Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Sorc build

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm considering playing my sorc I created a LONG time ago I mainly pvp and duel.
What do I need to be wearing to be competitive these days.
I usually play stamblade so magika sets are off my radar really
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    I'm considering playing my sorc I created a LONG time ago I mainly pvp and duel.
    What do I need to be wearing to be competitive these days.
    I usually play stamblade so magika sets are off my radar really

The usual is kena TBS and willpower or if going dots skoria. Then there is that set from prison plus aether with one Kena. For easiest to obtain willpower and Julianos does pretty good.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Draven147
    Draven147
    ✭✭✭
    There are a pile of new sets out there with the latest update now and finding the best pairing has a lot to do with playstyle and how much grinding you want to do. Kags is a pretty popular set for PvP and rightly so.

I'm currently running 5pc seducer: heavy chest and legs, light boots, hands, and a staff sharpened with crushing enchant. I'm paring it with a 5pc spinners: 3 jewels, waist and helm. The shoulders are whichever monster piece I feel like that day. Either Skoriya for some extra health or Molag Kena for a bit more ka-pow. Its not a bad setup I don't think. Gives a fair amount of damage and some pretty good sustain with a decent magicka pool.

I'm by no means a expert on PVP/Dueling and I know my sets are not BiS but I like the way it plays. I'm currently in the process of farming the Lich set which I'm pretty sure is the best magicka regen set out there right now. I'd like to pair that with rattlecage and see how that works out. There are only so many hrs in a day to farm and a guys gotta sleep sometime.
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a bit out of touch as of updates but I run 3pc willpower jewelry 5 PC vicious death and 4 PC Julianos is. Last pvp I played it held up decent. Mainly built for medium too large scale fights. Doesn't hold up well 1vx. VC is good for breaking up groups as it procks pretty well with sorc lightning abilitys splash damage kills.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dueling build is as follows:

x5 Necropotence (x3 Jewelry x2 armor)
    x4 Alchemist (x5 on back bar with DW)
    x2 Infernal Guardian monster set

I main bar restoration staff sharpened wpn/spell dmg glyph

Moves: Volatile Familiar, Blessing of Restoration, Daedric Minefield, Hardened Ward, and Crystal Fragments ultimate: Light's Champion

Backbar DW Swords, Sharpened,

Moves: Volatile Familiar, Power Surge, Innerlight, Velacious Curse, Hardened Ward, ultimate Soul Assault

First off, Restoration staff main bar is because: undodgeable, deals more damage per tick than lightning staff, provides spot heal, major mending, greater magicka return, passive healing for pet and myself

And one of the most underrated ults in game. Light's Champion, it provides a massive HoT and debuff that allows for a full 5 seconds of offense, or the best way to get out of execute range. The 30% crit damage boost makes for insane burst, my particular build has enough points into crit modifier CP that with LC Im at 100% crit modifier. When the SA combo doesn't work (cuz a good player etc) the unexpected burst from LC can do it.

The SA combo is: do some damage, set up etc, I usually don't start immediately into it unless it's a glass cannon but: I like get glyph going from resto heavy. Hit familiar, switch to DW, Curse opponent, hit Alchemist, SA.

My tooltip for SA all buffed is somewhere around 90k, so 45k in PvP, or 11k per sec. 5.5k blocked, 4k blocked and with resistance... so approximately 16k through block and 30% resistance...

Now remember Curse is unblockable >:) and it has a tooltip of somewhere around 14k, so 7k pvp, or 5k ish after resistance of 30%...

That's 22k damage total in that 4 seconds, through block, through resistance... I've KO'd some builds from full health while they were blocking before...

Now imagine if they are low on stam, don't block, hit a mine etc etc, it can get nasty.

It's cheesy I know, magicka cheese however doesn't get nearly the hate stam cheese gets
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds