Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorcerer healer with DPS- build suggestions/advice

Tariel43
Tariel43
Soul Shriven
Hi! I am not new to the ESO world, but I am new to the sorcerer healer side of things. My main is a stamp DK DPS, second toon is magblade Tank, and now I'm looking to heal.I have seen sorcerer healers and it seems fun. My goal is to be a main healer (counting trials) and still provide decent DPS. Please point me in the right direction on how to build my little sorcerer up. Thank you.
G.T. Valkyrieondreya - xbox.
Edited by Tariel43 on September 9, 2016 5:29AM
Gamer Tag ValkyrieOndreya.
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Tariel43 wrote: »
    Hi! I am not new to the ESO world, but I am new to the sorcerer healer side of things. My main is a stamp DK DPS, second toon is magblade Tank, and now I'm looking to heal.I have seen sorcerer healers and it seems fun. My goal is to be a main healer (counting trials) and still provide decent DPS. Please point me in the right direction on how to build my little sorcerer up. Thank you.
    G.T. Valkyrieondreya - xbox.

You won't be able to main heal a trial as we lack the tools needed for it. Stam sticks is a BIG skill that is needed. Templars are always going to be the main healer for trials until they screw something else up. I do some back up healing but that is VERY VERY VERY rare. Issues I have with it is we don't have the extra HoTs and the Pet dies to fast.
    Edited by Aeaeren on September 20, 2016 1:53PM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For dungeons, you can effectively heal as a Sorcerer, while for trials, it's a bit harder to support as a Sorcerer.

Dungeons:
    Restoration Staff:
    1. Regeneration
    2. Healing Springs
    3. Healing Ward
    4. Combat Prayer
    5. Twilight Matriarch
    U. Aggressive War Horn

Dual Wield
    1. Empowered Ward
    2. Liquid Lightning
    3. Daedric Curse
    4. Cleanse
    5. Twilight Matriarch
    U. Overload

Overload:
    1. Dark Conversion
    2. Mage's Wrath
    3. Surge
    4. Inner Light
    5. Twilight Matriarch

There's no way around it though, Sorcerers are very poorly optimized for contributing DPS in a fight, while keeping up healing of any kind. If this were a Templar, you can load them up with cool dps spells because they have them; Sorcerers don't have anything to put into spare slots.

Basically, in a boss fight, you'd throw down HOTs and DOTs, and then swap to Overload, spam that before you only have enough Ultimate to use Warhorn, then buff yourself with Surge, then swap to Resto Staff and use Warhorn, then continue healing. If you run low on Magicka, you'll have ultimate, so swap to Overload, then Dark Conversion.

Also, you need to heavy attack with Resto Staff for Major Mending, which is a necessity.

Keep up DOTs, and keep up Combat Prayer and Empowered Ward buff. You have almost no way of contributing DPS, so you need to keep Combat Prayer up to maximise that.

Trials:

As a Sorc Healer in a trial, flat out, you are dead weight compared to a Templar. But still, it's something you can do. First things first, coordinate with your other healer, which hopefully is a Templar, if not, your group is going to have resource problems.

Right off the bat, you need to insist that you will take all of the abilities that the healers trade off on, all of them.

So, your setup should look as:
    Restoration Staff:
    1. Regeneration
    2. Healing Springs
    3. Combat Prayer
    4. Siphon Spirit
    5. Twilight Matriarch
    U. Aggresive War Horn

Destruction Staff:
    1. Empowered Ward
    2. Mystic Orbs
    3. Elemental Drain
    4. Cleanse
    5. Twilight Matriarch
    U. Overload

Overload:
    1. Dark Conversion
    2. Mage's Wrath
    3. Surge
    4. Inner Light
    5. Twilight Matriarch

To ensure that the Templar has plenty of room and time to cast all the stuff that 2 Templars normally has to do, you need to run Siphon Spirit, Mystic Orbs, and Elemental Drain. But just like a Templar Healer, you'll buff everyone with Regeneration, then keep down Healing Springs, and use Combat Prayer as your buff/main heal.

Also, you need to keep up Empowered Ward buff at all times.

As with a dungeon boss fight, you'll open up with initial HOTs + Overload, but modified a bit. First, communicate with your other healer and tank, and make sure one of them opens up with Warhorn, so you can burn your ultimate until you have just enough to cast Warhorn. So, again, burn ultimate, and rely on Matriarch as a healer. Then, use Surge before you swap back to normal bars, then cast Warhorn when the time's right.

You need to get ~90% uptime on Siphon Spirit and Elemental Drain on as many mobs as you can, and a similar uptime for Combat Prayer. If you run low on Magicka, swap to Overload and use Dark Conversion, buff with Surge, and move back to normal bars.

You don't have the utility of a Templar, so you need to try extra hard to do a ton of healing and buffing. Keep Major Mending up via Resto Heavy attacks.

You should still run standard 5 piece SPC as a sorc healer (if you have it) + Worm Cult (in trials, if you have it), or + Infalliable Aether. If you don't have any of those sets at all, then I'd advise you to make do with Julianos, Willpower, and a monster set (preferably Kena). Even with the low sustain setup of Julianos, 2 Kena and Willpower, you have an easy way to restore Magicka.

You'll need a bit of practice before you can get it down, but once you do get it down, it'll turn out nicely.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zzz..

I can solo heal all trials as a sorc on (normal). Solo - easily.

5 piece spell power cure
    5 piece healers - with one tam - sanctuary 12% additional heals.

3 skills, mutagen, healing springs, combat prayer, bound agies, inner light - meteor
    Back bar, I run destro - wall of elements, liquid lightning, harden ward, bound agies, inner light - overload

Mind you as solo heals I stay on front bar 80% of the time .

Also something to consider, suppression field in trials very strong

I can promise you if you play your class right there is little to no difference on normal anyway.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lukums1 wrote: »
    Zzz..

I can solo heal all trials as a sorc on (normal). Solo - easily.

5 piece spell power cure
    5 piece healers - with one tam - sanctuary 12% additional heals.

3 skills, mutagen, healing springs, combat prayer, bound agies, inner light - meteor
    Back bar, I run destro - wall of elements, liquid lightning, harden ward, bound agies, inner light - overload

Mind you as solo heals I stay on front bar 80% of the time .

Also something to consider, suppression field in trials very strong

I can promise you if you play your class right there is little to no difference on normal anyway.

both the healer set and sanctuary are bad. there is no reason to have your armor make your heals bigger, but if you had to choose, the healer set is much better then sanctuary, the extra spell damage and regen is worth so much more then the health and the extra 4% healing received(LOL).

if you really want to be a main healer as a non temp, you need to get a Master staff. this is the only reliable way to give stam back to the group and you will be using healing springs a lot anyways as a nontemp. yes there is the sentinel of Rukugums set but if you wear that, you can not wear 2 five piece sets and as an end game healer, you need spc + worm or aether, preferably aether on a sorc, as you will have to be heavy attacking as much as you can to get the major mending buff, that +25% to your heals is is no joke.

i healed on my sorc when i was leveling the undaunted passives, i did not use the matriarch, i used healing ward as the oh S**T heal, as at the time, i had 100 cp into the bastion passives, for a bigger hardened ward for vMA.

my bars looked like this- inner light-healing ward- crystal frags-mutagen-healing springs. i have frags on this bar to proc the extra 3% spell crit for the group and to contribute some dps. ulti at the time was the atro, i was leveling so that is why that was there, and if one of the dps was smart enough, they could of gotten a 25% damage buff for a short time, though i hardly ever saw this.

then my back bar was inner light, mystic orbs- hardened ward(if i was a full time sorc healer this would be the other morph, as it give 10% magic regen the group), liquid lightning, force pulse. ulit overload. i did not change the overload from what i running for vMA.

if i was a full time healer, i would find a way to work the matriarch into the build but just running vet pledges, there was no real reason to have her.

at the time i just had on the dps gear that i was using as well, so julianos/kena/torag/willpower. it did the job but i did not provide the buffs that most people expect form their healers these days.

sorc healers are nice and part of the reason i like the game, that you can do whatever role you want on each of the classes and complete 99% of the content in the game but you have to keep in mind to get that last 1% of the game and be accepted into the meta, you have to be a Templar healer, there is really no way around that.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on October 28, 2016 1:36AM
  • Tariel43
    Tariel43
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you all for your insights s Sorcerer healers! I have a lot of things to think about! :)
    Gamer Tag ValkyrieOndreya.