off.

Oh, and one of my biggest gripes is not having access to a healing debuff... sure, standard debuffs... but how many good players stand in that? that's right... none...

And did I mention... M DK has no reliable gap closer...

So once again... as has been mentioned countless times... M DK is VERY strong in group play... they are able to do some decent AOE damage with Groth and can lock groups down for high damage dealers to finish them off.
    Edited by Rohaus on November 14, 2016 2:45PM
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your not really a Boss if 75% of Cyrodil is doing the exact same thing.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Additionally it doesn't provide any tankiness at all unless you don't use penetration.

You're referring to this chart, right?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3363913/#Comment_3363913

Heavy at 30% vs. Medium at 34% vs. Medium at 36% in the demographic of PvP players CP 501+, a month or more before the release of One Tamriel.

That doesn't strike me as an enormous disparity, particularly when you consider that the vast majority of people playing PvP at that time were not what you would consider dangerous. "The meta" is what is currently considered your most effective option; less experienced players, at least prior to One Tamriel, were unlikely to be riding that meta, and I would argue that heavy armor was significantly less effective prior to the One Tamriel patch. It was still great, but it wasn't as effective, there were only a handful of ways to go with it, and the burst damage flying around in Cyrodiil didn't practically necessitate it the way the damage does now.

After the One Tamriel patch, which happened after that graph, we were given tons of new options for heavy armor builds, tons of new monster sets, tons of new proc sets. They are all relatively easy to acquire, and I would wager that significantly more players-- and significantly more inexperienced, previously undangerous players-- are using heavy armor now. If there's still a disparity, it's a smaller one. You can't fall back on ZOS's data from September to ignore the problems of November.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering a majority of stam builds used to run medium, the data proved that heavy armor gained a lot more traction. It's only gone up since then.
    I'd love to see another graph of heavy armor users in PVP since one tamriel, and I mean active PVPers, not those guys that just come in to collect skyshards.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're referring to this chart, right?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3363913/#Comment_3363913

Heavy at 30% vs. Medium at 34% vs. Medium at 36% in the demographic of PvP players CP 501+, a month or more before the release of One Tamriel.

That doesn't strike me as an enormous disparity, particularly when you consider that the vast majority of people playing PvP at that time were not what you would consider dangerous. "The meta" is what is currently considered your most effective option; less experienced players, at least prior to One Tamriel, were unlikely to be riding that meta, and I would argue that heavy armor was significantly less effective prior to the One Tamriel patch. It was still great, but it wasn't as effective, there were only a handful of ways to go with it, and the burst damage flying around in Cyrodiil didn't practically necessitate it the way the damage does now.

After the One Tamriel patch, which happened after that graph, we were given tons of new options for heavy armor builds, tons of new monster sets, tons of new proc sets. They are all relatively easy to acquire, and I would wager that significantly more players-- and significantly more inexperienced, previously undangerous players-- are using heavy armor now. If there's still a disparity, it's a smaller one. You can't fall back on ZOS's data from September to ignore the problems of November.

We'll have to see if they update the graph, but for now we can just say it's fact that everyone runs heavy armor, unless Zos proves otherwise.

You made great points and you guys might probably be right, but again can't just jump to conclusions just because you duel 100 have armor proctatos.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Member when the meta was light armor? Then medium?

Guardrail-to-guardrail balancing.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• RobTheAxe
    RobTheAxe
    ✭✭
    It's hard for a game to be perfectly balanced, but I think a good step forward would be to make it so that only one proc set can be active at a time. There are a number of ways it could be done, the two I can think of fastest are whichever was most recently equipped, or set some sort of heirarchy IE monster sets > normal sets, to determine which set has the effect. The main problem for this, aside from pure PVE players, people I personally cannot even begin to understand but let's not go there, who are sure to complain that their rights are being infringed on, is that there would be no warning to players ingame who don't read the info/patch notes and putting 'only 1 set of this type can be active at a time' would be bad so I say leave the warning off and implement the limitation.

I like that more sets are open for options, and I like that there are a variety of effects and methods to choose from, but allowing multiple sets to proc at the same time is not good for gameplay.