Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infernal Guardian has secrets?

Hortator Indoril Nerevar
Hortator Indoril Nerevar
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

So I noticed that the Infernal Guardian set procs off of more than just casting a shield ability and I wanted to share that information with everyone so that the people who know how to test the numbers can have a look into it and see if the set is something that can be used or if its rubbish for pve. Check out the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQUbpabgYIs

I personally think it is not as good as the other BiS sets but like I said I have not tested it like some of the maths users will. I will say however that it procs often and hits like a truck when you manage to position yourself. HOWEVER if you dont position well it can be wasted, it takes away the enchant of 350ish SP which normally goes on weapons, it wont be used on VMA weapons and also takes away the other monster sets you could use.

Considering a lot of people dont have VMA weapons and even less a sharpened VMA the maths really comes down to... Is the common proc it gives off better than 350SP + Valk or Groth etc?

Anyways its probably nothing but I want people to know and look into it for build variation.

PEACE!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting for sure,gonna try back bar enchant see how it goes.
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    interesting for sure,gonna try back bar enchant see how it goes.

oh yea forgot about that aye
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh. That's pretty cool!

If you back bar the enchant, you don't even have to worry about losing the weapon damage one on your front bar, which makes this even more interesting. The rotation of your character would have to include a bar swap every 6 seconds, which means simply recasting Wall of Elements and light attacking happen more often. :)
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic1007 wrote: »
    Huh. That's pretty cool!

If you back bar the enchant, you don't even have to worry about losing the weapon damage one on your front bar, which makes this even more interesting. The rotation of your character would have to include a bar swap every 6 seconds, which means simply recasting Wall of Elements and light attacking happen more often. :)

yea completly forgot about that aye
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didnt think of using enchant. Brilliant.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks interesting
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you the guy in the video? because a guy with that exact character name, at a dolman today, continually spat on my character and called me ugly. some enlightenment would be nice
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if it procs off of the Cold Staff heavy attack or sets that give you a shield. Cool find.
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to test it with the Hatchling Shell set which gives you a constant ~4k shield.... do you turn into a crazy mortar firing volcano !??! LOL :D
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dpencil wrote: »
    I wonder if it procs off of the Cold Staff heavy attack or sets that give you a shield. Cool find.

It does (well, it did on PTS) and no, @dem0n1k it fires on shield instantiation, not the whole time it's up.
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesnt proc on cold hvy on live
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So after testing a bit, it procs about every 3-4 medium attacks,it's cool to incorporate into your weaving but the dps loss is noticeable. Back bar is best spot and I wouldn't use obviously in a vet trial setting. Best moment was burning down the daedroth boss in COA, made the adds melt pretty faat
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GDOFWR420 wrote: »

:smile:

looks interesting

I think that is all it is though sadly :(
    are you the guy in the video? because a guy with that exact character name, at a dolman today, continually spat on my character and called me ugly. some enlightenment would be nice

I sure am, you got baited really hard man. I saw you and your girlfriend did one spit animation and you lost your mind. I literally only did it because I think the wolf costume is really ugly and you both had it on (I even use the auto emote and though it was bucket splash but the last one I did was spit so it just did it again) but as soon as you go so defensive.. well the rest wrote itself lol.. of course im going to spam the animation..

Just a bit of fun at people who take things to heavy haha. Relax, wear a alliance hood and youll get immune to joke spits.

I wonder that as well, if the set procs a shield and does not keep it on 100% I think it might.
    dem0n1k wrote: »
    Someone needs to test it with the Hatchling Shell set which gives you a constant ~4k shield.... do you turn into a crazy mortar firing volcano !??! LOL :D

That would be epic but sadly someone said it does not :(
    glavius wrote: »

Really? Maybe I was wrong and it doesnt proc on heavy destros. I know it does on lights.
    So after testing a bit, it procs about every 3-4 medium attacks,it's cool to incorporate into your weaving but the dps loss is noticeable. Back bar is best spot and I wouldn't use obviously in a vet trial setting. Best moment was burning down the daedroth boss in COA, made the adds melt pretty faat

Yea I figured it would be nothing special but something interesting. I knew the shoulder I keep getting in devines (infernal) would be not very good in pve haha :pensive:

Thanks for all the research people have done so far everyone. So far it looks interesting but nothing special (kind of figured it would be). None the less its something cool looking (animation/effect).
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    looks good but comes at the cost of using a maelstrom or masters weapon :/
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks interesting

I sure am, you got baited really hard man. I saw you and your girlfriend did one spit animation and you lost your mind. I literally only did it because I think the wolf costume is really ugly and you both had it on (I even use the auto emote and though it was bucket splash but the last one I did was spit so it just did it again) but as soon as you go so defensive.. well the rest wrote itself lol.. of course im going to spam the animation..

Just a bit of fun at people who take things to heavy haha. Relax, wear a alliance hood and youll get immune to joke spits.

I wonder that as well, if the set procs a shield and does not keep it on 100% I think it might.

Really? Maybe I was wrong and it doesnt proc on heavy destros. I know it does on lights.

Yea I figured it would be nothing special but something interesting. I knew the shoulder I keep getting in devines (infernal) would be not very good in pve haha :pensive:

Thanks for all the research people have done so far everyone. So far it looks interesting but nothing special (kind of figured it would be). None the less its something cool looking (animation/effect).

uh I am the 'girlfriend' and that was my friend not my boyfriend. Thanks for being randomly rude to me and all.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks interesting

uh I am the 'girlfriend' and that was my friend not my boyfriend. Thanks for being randomly rude to me and all.

He was the one who said girlfriend, not me.

I did a emote in a game, im the devil and should die irl.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks interesting

The fact that you would approach someone you don't know and were not bothering you and spam the spit emote (which was not once like you said) speaks volumes about your character and the type of person you are, you don't need me to tell you that you are the devil or you should go get Glenn'd. I just wanted to know if you were someone butthurt from PVP or something. Good to know you're just a random tosser.
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks interesting

The fact that you would approach someone you don't know and were not bothering you and spam the spit emote (which was not once like you said) speaks volumes about your character and the type of person you are, you don't need me to tell you that you are the devil or you should go get Glenn'd. I just wanted to know if you were someone butthurt from PVP or something. Good to know you're just a random tosser.

I used a emote in a game. End of drama.

I did say I "spammed" it above. I never hid that. Why didnt I hide it? Because its a emote who cares.

PVP? I dont pvp I am actually trying to 100% pve achivs and dont pvp ever.

Conclusion: You should not be on the internet because if someone doing the "spit" emote triggers you than I am worried someone who actually is a *** will run into you and make you want to kill yourself.

Have a great day.
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADMIN:Please come clean up the thread. Someone is offended over nothing. I think its a world first.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭

That is just brilliant! I may have to test this out now. :)
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADMIN:Please come clean up the thread. Someone is offended over nothing. I think its a world first.

You started off so well. Shame really, not helping the image of the endgame community. Not to mention thread derailment gets threads closed...

On topic, not my cup of tea. Will stick to llambris for less RNG.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks interesting

I did say I "spammed" it above. I never hid that. Why didnt I hide it? Because its a emote who cares.

Conclusion: You should not be on the internet because if someone doing the "spit" emote triggers you than I am worried someone who actually is a *** will run into you and make you want to kill yourself.

Have a great day.

How is it triggered to ask you why you spat on me repeatedly and called me ugly? How is standing up for myself indicative of someone who will kill themselves if someone pretends to spit on me? I'm just calling you out on your random act of rudeness and you start calling for the admins. Way to really demonstrate what being triggered is.
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

You started off so well. Shame really, not helping the image of the endgame community. Not to mention thread derailment gets threads closed...

On topic, not my cup of tea. Will stick to llambris for less RNG.

Yea I heard thats a good option for sorc, im still using groth.

As for the other part? Seriously lol, they came in mad about a emote being used in a mmo lol..
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks interesting

Have a great day.

How is it triggered to ask you why you spat on me repeatedly and called me ugly? How is standing up for myself indicative of someone who will kill themselves if someone pretends to spit on me? I'm just calling you out on your random act of rudeness and you start calling for the admins. Way to really demonstrate what being triggered is.

Ok.
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks interesting

Have a great day.

Popcorn time so soon?

giphy.gif
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

looks interesting

Have a great day.

You really are a prick.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »

looks interesting

Have a great day.

Popcorn time so soon?

giphy.gif

Go light on the salt, it will be provided.
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3588dc1b2b72593f202427ab529ef890.jpg

In other "news" I got a single meteor to proc for a 20k crit.
    Edited by Hortator Indoril Nerevar on November 1, 2016 5:38PM
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let it go and stop de-railing the thread. We get it, OP was rude, the world will stop turning because of this...

People got their feelings hurt, mean things have been said, let it go and move on. It's the Internet, ish happens...
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol this thread was interesting till someone went out of there way to bring something that wasn't even on topic into the pool. Good video OP I kinda wanted to try this set but I'd rather not give up my maelstrom weapons, I do wish it proc'd off of heavy cold staff attacks.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l