Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Dual Wield NightBlade or Sorcerer Stamina Full Medium

Vaerth
Vaerth
✭✭✭✭
Which is better for a full stamina medium armor dual wield build? I am trying to start planning for a DW only (both bars) build but not quite sure what class would be best for this build. I will be playing as a Dunmer, full medium armor, and all points focused on Stamina.

So far it seems like Sorcerer would be great given the skills I have seen and the ultimate seems good for both bars for Storm Calling.
Pact Bloodwraith
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main is a stamblade but I play often with a guildmate who has a stamsorc.

I'd say the stamsorc has more survivability (critical surge, hurricane, ...). The stamblade will be more squishy, but will output a little more dps (pressure points, hemorrage, ...).

In the end, it's a matter of playstyle.
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zerok wrote: »
    My main is a stamblade but I play often with a guildmate who has a stamsorc.

I'd say the stamsorc has more survivability (critical surge, hurricane, ...). The stamblade will be more squishy, but will output a little more dps (pressure points, hemorrage, ...).

In the end, it's a matter of playstyle.

Thanks for the info buddy!
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have meta geared Stam Nightblade, Stam Templar and Stam Sorc, all Redguard, all run bow duel wield and for me Sorc is by far superior, great dmg and great survivability in both PVE and PVP, it was my last char to level and is now my main, love it, plus I have every skill leveled so if there are any major changes to Stam/magicka balance I have the best of both worlds in a simple respec.

Edited by elvenmad on October 31, 2016 3:50PM
    < PC - EU >
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    It depends wha you wanna do. If you wanna play ganky-ganky, in pvp or pve and like stealth and just wanna have fun, then roll a NB. If you wanna play mostly in solo, roll a stam sorc. I leveled one this weekend in the IC sewers and the self-healin from surge is just plain crazy. As long as you have outgoing damage, you will almost never die.
    If you want to play end-game group content, both are viable, but I think the stam sorc is the most powerful dps in the current meta (to be confirmed, but @Alcast mentionned this here : http://alcasthq.com/windwalker/). Also, Dunmer will most certainly be viable, but if you wanna min/max, roll a Khajit (more crits -> more dmg and more heals from surge) or a Redguard (more stam sustain. I did my first dungeons sunday night on my Khajit stam sorc and had more sustain problems thant I tought, even if I was running Dark Deal)
    However, if you wanna be competitive in group end-game content, I would advise you to level both dual wield and bow. 2 bars on dual wield is a waste and you have 2 very powerful DOTs in the bow tree. In addition, Overload is viable when leveling, but absolutely worthless in group content, since it scales from elemental dmg, spell crit and spell penetration in the Apprentice CP tree. As a stam, you will put all of your points in the Ritual tree. Instead, choose Rend from the DW tree and Flawless Dawnbreaker from the Fighters guild.
    And last but not least, the most important : Have Fun! (And I surely had a lot of fun as a stam sorc ;) )
    XBox One - NA
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    elvenmad wrote: »
    I have meta geared Stam Nightblade, Stam Templar and Stam Sorc, all Redguard, all run bow duel wield and for me Sorc is by far superior, great dmg and great survivability in both PVE and PVP, it was my last char to level and is now my main, love it, plus I have every skill leveled so if there are any major changes to Stam/magicka balance I have the best of both worlds in a simple respec.

This is good to hear, I like using stealth and Dark Brotherhood but I like to engage the fight in stealth and not have to keep up using Cloak for stuff. I would like to have great survival and DPS :)
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    It depends wha you wanna do. If you wanna play ganky-ganky, in pvp or pve and like stealth and just wanna have fun, then roll a NB. If you wanna play mostly in solo, roll a stam sorc. I leveled one this weekend in the IC sewers and the self-healin from surge is just plain crazy. As long as you have outgoing damage, you will almost never die.
    If you want to play end-game group content, both are viable, but I think the stam sorc is the most powerful dps in the current meta (to be confirmed, but @Alcast mentionned this here : http://alcasthq.com/windwalker/). Also, Dunmer will most certainly be viable, but if you wanna min/max, roll a Khajit (more crits -> more dmg and more heals from surge) or a Redguard (more stam sustain. I did my first dungeons sunday night on my Khajit stam sorc and had more sustain problems thant I tought, even if I was running Dark Deal)
    However, if you wanna be competitive in group end-game content, I would advise you to level both dual wield and bow. 2 bars on dual wield is a waste and you have 2 very powerful DOTs in the bow tree. In addition, Overload is viable when leveling, but absolutely worthless in group content, since it scales from elemental dmg, spell crit and spell penetration in the Apprentice CP tree. As a stam, you will put all of your points in the Ritual tree. Instead, choose Rend from the DW tree and Flawless Dawnbreaker from the Fighters guild.
    And last but not least, the most important : Have Fun! (And I surely had a lot of fun as a stam sorc ;) )

Very great information here, I will roll a Stam sorcerer with main bar DW and 2nd bar Bow. I can not really enjoy using a cat person and since Dunmer is my favor race (red eyes look great). I considered a Wood Elf until I discovered they are just way to short for my liking lmao. Plus the fire resist with Dunmer in this game seems great, since many encounters do have fire and Dunmer resist to fire seems great.

For ultimate, I thought Power overload would be good, but I am fine with using the DW ultimate and maybe the bow ultimate? The DW ultimate seems good but it is an AoE, what single target ultimate is good for bosses and such? I figured Rapid Fire for the high single target damage or maybe soul assault?
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »

Very great information here, I will roll a Stam sorcerer with main bar DW and 2nd bar Bow. I can not really enjoy using a cat person and since Dunmer is my favor race (red eyes look great). I considered a Wood Elf until I discovered they are just way to short for my liking lmao. Plus the fire resist with Dunmer in this game seems great, since many encounters do have fire and Dunmer resist to fire seems great.

For ultimate, I thought Power overload would be good, but I am fine with using the DW ultimate and maybe the bow ultimate? The DW ultimate seems good but it is an AoE, what single target ultimate is good for bosses and such? I figured Rapid Fire for the high single target damage or maybe soul assault?

Power overload works fine while leveling, i used it up until i had fighters guild rank 10 and got Dawnbreaker, leveling Fighters guild is not too bad, did the majority of my questing/grinding in coldharbor were every mob adds xp to fighters guild.

DW ultimate is pretty good too, not tried Bow uliti, but not something you will really need while leaving, power overload will be fine imo, Dawnbreaker is the ulti to really aim for.

main advice for stam sorc is get Surge asap and keep it up all the time, its a damage boost and the main thing every crit heals you
    < PC - EU >
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's sets are best combined on a pvp sorc
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    What's sets are best combined on a pvp sorc

I am interested to know as well
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which is better for a full stamina medium armor dual wield build? I am trying to start planning for a DW only (both bars) build but not quite sure what class would be best for this build. I will be playing as a Dunmer, full medium armor, and all points focused on Stamina.

So far it seems like Sorcerer would be great given the skills I have seen and the ultimate seems good for both bars for Storm Calling.

just in case you still want to make a DW-both-bar char, you could go Stam Temp due to the ranged abilities that do not require a weapon (if you invest even a little into Magicka) Javelin, Shard, Power Of Light and as a Temp you have your self-heals

obviously this will likely mean not maxing out Stamina, so you will not get the highest DPS but it could be fun to play
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭

just in case you still want to make a DW-both-bar char, you could go Stam Temp due to the ranged abilities that do not require a weapon (if you invest even a little into Magicka) Javelin, Shard, Power Of Light and as a Temp you have your self-heals

obviously this will likely mean not maxing out Stamina, so you will not get the highest DPS but it could be fun to play

My concern for max stamina is that I will not do enough DPS for dungeons.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I didn't like the idea of being a damn cat either, but seing all those crits pile up changed my mind :p . In addition, I got my first monster mask this weekend (Velidreth), so I'm not seeing this damn cat face anymore. There's just that stupid tail wiggling around, but I can live with that.

For the DW ultimate, look at it this way: with my current setup, it deals 33k dmg over 16 secs for around 130 ulti. It is HUGE. To my knowledge, no other ulti hits that much. In his video, @Alcast, with the Maelstrom weapons, buffed it to around 50k-60k 83k dmg (Edit: just rechecked video). Now this is just plain crazy. So, even if it is AoE, it is the best single-target ulti by far (maybe except for DK's Standard of Might). Plus, if the boss has some adds around, you will hit them also. But my best advise would be to try them all and judge by yourself.
    Edited by Swomp23 on November 1, 2016 3:33PM
    XBox One - NA
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I didn't like the idea of being a damn cat either, but seing all those crits pile up changed my mind :p . In addition, I got my first monster mask this weekend (Velidreth), so I'm not seeing this damn cat face anymore. There's just that stupid tail wiggling around, but I can live with that.

For the DW ultimate, look at it this way: with my current setup, it deals 33k dmg over 16 secs for around 130 ulti. It is HUGE. To my knowledge, no other ulti hits that much. In his video, @Alcast, with the Maelstrom weapons, buffed it to around 50k-60k dmg (can't remember). Now this is just plain crazy. So, even if it is AoE, it is the best single-target ulti by far (maybe except for DK's Standard of Might). Plus, if the boss has some adds around, you will hit them also. But my best advise would be to try them all and judge by yourself.

Very good information here as well! Really helps me identify my build prior, prep work is key in TES games!
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaerth

some very good info here, mostly for end game but it will give you insight on what skills to level and how to use, one point to mention he does not use surge because he uses damage potions instead.

http://alcasthq.com/windwalker/#1464162761293-9da8b590-d041

You can also use this site to see what skills morph into: http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/#f0,r0,c2;0:0:0:0:0:0;0:0:0:0:0:0;0;0,0,0;0,0,0;;0,0,0;0,0;

Edited by elvenmad on November 1, 2016 2:50PM
    < PC - EU >
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vaerth

some very good info here, mostly for end game but it will give you insight on what skills to level and how to use, one point to mention he does not use surge because he uses damage potions instead.

You can also use this site to see what skills morph into: http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/build-planer/#f0,r0,c2;0:0:0:0:0:0;0:0:0:0:0:0;0;0,0,0;0,0,0;;0,0,0;0,0;

I got to VR8 about 10 months ago, and recently returned to ESO. What I need to learn is food and potions, I never used them in any other TES or MMO for that matter, I hate relying on things like that and prefer just to play and enjoy the combat. I have been told recently that ESO is not for my type of play sadly lol. Apparently if I wish to play and be any good I have to have potions and f@Vaerth
    :(
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaerth

I got to VR8 about 10 months ago, and recently returned to ESO. What I need to learn is food and potions, I never used them in any other TES or MMO for that matter, I hate relying on things like that and prefer just to play and enjoy the combat. I have been told recently that ESO is not for my type of play sadly lol. Apparently if I wish to play and be any good I have to have potions and f@Vaerth

You dont need to rely on potions, they just mean you can replace some skills on your bars for other ones as the potions apply the buffs instead of the skills, its no biggie, more about min maxing. I myself only use potions in group hard modes, I dont need them in anything else same with food and I spend a lot of time soloing dungeons and pledges.

Food is also not a must have but Provisioning is very easy to level and the food increases your stats slightly, again no biggie but handy to have.
    < PC - EU >
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vaerth

You dont need to rely on potions, they just mean you can replace some skills on your bars for other ones as the potions apply the buffs instead of the skills, its no biggie, more about min maxing. I myself only use potions in group hard modes, I dont need them in anything else same with food and I spend a lot of time soloing dungeons and pledges.

Food is also not a must have but Provisioning is very easy to level and the food increases your stats slightly, again no biggie but handy to have.

Little easier to read this than what I was told in game. I was pretty much told that if I do not use foods or potions I might as well not play past level 50 lol. I manage to get to VR8 on my Nightblade and never ONCE used a potion or any food

Guess I would have been better had I used
    Edited by Vaerth on November 1, 2016 3:18PM
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can (probably) manage without food or potions in normal dungeons.

However, don't do this to your teammates in veteran dungeons...
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vaerth

Little easier to read this than what I was told in game. I was pretty much told that if I do not use foods or potions I might as well not play past level 50 lol. I manage to get to VR8 on my Nightblade and never ONCE used a potion or any food

Guess I would have been better had I used

i guess its more about what you want, do you want to have fun and enjoy the game or do you want to be the best of the best ?

For me personally its more about fun, there's no point playing if you don't enjoy it. All the 'min maxing' comes later if you want to be more serious, but for me fun and enjoyment always comes first and making the most of what i have got not having the best of the best. As for food and potions you can always craft or buy them anyway so again its no biggie .

I see 100's of players with terrible gear, using wrong skills etc, but their having fun which is what online gaming is all about.
    < PC - EU >
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my 2 cents:
    Food is absolutely paramount. It will buff your health and stam for about 6k, which is almost 50% for hp. On the bright side, provisionning is very easy to level and you can buy the recipes you want in guild stores.

Potions seem to be very important in end-game content (vet trials and hard-mode vet dungeons) but are VERY expensive. I don't really bother with them, just use stam pots I loot for the norm dungeons I'm doing now. I still advise you to level alchemy, as the Medicinal Use passive is very handy.
    XBox One - NA