The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weapon ultimates need a massive nerf

• HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's start by just making all the new crap actually obey LOS and not hit though walls/floors.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Dont forget bow ulti nerf. If you dont dodge it, block it, cloak it or interrupt it it will too deal massive 50k DMG. Totally unfair to every noob who lacks any basic knowledge about mechanics.
    /s

bow ult against stam user is useless but agains magic build is like souls assault aginst stam user, l2p then or nerf bow ult with SA together B)

I made just stupid joke but you left me completly confused I have no idea if you were making joke too, didnt understand I was joking or you rly believe soul assault and bow ult are same skills (but used against different enemies) :no_mouth:
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    So blame the lag, mate, not the skill itself... LOL

Destro ulti is already expensive and have a 2sec telegraph. As for the damage, just don't stand in red... it is really easy to avoid! Rage morph - just walk away, eye morph - CC + gap closer.

You are not supposed to have a relaxing nap in it...

You ask for nerf to skill that many of us don't even use cause it has much better equivalents in both PvP and PvE. [/quote]

You don't get it. Sometimes you don't see the red circle and yes there is a huge problem with the amount of damage it does. You can just walk right through a group of players and wipe them clean off the map in seconds. Do you get it now? I always wondered why people hate magicka builds so much after the thieves guild update and now I know exactly why. Magicka builds are way too strong whenever they buff the hell out of them due to the fact that magicka has overpowered aoe to wipe out 30 man groups and stamina is just single target. I have nothing against magicka builds but it's absolutely outrageous when a group of people get one shotted by 1 magicka user.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know the storm has this big white hurricane effect swirl at the edges right?

Unless you're lagged to death, It's kind of hard to miss. It's also easy to get out of.

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimates should kill people.

There should he an ultimate that kills a whole zergling of people if they all stand it.

You respawn or use a camp and get back to fighting but yes the destruction staff ultimate will eventually get needed not because in kill people in PVP but because it renders certain boss mechanics in PVE obsolete.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SilentBoomstick 55k from destro staff ultimate? That's obvious Your friend was standing inside it by full duration so what You expected that ultimate which cost 250 points and have no other thigs to do except dmg will tickle for 2k/sec during 7-9 seconds... If someone is so clever to not leave ground targeted AoE it's dead wish.
    Edited by Juhasow on November 1, 2016 4:05AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This made me lol XD

But for real, the dmg from a destroulti hitting 55k, unless u stand in it for the full duration it will never cause 55k damage. Classic l2p issue.

It's called lag, son.

So it was lag what killed Your friend not destro staff ultimate....

Edited by Juhasow on November 1, 2016 4:10AM
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't get these noobs, the moment they die in cyro, they come here crying like babies in spoiled diapers, crying "nerf..nerf". They don't understand that cyro is PvP and not PvE, where they get healed and carried by good veterans.

Instead of coming here and crying nerf, one must spend their time in cyro and learn to play-L2P

From what the OP says and like everyone has pointed out is that they stayed in the AOE for the duration of the effect, which either talk about lag or sheer laziness to move

Don't be this guy :disappointed:

i-dont-always-lose-the-game-but-when-i-do-i-become-a-sore-loser.jpg
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    Eye - morph is the problem. Change that for PVP purposes but please leave the other morph untouched.

Yes, lets nerf the morph of a skill that you have problems with, but leave the other morph alone because it suits your needs. Of course it's all about what you want.

Why don't you let us know what skills/morphs you use, then we can just nerf everything else.

Please read the rest of my comments too, than reply again. L2R.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly mag users needed the aoe ult and a solid single target Soul Assault...this helps the balance between Stam and Mag....Stam should have all the greatest tools for PvP....keep it the way it is.
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so here is something about desto staff ult, so much details and no red circle for enemies, on glass cannon start this ult and go into wampire mist, dont care about inc damage and wipe biggur group in solo, like bombing nb and next thing...why the hell weapon ulti is better than class ulti? nove can go hide with this ulti in pve, bat swarm also you can just *** it, you have no any compare bat swarm to eye of storm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chOOMK8JQhI

moslt these weapons ults are insane much better than class ults, this shouldnt exist
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how magicka players swore on their life that the ultimate sucked.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anti_Virus wrote: »

The first iteration did.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

The first iteration did.

Agreed, also, it wouldn't be so good if you could tell your opponent was using it. Got killed by it recently because I didn't notice the slight swirl in the air...
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the destro ult... When I'm being REverb bashed, feared, and perma stunned with tremor It's the perfect solution. Get away from me or your going to die. with 6 second shields, all I can pretty much do when your on me like that is shield. I can't streak away because of those nerfs, I can try laying mines at a massive cost but you got a shield and just walk through those like they're nothing, and you have on going hots. So Yeah... I need something bursty, AOE, to get some breathing room.

Sorry I don't just lay down and die.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The first iteration did.

Yeah it did. Lol
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So blame the lag, mate, not the skill itself... LOL

Destro ulti is already expensive and have a 2sec telegraph. As for the damage, just don't stand in red... it is really easy to avoid! Rage morph - just walk away, eye morph - CC + gap closer.

You are not supposed to have a relaxing nap in it...

You ask for nerf to skill that many of us don't even use cause it has much better equivalents in both PvP and PvE.

You don't get it. Sometimes you don't see the red circle and yes there is a huge problem with the amount of damage it does. You can just walk right through a group of players and wipe them clean off the map in seconds. Do you get it now? I always wondered why people hate magicka builds so much after the thieves guild update and now I know exactly why. Magicka builds are way too strong whenever they buff the hell out of them due to the fact that magicka has overpowered aoe to wipe out 30 man groups and stamina is just single target. I have nothing against magicka builds but it's absolutely outrageous when a group of people get one shotted by 1 magicka user.

What?
    Edited by Xvorg on November 1, 2016 8:05PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    I love the destro ult... When I'm being REverb bashed, feared, and perma stunned with tremor It's the perfect solution. Get away from me or your going to die. with 6 second shields, all I can pretty much do when your on me like that is shield. I can't streak away because of those nerfs, I can try laying mines at a massive cost but you got a shield and just walk through those like they're nothing, and you have on going hots. So Yeah... I need something bursty, AOE, to get some breathing room.

@NativeJoe you did forget that those very same builds can also use destro ult... heavy SnB destro DKs and heavy SnB destro Temps... so it's good for you, better for them
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not an opinion.

LOL.

One guy in your group needs to L2P and move.

And before you grab your torch and pitchfork demanding Wrobel's job, just remember it was people with attitudes like yours you in this community who told him him it was self-evident the destro ult was useless and he was clueless for making it too weak.
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »

@NativeJoe you did forget that those very same builds can also use destro ult... heavy SnB destro DKs and heavy SnB destro Temps... so it's good for you, better for them

I guess. But I don't have problems with other magicka users. it's the staminas that are doing like 30k damage in 4 seconds lol... Verses other magicka users its a very simple matter of attacking their stamina directly. For me the destro ult is alot like the peeps running around with soulstrike. u burst once the beam hits you because they are virtually defenseless at that point, and when someone is doing their destro ult.... You CC them, throw on the healz or shields and ride it out.

Certainly not the "killer" for magicka builds that it is for stamina... And it's that Very thing that I think in the current meta of TREMOR EVERYTHING MOAR justifies it and makes it somewhat of a counter.
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know the storm has this big white hurricane effect swirl at the edges right?

Unless you're lagged to death, It's kind of hard to miss. It's also easy to get out of.

The only reason people die to this crap with 30K hits is because they don't see the animations or indicators.

Let's call it a Lag Damage Multiplier effect.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if the animation actually worked. One second I alive nek minit dead. Probs seen the animation 3 times since release. Make it have a red circle under it like incoming siege and make incap unblockable like this destro trash.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Would be nice if the animation actually worked. One second I alive nek minit dead. Probs seen the animation 3 times since release. Make it have a red circle under it like incoming siege and make incap unblockable like this destro trash.

Personally I like the fact that there is no big red circle adds to the fun , I mean what's next a text pop telling you that I'm just about to use a ult so if you would like to prepare yourself for it
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    so here is something about desto staff ult, so much details and no red circle for enemies, on glass cannon start this ult and go into wampire mist, dont care about inc damage and wipe biggur group in solo, like bombing nb and next thing...why the hell weapon ulti is better than class ulti? nove can go hide with this ulti in pve, bat swarm also you can just *** it, you have no any compare bat swarm to eye of storm
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chOOMK8JQhI

moslt these weapons ults are insane much better than class ults, this shouldnt exist

aye... this animation glitch is an issue.
    besides the other players in this video are pretty bad, the real issue here is, that destro ulti is the new ball group way of playing. which is completely *** (and has always been). there is no way to get out of the "red circle" when there are 3 player charging at you at the same time with the ulti up. it simply destroys everything that's in its way. they reduced the effectiveness of ball groups over the course by nerfing such *** skills, yet they implement this kind of crap.
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think ultimate should be game changers.
    But game changers need to be rare and not spammable.
    I would scale the ultimate cost vs max potential damage or max potential healing.
    The telegraph warning would also have to scale according to potential damage/healing.

Something that knocks out 250k total damage against upto 6 people should cost the same as something that does 250k damage single target (ie a world boss weapon).
    250k single target is wasted on most players...but good for bosses.
    Upto 250k damage when hitting all 6 targets would be more useful vs players in a zerg just like 250k worth of healing.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on November 3, 2016 11:51AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets look at some facts here, 1. you talk about a ultimate that can kill 8 people at once and restore ultimate, not true, 2nd ultimate is a single target ultimate and is weaker then assassin tree ultimate in terms of damage at a much higher ult cost and it only restores ultimate if the ultimate itself gets the kill and unless they changed it from the pts, 2nd ultimate does not get the stealth damage boost.

2. i doubt you could get destro ultimate to do more then 10k per tick base which is 70k over the 7s or 9k per tick over 9s for 81k, this is halved in pvp which means in pvp max with fire is 35k, and storm 40.5k base. lets assume that they put points into crit boost rather then armor penetration in cp and lets assume they are a nightblade using all divine with shadow stone putting thier crit damage at 55% chance to do appr double the normal damage. so we can say effectively half the ticks would be double damage or another 17.5k for fire, 20.25k for storm for a total of 52.5k fire, 60.75k for storm. but lets assume you are not a scrub and you wear pvp centric gear with 3500 impen. which puts critical hits right back down to same damage range as non crits (basically in essence you can say someone with 3500 impen cannot be crit hitted) so now you are back down to the 35k and 40.5k damage threshold.

3. comparative to other ultimates, 70k/81k damage with destro staff ultimate is a 250 cost ultimate, if we were to go with a cost comparative we can look at 3 ultimates do 210k/243k damage for 750 ult. then we look at the other aoe ultimates, such as dw, which on my stamblade does 20k atm without all the passives, food, ect so that not the maximium threshold (i have seen 53k-58k on the 16s morph). 20k at 150 ult means i can do 5 of them for the same 750 ultimate, or 100k damage over 8s, assuming they havent nerfed the 16s ultimate, that should jump to at least 180k damage. so you can see the cost comparative on the dw vs destro staff ults puts the destro ult only slightly stronger at high end spell power, max magicka only slightly stronger in base damage then a moderate weapon power, max stamina build (2500 wp /27k stamina) vs (3100 sp/ 45k magicka). and another comparative with meteor with meteor having a total damage of 75k damage for 200 ultimate at 2250 sp / 37k magicka putting its total damage significantly higher then that of ult destro.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    lets look at some facts here, 1. you talk about a ultimate that can kill 8 people at once and restore ultimate, not true, 2nd ultimate is a single target ultimate and is weaker then assassin tree ultimate in terms of damage at a much higher ult cost and it only restores ultimate if the ultimate itself gets the kill and unless they changed it from the pts, 2nd ultimate does not get the stealth damage boost.

2. i doubt you could get destro ultimate to do more then 10k per tick base which is 70k over the 7s or 9k per tick over 9s for 81k, this is halved in pvp which means in pvp max with fire is 35k, and storm 40.5k base. lets assume that they put points into crit boost rather then armor penetration in cp and lets assume they are a nightblade using all divine with shadow stone putting thier crit damage at 55% chance to do appr double the normal damage. so we can say effectively half the ticks would be double damage or another 17.5k for fire, 20.25k for storm for a total of 52.5k fire, 60.75k for storm. but lets assume you are not a scrub and you wear pvp centric gear with 3500 impen. which puts critical hits right back down to same damage range as non crits (basically in essence you can say someone with 3500 impen cannot be crit hitted) so now you are back down to the 35k and 40.5k damage threshold.

3. comparative to other ultimates, 70k/81k damage with destro staff ultimate is a 250 cost ultimate, if we were to go with a cost comparative we can look at 3 ultimates do 210k/243k damage for 750 ult. then we look at the other aoe ultimates, such as dw, which on my stamblade does 20k atm without all the passives, food, ect so that not the maximium threshold (i have seen 53k-58k on the 16s morph). 20k at 150 ult means i can do 5 of them for the same 750 ultimate, or 100k damage over 8s, assuming they havent nerfed the 16s ultimate, that should jump to at least 180k damage. so you can see the cost comparative on the dw vs destro staff ults puts the destro ult only slightly stronger at high end spell power, max magicka only slightly stronger in base damage then a moderate weapon power, max stamina build (2500 wp /27k stamina) vs (3100 sp/ 45k magicka). and another comparative with meteor with meteor having a total damage of 75k damage for 200 ultimate at 2250 sp / 37k magicka putting its total damage significantly higher then that of ult destro.

You are so wrong. Let me tell you exactly why you are wrong in this aspect. Number 1 it is an aoe, not single target. Number 2 no animation plays out so you have no idea that you are standing in it. Number 3 let's start to talk about 2 ultimates such as soul assault and shooting star. My soul assault says it does 80k damage but it does not even hit half of that amount for PvP due to the fact that it hits for 1/3rd of that amount, and it can also be interrupted. Believe me I have tested this ultimate out on several players to see how much damage I can pull off. Then we have shooting star that can end someone if they don't block but even if you do not block they can still get back up and fight. Now let's talk about the eye of flame ultimate. Now let's talk about the damage it does... oh yeah my buddy got hit for 55k by this incredibly cheesy aoe ultimate. There is nothing you can say or do to convince me otherwise that this ultimate does not need a nerf. You and everyone else who disagrees with nerfing the damage either has an extremely warped sense of reality or you use it yourself and defend it even though you know it's op and cheesy.

Now I looked everywhere on the Internet and I could not find an "eye of the flame ultimate", however I heard they get all their ultimate back if they kill someone with it... and obviously if that is the case then they will always have this ultimate so readily available. Nonetheless the amount of damage it does is absolutely outrageous and the worst part is you will never know that you are about to get hit by it.

Nerf the damage, and then make an animation play out. This is not rocket science. It's common sense.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol incap hits twice as hard and cost 50 ultimate it doesn't need to be unblockable

You are so wrong. Let me tell you exactly why you are wrong in this aspect. Number 1 it is an aoe, not single target. Number 2 no animation plays out so you have no idea that you are standing in it. Number 3 let's start to talk about 2 ultimates such as soul assault and shooting star. My soul assault says it does 80k damage but it does not even hit half of that amount for PvP due to the fact that it hits for 1/3rd of that amount, and it can also be interrupted. Believe me I have tested this ultimate out on several players to see how much damage I can pull off. Then we have shooting star that can end someone if they don't block but even if you do not block they can still get back up and fight. Now let's talk about the eye of flame ultimate. Now let's talk about the damage it does... oh yeah my buddy got hit for 55k by this incredibly cheesy aoe ultimate. There is nothing you can say or do to convince me otherwise that this ultimate does not need a nerf. You and everyone else who disagrees with nerfing the damage either has an extremely warped sense of reality or you use it yourself and defend it even though you know it's op and cheesy.

Now I looked everywhere on the Internet and I could not find an "eye of the flame ultimate", however I heard they get all their ultimate back if they kill someone with it... and obviously if that is the case then they will always have this ultimate so readily available. Nonetheless the amount of damage it does is absolutely outrageous and the worst part is you will never know that you are about to get hit by it.

Nerf the damage, and then make an animation play out. This is not rocket science. It's common sense.

I dueled a sorc who was using it and I was able to fight him in the storm. If you cast a shield it will literally absorb all the damage even if you get cc'd you can break cc and just cast a shield again. I don't use it because I'm currently not using a destro staff, but I still favor soul tether or shooting star just for the flat out burst damage. That is just from a 1v1 or small scale open field perspective. I do agree that it is somewhat op but that's only for large scale battles
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. That restoration staff ultimate needs a massive nerf. It is completely unbalanced.
    Just like people falsely cried about 2H and Destro Ults, they massively underestimate the Resto Ulti. It's a very strong and cheap heal that allows a solo/duo people to survive things otherwise impossible.

Not even joking here, I love the Resto Ult.
  • SilentBoomstick
    SilentBoomstick
    ✭✭✭

Lol incap hits twice as hard and cost 50 ultimate it doesn't need to be unblockable

Incap is such a joke. I don't even use that ultimate anymore because everyone dodges it all the time. I used to be strongly against increasing the cost but now I don't care anymore because it is dodged to frequently. Now I use flawless dawnbreaker. I slot it on both sides for the 5% more damage dealt. There is nothing overpowered about incap. If you think it needs a nerf then please go play a nightblade and see how difficult this ultimate is to use.

Now let's stay on topic here. Eye of flame does a lot of damage. "Incap hits twice as hard". No it does not. Like I said before it is dodged a lot and if I do hit someone with it then it hits for about 8k if they are wearing impen. Eye of flame has hit for up to 55k as far as I know and there is no warning that you are standing inside of it.