Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Good ways for crafters to make money?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm already aware that crafting writs are a thing, but they only get me 6K each day, and that's not nearly quick enough.

Sell materials? I could, but then I'd have nothing to craft stuff with.

There's also selling items I make via guild stores, but unless you've got a vendor in a good spot, there's no guarantee people are even going to see the stuff you're selling.

I'm looking for something that's more reliable than the guild store, something that won't involve wasting mats, and something that gets more money than writs. Any ideas?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you already mentioned it, but I find that selling refined mats like Rubedite Ingot and Ancestor Silk is faster, easier money that actually crafting gear. You can offer your services for crafted gear in zone but after you factor in your time investment and communication back and forth with the buyer, it's rarely worth the effort when you can just post stacks of mats in the store and let them sell passively while you do other things.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know you already mentioned it, but I find that selling refined mats like Rubedite Ingot and Ancestor Silk is faster, easier money that actually crafting gear. You can offer your services for crafted gear in zone but after you factor in your time investment and communication back and forth with the buyer, it's rarely worth the effort when you can just post stacks of mats in the store and let them sell passively while you do other things.

Only 1 issue with this: since 1 tam, rubedo and silk is super cheap. a stack of 200 rubedo goes for like 4-5k and its dropping
  • Awakatanka
    Awakatanka
    ✭✭
    Crafters can not make good money in this game.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

Only 1 issue with this: since 1 tam, rubedo and silk is super cheap. a stack of 200 rubedo goes for like 4-5k and its dropping

Very true. In general I make more gold just running dungeons and selling ornate gear and deconning purple and higher. There is very little gold to be made from crafting in this game. Many people either do it themselves or have a friend that will do it free/cheap. Selling crafted wares through the store or zone is just not going to get you anywhere fast.
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This whole thing worries me. Crafting gear for other players should be a good way to make money, yet there's never a good way of getting customers.

Perhaps that's something that needs fixing.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Caipiroska
    There are 2 things i'm doing as a crafter:

1- buy kutas for 4.5k each one and sell the glyph that gives spell damage to rings/necklase (i don't rememberthe name) for 8.5k (if its in guild store then u earn like 7.8k . If u sell 10 u get like 30k gold and those are sold fast.

2- farm kutas, each kuta u farm is worth 7k (lets say repora + makderi are worth 800 gold)

Edited by Caipiroska on October 31, 2016 1:06PM