Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

RvR/AvA Player thinking about returning to ESO

amonengelb16_ESO
amonengelb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hey folks,

originally I'm a DAoC addict who was chasing his luck in ESO after GW2 turned out to be really disappointing due to it's WvW gameplay. I've had played ESO since the release and stopped right after the release of the Imperial City because I've felt that PvE Loot played a major role in competetive builds for AvA. Additionally, I kinda hated how OP the Emperer and some other characters could solo a zerg just because of their character progression.

So I went back to GW2 and got really bored of the WvW gameplay again because it doesn't really motivate a player to think on his own because a commander/leader does that for you in that game. I kinda miss that teamplay comes together by adding individual players with individual skill in smaller groups as it was in DAoC and ESO, I also prefer the whole atmosphere in ESO as it is not so pink and fluffy as in GuildWars 2 ... but I'm afraid that I have to do tons of PvE just to stay competetive - is that so? I've also experienced the whole Champion Level addition and knew that system from DAoC already ... Is it hard to max it just to stay "on par" with other players?
I'd be grateful if some players could help out! :)

Regards
A chalice. Bound to be filled with your tears of salt.
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm reading your post correctly you are asking about two different things: First, if a player needs to do a lot of PvE to get competitive gear that is suitable for PvP and secondly how hard is it to level up within the champion point system to reach sufficient champion points to be competitive with people who have a lot of champion points.

Champion points have a cap at which players may accrue more champion points, but points over the cap are not spendable. The current champion point cap is 561 CPs. Keep in mind that you have the option to play on a No CP campaign where a player's champion points have no affect at all.

Most PvP players I know do a fair amount of PvE to acquire gear, be it dungeons, daily quests or solo PvE play. At this time, crafted gear is not on par with gear you can get through PvE activities. Most people don't wear gear acquired solely through PvP either.

Take a peek at this site which shows where to find sets of equipment and you will get an idea of where gear is currently coming from in ESO.

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/sets
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...