The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Imperial Stamplar.....DPS or Tank (or both) ?

Bardon
Bardon
Soul Shriven
Hey there,

Not really new to the game in terms of hours spent, but still pretty oblivious to most things.

My first and currently only character originally being level 41 Imperial Templar and focused towards One-Handed and Bow in PvE, is now a champion 121 thanks to Witch's festival with all the other weapon, armor and templar skill lines maxed out in rank as well. (except Light armor and Staffs)

I've favored the Bow as my secondary from the beginning so its kinda a given that I'm leaning towards a stamina build, but I'm having trouble deciding my primary out of Two Handed and One Handed. They both have their pros and cons, the former being a huge damage dealer thanks to its ultimate and the latter being more versatile and defensive.

For a while I assumed that it'd be possible to make a Hybrid build (that did healing, tanking and dealt enough damage), but instead after looking at the total skill points I skimmed on everything, I ironically ended up being a jack of all trades but master of none. :expressionless:

Needless to say, I'll be redistributing them along with my champion points once I get enough answers for me to decide. But yeah, please share some advice on what you think would be best for me in my current state. I still think its more ideal for me to be a proper tank, but I rather first get some insight on which combination of the two weapon skill lines is better for my build here and how. Same goes for my choices in the Templar skill lines to work with it.
  • threefarms
    threefarms
    ✭✭✭
    My Imperial Stamina Templar kicks ass. Tank will work perfectly fine as well, but the Templar tank will struggle more so than the dragon knight at the vet trial level (Which most people don't ever do anyway). I suggest the stam dps though. You can outfit a build for pvp or pve and have fun either way. I suggest you look at Alcast's builds.
  • Bardon
    Bardon
    Soul Shriven
    I mainly just need to sort out my skillpoints, champion and attributes till I reach 160. The armor sets ain't much of a concern here, though I am looking into Plague Doctor and Red Mountain atm.

I checked out Alcast, Deltia, Tamriel Foundry and ESO academy, neither of them have any updated builds with Bow as a secondary after One Tamriel hit the game. Oh and to further emphasize on my character being stamina focused, he's also a werewolf too.
    Edited by Bardon on November 1, 2016 8:10AM