Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Dark Brotherhood Black Dragon Bug

Warmkoolaid
I'm trying to beat the Black Dragon in the Dark Brotherhood questline and when I'm playing, I have full health but about 30 seconds into the fight I die instantly with full health. I think there might be a bug or something because how can this be? I'm constantly running lifesteal skills and I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have any tips or having the same problem?
  • Lawieke
    Lawieke
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem here...

I can easily defeat everything in that place, to the point of defeating the black dragon. She cast a spell, that I can't move or use any potions or whatever and then i die, after a few hits. every time...Kinda frustrating...

Managed to bug her into the rockwall lol... then I could defeat her -_-"
    Edited by Lawieke on July 2, 2016 7:15PM
  • LeDave
    LeDave
    ✭✭✭
    That's the last boss right? I beat the DB Quest on the 2nd or 3rd day the DLC came out, I forgot. I forgot much about the quest. But, I was able to beat it, the pillars and walls are your friend, The boss will sometime cast some bubble on herself to resist damage, when she does this you hide behind a wall or pillar. After a couple seconds, she will drop the bubble, that's when you go back and attack her. Don't go too far, she will one hit you will her spell and make you non maneuverable.

I was a stam NB Imperial with a full set of Bahraha's Cuse, which helped me survive big time as I didn't have vigor yet.

Edit: Oh, leave the ADS alone, focus only on the boss, your team of NPC's got the ADS under control.

This is all I remember... I may be wrong on some parts or forgot some parts, but this is the best I can tell.
    Edited by LeDave on July 2, 2016 7:29PM
  • PetitPoneyMagique
    Same problem here. I reported to the support.
    I play on PC, Europe Megaserver, with a Xbox controller.
  • Antien
    Antien
    Soul Shriven
    Digging up relics of the forums past, THIS IS STILL BUGGED.
    She will randomly one hit, othertimes she will sheath her weapons and do no damage, only for me to then die from attacks that never happened.
    Not to mention she is able to lock me down and I literally cannot do a thing about it while they all just attack. Never had a problem with a boss until this point, and the fact i am still having trouble shows blatant disregard for bugs in this game, not everyone is a CP 500 that can literally end a fight within a few seconds.

• dreddurius
    dreddurius
    ✭✭✭
    Just curious: what is the recommended level for "The Wrath of Sithis : Defeat the Black Dragon"? I barely last more than 5 seconds.

Also, is this quest shareable?
    Edited by dreddurius on August 31, 2016 4:36AM
    CAN I HAZ UR STUFF?
  • GraniteDevil
    GraniteDevil
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to beat this boss right now after the One Tamriel update as a dual-wield/bow Nightblade. And I'm about to go sledgehammer time on some random stranger's face in the real world, probably after I ******* throw my xbox out the window. I'm level 50, CP 138, a Night's Silence set (at cp 120) of medium armor upgraded to purple with the best health enchants the armor will take. Two daggers, crafted and upgraded and enchanted (again cp 120, the best glyphs they can handle) with frost and fire with traits to improve status app. Same with the bow. All my CP points are in medium armor and whatever kind of reductions I can get elsewhere (stamina cost and something else).

And I CANNOT defeat the Black Dragon. I killed the shadows but I cannot kill her. She knocks my health down, I hit a potion, and 1 *** second later she's stunning me (seriously devs? the boss can ******* stun me but none of my status effects do a damn thing?) and killing me. None of my siphoning does ***. None of my damage over time does ***. None of my ultimates do ***. I try to kite her around the pillars and then the fight resets.

I've blown through 50 potions, some 20 repair kits, and I can't even get her down below 75% of her health.

This *** game. I am really hating it right now.
  • Albinson715
    Albinson715
    Soul Shriven
    I'm trying to beat this boss right now after the One Tamriel update as a dual-wield/bow Nightblade. And I'm about to go sledgehammer time on some random stranger's face in the real world, probably after I ******* throw my xbox out the window. I'm level 50, CP 138, a Night's Silence set (at cp 120) of medium armor upgraded to purple with the best health enchants the armor will take. Two daggers, crafted and upgraded and enchanted (again cp 120, the best glyphs they can handle) with frost and fire with traits to improve status app. Same with the bow. All my CP points are in medium armor and whatever kind of reductions I can get elsewhere (stamina cost and something else).

And I CANNOT defeat the Black Dragon. I killed the shadows but I cannot kill her. She knocks my health down, I hit a potion, and 1 *** second later she's stunning me (seriously devs? the boss can ******* stun me but none of my status effects do a damn thing?) and killing me. None of my siphoning does ***. None of my damage over time does ***. None of my ultimates do ***. I try to kite her around the pillars and then the fight resets.

I've blown through 50 potions, some 20 repair kits, and I can't even get her down below 75% of her health.

This *** game. I am really hating it right now.

Same settings as you and the only way I could beat her was by attacking as a ****** tank, never leave a space between you and her mate. Also, I'm lucky enough to use my WW transformation in order to gain health.
    Priests of Hircine
    Azor Aceroamargo — Nightblade Male Breton — Werewolf
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antien wrote: »
    Digging up relics of the forums past, THIS IS STILL BUGGED.
    She will randomly one hit, othertimes she will sheath her weapons and do no damage, only for me to then die from attacks that never happened.
    Not to mention she is able to lock me down and I literally cannot do a thing about it while they all just attack. Never had a problem with a boss until this point, and the fact i am still having trouble shows blatant disregard for bugs in this game, not everyone is a CP 500 that can literally end a fight within a few seconds.

Sounds like a lag desync?
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 5, 2016 4:04PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds