Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ETA on Macroslice Gap closer exploit ?

frozywozy
frozywozy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If you use a gap closer on someone above or bellow your longitude, there is chance that the following steps will occur :
- The gap closer will be delayed by 10 seconds
- Your character will be doing the gap closer animation but won't be pushed toward your target just yet
- During that 10 seconds period, any ability you use will be queued up until the end
- All abilities are released at the same time and the gap closer finally make you reach your target in a devastating blow

Here is an example :

Screenshot_20161029_165628_zpsm2quhiws.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit : This is game breaking, very easy to achieve and need a fix as soon as possible.
Edited by frozywozy on October 29, 2016 9:26PM
Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
Frosted - Magplar - AR50
Frodn - Magden - AR50
Warmed - Magblade - AR50
Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
  • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
  • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
  • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
  • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
  • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
  • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
  • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
  • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
  • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
  • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
  • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
  • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
  • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
  • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
  • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
  • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
  • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
  • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
  • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
  • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
  • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
  • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
  • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
  • Introduce dynamic population
  • Lower population cap by 20%
  • Add Snare Immunity potions
  • Bring resurrection sickness
  • Fix character desync
  • Fix cc breaking bug
  • Fix gap closer bug
  • Fix health desync
  • Fix combat bug
  • Fix streak bug
  • Fix server lag
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't that be nice if this actually got fixed , it's been a long time .
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUMP.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I'd also like to point out that even if you get the bug, it is 100% avoidable because you can block-cancel the stuck charge, you don't have to spam the attacks to queue them, knowing they will hit your target all at once.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering how people are doing this! There actually seems to be two separate versions of this bug, one in which there is a long delay before all damage happens at once (usually unintended), and another version where a player is able to add DOTs and even ult you BEFORE the gap closer impact.

I've come up will all sorts of crazy theories about the second version, but it seems to only be happening with Invasion and Crit Rush (all morphs of both). The majority of times I see it happen involve the perpetrator entering crouch/stealth immediately before using the exploit.

Also, it doesn't seem to be based on chance, because there are a handful of players that can do this every time without fail. I assumed it was a macro, but it's also possible that these guys just know the conditions that will cause the glitch.

It makes me rage when people do this kind of thing. For the life of me I can't understand why they feel the need to cheat to squeeze out every bit of advantage - just play the damned game guys.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

frozywozy wrote: »
    If you use a gap closer on someone above or bellow your longitude, there is chance that the following steps will occur :
    - The gap closer will be delayed by 10 seconds
    - Your character will be doing the gap closer animation but won't be pushed toward your target just yet
    - During that 10 seconds period, any ability you use will be queued up until the end
    - All abilities are released at the same time and the gap closer finally make you reach your target in a devastating blow

Here is an example :

Screenshot_20161029_165628_zpsm2quhiws.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit : This is game breaking, very easy to achieve and need a fix as soon as possible.

BUGGED!!!

BUMP.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by altemriel on November 7, 2016 1:54PM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    I've been wondering how people are doing this! There actually seems to be two separate versions of this bug, one in which there is a long delay before all damage happens at once (usually unintended), and another version where a player is able to add DOTs and even ult you BEFORE the gap closer impact.

I've come up will all sorts of crazy theories about the second version, but it seems to only be happening with Invasion and Crit Rush (all morphs of both). The majority of times I see it happen involve the perpetrator entering crouch/stealth immediately before using the exploit.

Also, it doesn't seem to be based on chance, because there are a handful of players that can do this every time without fail. I assumed it was a macro, but it's also possible that these guys just know the conditions that will cause the glitch.

It makes me rage when people do this kind of thing. For the life of me I can't understand why they feel the need to cheat to squeeze out every bit of advantage - just play the damned game guys.

Its not about fair play to them.
    Its about winning the competition.
    They really dont even contemplate the other player.

Thats why it falls on ZOS to protect us from such.
    /cringes

Are there any rewards in this game for second best or just being a good sport ?
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 7, 2016 2:49PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fyi get razer.... perfectly legit even though rules still say third party. Im on console and we will be gettin it soon too.