Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Issue with Soul Assault

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Granting CC immunity, preventing cloak, and being un-interruptable were good changes. Now here's the bad:

For one, it didn't need a damage buff. The damage was already crazy strong. My biggest gripe however is the fact that you cannot dodge it. If you're magicka, you can just spam shields, and continue with your day. If you're SnS you can just block it, and shrug it off. If You're medium armor however, you just die. This move needs to be dodge-able just like the bow Ultimate is. The fact that it can wreck just about every medium armor builds effortlessly is not balanced.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL!
  • LeifErickson
    LeifErickson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how they add an ability that destroys a dying armor type and makes heavy armor even better.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how they add an ability that destroys a dying armor type and makes heavy armor even better.

I really feel like I'm gimping myself by continuing to wear medium armor. If you're not a Nightblade, it's a near death sentance stepping foot in Cyrodiil without heavy armor
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While using soulassault you might be cc immune and so on but you can still take damage. In a 1v1 situation soulassault might be good but when facing multiple enemies you´re done if you use SA (believe me I´ve experienced it as a templar using it a lot). U
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire point of SA's buffs was to make it a harder counter to people using dodgeroll

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been dueling today and I'm convinced that Soul Assault is 100% for trolling. I'm literally able to just mash someone face in with sweeps+jesus beam and do more damage than the person soul assaulting me...
    The entire point of SA's buffs was to make it a harder counter to people using dodgeroll

Yeah, but those people don't want their easy mode defensive strategy to get countered, its the same reason that they hate jesus beam
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 31, 2016 3:25PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can I get an ultimate that kills anyone in heavy armor or an opponent spamming damage shields with just one use? I'll gladly save the 100 ultimate for it.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »

I really feel like I'm gimping myself by continuing to wear medium armor. If you're not a Nightblade, it's a near death sentance stepping foot in Cyrodiil without heavy armor

Pretty much. Heavy armor is just too powerful not too use.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medium armor main defence is dodge... just leaving that here.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Been dueling today and I'm convinced that Soul Assault is 100% for trolling. I'm literally able to just mash someone face in with sweeps+jesus beam and do more damage than the person soul assaulting me...

Yeah, but those people don't want their easy mode defensive strategy to get countered, its the same reason that they hate jesus beam

Oh look, a magicka user stating that they have no issue with SA. Easy mode isn't spamming dodge roll; easy mode is spamming shields, and bringing your health to full with one breath of life.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Medium armor main defence is dodge... just leaving that here.

You should try dodging SA. Let me know how that works out for ya.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh look, a magicka user stating that they have no issue with SA. Easy mode isn't spamming dodge roll; easy mode is spamming shields, and bringing your health to full with one breath of life.

Spamming shields is a horrible idea you'll drain all your magicka. if a magicka user is spamming shields he's probably in a very bad spot and is most likely going to die. Dodge roll is much better than shields in open world PvP. And let's not act like rally and vigor won't bring you back up to full HP. Soul assault is still a very bad ultimate it only works if you are outnumbered. Also it's horrible to use the ability if you are outnumbered yourself
    Edited by thankyourat on October 31, 2016 6:07PM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can I get an ultimate that kills anyone in heavy armor or an opponent spamming damage shields with just one use? I'll gladly save the 100 ultimate for it.

2H ulti/Dawnbreaker, the way you see SA is the way people in heavy see the 2H ulti and people running magic see Dawnbreaker

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • aidenmoore
    aidenmoore
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's stopping Medium Armor from blocking while getting hit with Soul Assault?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Gorrag gro-Gar - Dragonknight ( Vehemence )
    YT : Gorrag gro-Gar
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aidenmoore wrote: »

And it even gets better, while blocking they can continue to attack the beamer, who himself is unable to block during the channel.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same, came up against a lot of people using it on the PTS when the changes were first introduced and can't say I died to it once, as both mag NB and stam DK. Maybe it's better in group situations where you can sit back and channel it, but it was pretty easy for me to just power through it with Vigor+Rally/Annulment and then hit them with my ult.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, I don't get the problem I'm running stamina NB right now and I block it. Simple as that.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s the only thing keeping trippleprocc builds in check. I´d rather not have it changed before we get a change to proccsets.

Viper + widowmaker + selene/veli/tremor is really bad. Atleast it has an easy to use counter that´s equally powerful against the requirement of 5 medium armor.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nothing, I block while having Rally and Vigor active, and unless I have around 60% of my max health I'm dead.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    It´s the only thing keeping trippleprocc builds in check. I´d rather not have it changed before we get a change to proccsets.

Viper + widowmaker + selene/veli/tremor is really bad. Atleast it has an easy to use counter that´s equally powerful against the requirement of 5 medium armor.

Incorrect. SA is no big deal against heavy armored proc sets or against shields stacking magicka characters. It's just an easy win against medium armored builds. All this move is doing is making more and more stam characters switch to heavy.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This, I don't get the problem I'm running stamina NB right now and I block it. Simple as that.

Then you're fighting some weak opponents. Try fighting someone with decent damage.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, please, cry me a river about your poor stamblade. What do you think how we shield users think about Shieldbreaker? How magicka users feel about stuns, roots and blocks. How good it feels to have 90% of your projectiles dodged, evaded or reflected. Stam builds are OP as hell and require the same hard counters magicka had. You want advice, buddy? Get good, make use of your class strength (it's gank and pressure for NBs) and don't rely on Wroebel giving you godmode every single update. In short, learn to play the Meta you've been granted.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Spamming shields is a horrible idea you'll drain all your magicka. if a magicka user is spamming shields he's probably in a very bad spot and is most likely going to die. Dodge roll is much better than shields in open world PvP. And let's not act like rally and vigor won't bring you back up to full HP. Soul assault is still a very bad ultimate it only works if you are outnumbered. Also it's horrible to use the ability if you are outnumbered yourself

Oh my mag blade my soul assault from stealth will kill someone in medium twice over.

Best way to use it is after they proc their 1 time rally. Rally is only for if it's been on you got a few seconds. Vigor will not out heal my soul assault.

You can still block it though. It's going to still hurt a lot, but it does help.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Oh, please, cry me a river about your poor stamblade. What do you think how we shield users think about Shieldbreaker? How magicka users feel about stuns, roots and blocks. How good it feels to have 90% of your projectiles dodged, evaded or reflected. Stam builds are OP as hell and require the same hard counters magicka had. You want advice, buddy? Get good, make use of your class strength (it's gank and pressure for NBs) and don't rely on Wroebel giving you godmode every single update. In short, learn to play the Meta you've been granted.

Your comment is way too whiney to take serious. Take some naproxen sodium, then re-think your response.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your comment is way too whiney to take serious. Take some naproxen sodium, then re-think your response.

Wait, aren't you the dude who made a thread just to complain about an ultimate and keeps arguing with people offering advice and insight? That's the definition of crying, dear.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wait, aren't you the dude who made a thread just to complain about an ultimate and keeps arguing with people offering advice and insight? That's the definition of crying, dear.

Arguing a point, and having an emotional outburst are two different things.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

He has a point. I can't count how many threads people tell you to 'slot radiant!' to deal with rabid, out of control stam nightblades.

So. We have to slot the useless crappy morph of a guild skill that many of us depend on, waste a bar slot, and take a 5% damage and shield reduction just to get one shot ganked regardless?

To stop SA spam, go sword and board and use the new shield ult! How does crippling *your* build sound for a change?
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

He has a point. I can't count how many threads people tell you to 'slot radiant!' to deal with rabid, out of control stam nightblades.

So. We have to slot the useless crappy morph of a guild skill that many of us depend on, waste a bar slot, and take a 5% damage and shield reduction just to get one shot ganked regardless?

To stop SA spam, go sword and board and use the new shield ult! How does crippling *your* build sound for a change?

Well slotting a single ability is drastically different then slotting a different weapon; so I wouldn't call slot mage light "crippling". As far as dealing with cloak: on Nightblades I slot piercing mark, on DKs I use talons, on Templars I just jab lol (Templars have it so easy), with my stam sorc I use hurricane.

Here's thing, SA does twice as much damage as the bow ultimate, cost nearly half as much, and unlike the bow ultimate you can't dodge it. SA needs to be brought in line with the bow ultimate; another single target channeling ultimate.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Incorrect. SA is no big deal against heavy armored proc sets or against shields stacking magicka characters. It's just an easy win against medium armored builds. All this move is doing is making more and more stam characters switch to heavy.

Yeah, you're just wrong. Soul Assault and Radiant Oppression are about the only things keeping heavy armor proc sets even mildly in check.

Nobody is using SA to stop medium armor builds because no one cares about medium armor builds anymore. You're just cannon fodder at this point and getting in the way of our blue cannons aimed at the heavy armor guy next to you.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Well slotting a single ability is drastically different then slotting a different weapon; so I wouldn't call slot mage light "crippling". As far as dealing with cloak: on Nightblades I slot piercing mark, on DKs I use talons, on Templars I just jab lol (Templars have it so easy), with my stam sorc I use hurricane.

Here's thing, SA does twice as much damage as the bow ultimate, cost nearly half as much, and unlike the bow ultimate you can't dodge it. SA needs to be brought in line with the bow ultimate; another single target channeling ultimate.

Then neither would be used, bow ult should be brought into line with SA imo
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds