Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Returning player, dlc question.

Nephiah
Nephiah
✭✭
Greetings!

I am just returning to the game, playing without a subscription for now to see how it feels. I'm wondering about the DLC and if it's only available via crowns, or if I can pay in dollars. I don't qualify for the Gold Edition (I have the Imperial Edition from pre-ordering back before the game released, not sure if that means anything). Just curious how I would get these without crowns. Also, does the subscription include them? What would happen if my sub lapsed?
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I believe the DLC is only available in crowns. If you are on Playstation or Xbox you should be able to buy the crows to purchase any DLC you wish. I believe they offer 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 5000 packages. Or at least something along those lines. Either way you should be able to buy a crown pack large enough to pick up your desired DLC and have a little left over for a costume, dye or a couple xp scolls to help you along.

The subscription , in my opinion, is the way to go. The craft bag is worth the $15/month alone and getting all the DLCs and 1500 crowns per month is icing on the cake. If your sub lapsed then you no longer get access tot he DLC areas but all the loot you acquired is kept and everything in your craft bag stays there. But, if you withdraw something from the craft you cannot put it back in the bag. As well nothing you acquire after the sub lapse that is crafting related will go into it either.

Most people spend more than 15 dollars a week on coffee alone so I believe it is way more affordable than buying in 3,6,12 month chunks. Skip one coffee a week and the sub is paid for!
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me I cut down on movies to justify my sub - but I totally agree.

As far as DLC I like IC a LOT more than I thought I would - I mostly PvE, and despise Gankers so much (it's just really not fun for me) that I stopped playing IC much at all when the Vicious Death set came out and only started when they recently nerfed IC (better in some ways, worse in others).

my 2 cents
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crafting Bag is ZOS Crack. If you sub for that, it will be a hard time playing the game without it (unless you do no crafting and sell all the mats you get)

Anyway, if you sub for 4 months, you can buy all the DLC's with the Crowns you would get as there is a DLC Pack (forget the price but I think it is 5500 crowns, conveniently one of the Crown Packs comes in that size)

We just had a Crown Sale for like half off Crowns. Those come around periodically, so that is another cheap way to get the DLC content if you want it without the Sub.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"