The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Question] Quality level of crafter influences hireling material?

xericdx
xericdx
✭✭✭
Hi all,

For sure the level of material is influenced by the level of material you can craft.

However, I could not find a recent thread about quality of the tempers/aspect runes we can receive. Are they influenced by the crafter ability to use those materials or not?

I think that was not the case in the past but not sure if that was changed.

ps: am talking more specifically about blacksmith, clothing, enchanting.
Characters
Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
PC EU
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got golds when I was just starting out. However I've got more golds since I maxed out crafting lines. Could be in part to the passive when deconning but I'm getting more even in writ crates
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I receive VERY few Golds through the hirelings. MAYBE 1 a week.

I get a MINIMUM of one per day by doing writs on two max level crafters. Usually I get 2-3 per day

I have been getting a decent rate of return on refining, but I harvest EVERYTHING I see (It can be a real problem traveling from one place to another as a harvestaholic - it takes FOREVER get anywhere).
    Edited by Bouldercleave on October 31, 2016 8:12PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not from what I can tell. I have 3 mules at L6 to L13 with L3 Hirelings, and I get as many Golds and Purples on them as I do my max level characters with L3 Hirelings. Only one of these characters has any skill points other than hirelings specced into Crafting.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    I second Nestor. I have 4 characters with hirelings and only one of them is an actual crafter, so the most are getting the lvl 1 materials. I get gold tempers from the non-crafters just fine. Within the last week, I have gotten 2 gold tempers in the same shipment twice. Those were both from non-crafter characters. Getting kuta seems to be more rare for me than gold tempers in the clothing/smithing/woodworking, but that may just be my luck.

You aren't going to suddenly be rolling in gold tempers from having more hirelings, but they certainly help if you have the points to spare on multiple characters.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Tks for the answers!
    I know that hirelings are not a reliable source of good mats (rightfully so I think). But had a few spare points and was wondering if it was worth to invest just in hirelings. .. , guess it is :)
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU