The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I dont do damage in pvp

smashcats
smashcats
✭✭✭
Is there something I'm missing? even in azura non cp i just cant seem to do dmg to anybody lol, like even a khajiit magicka sorc I saw one time was barely even taking dmg not blocking anything and I see my stuff crit for 17k+ off trash but I just cant seem to get any real dmg above 2-3k hits on any player, it feels really strange and making me not want to try which is sad cause pvp is all i really wanted to do in this game

I know this sounds totally pathetic and based off what i've seen other people can do I know I must be doing something wrong but, im not really seeing what it is.
Edited by smashcats on October 28, 2016 11:21PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    smashcats wrote: »
    Is there something I'm missing? even in azura non cp i just cant seem to do dmg to anybody lol, like even a khajiit magicka sorc I saw one time was barely even taking dmg not blocking anything and I see my stuff crit for 17k+ off trash but I just cant seem to get any real dmg above 2-3k hits on any player, it feels really strange and making me not want to try which is sad cause pvp is all i really wanted to do in this game

It's a learning curve. On your build, when to use specific skills, when to fight and when to defend, how to defend. I fight guys with lower ranks than me and lose. It happens sometimes some skills crit and change the fight. Your build is 40% of the fight, knowing what your doing being 50% and luck being the other 10%.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, get an add on with a combat log. (FTC, AUI, LUA, they're all the same to me). See what's happening.

Did you hit a shield?
    Did he dodge your attack?
    Was the attack reflected?
    Was he running shuffle?
    Was the damage healed as fast as you applied it?
    Was the damage blocked?

Second off, post your class and build up here. Maybe we can help.
    Edited by Minalan on October 28, 2016 11:29PM
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends a lot but i can at least say that damage and healing(and shielding) are 50% reduced in pvp.

Champion points allocations, their resists, your penetration, sets and skills they use etc all affect your damage. 3k noncrit dmg per hit seems normal. Maybe little bit lower though, 4-5k would be more right. But it's magicka build after all, magicka dont have high burst dmg.
    Edited by Soris on October 28, 2016 11:38PM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know this sounds totally pathetic and based off what i've seen other people can do I know I must be doing something wrong but, im not really seeing what it is.

Watch some PvP magsorc builds on YouTube. Your stats are probably low. See what gear they are using and look at their base stats
  • smashcats
    smashcats
    ✭✭✭
    Thats the most disgusting thing ive ever heard.....everything is cut in half in pvp?...... wtf
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the most disgusting thing ive ever heard.....everything is cut in half in pvp?...... wtf

If we all did pve damage to each other we would all need a lot more health lol.
    PC | EU
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    - Khajiit are a stamina race. You're behind the curve already.
    - Lots of people wear impenetrable gear reducing critical damage. If you put on gear, skills or champion points that increase your base damage (instead of your critical damage) you might fair better.
    - Your gear in general matters a ton. Are you in a matched gold set with 2 monster pieces? Those people on YouTube are.
    - Situation matters a ton as well. I'm a Templar, so I'll use that for my example. I can hit an NPC with Radiant Oppression at full health and it might tick below 5000. Meanwhile if they are in execution range ticks above 40000 are quite common.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on October 29, 2016 10:50AM
  • smashcats
    smashcats
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if I made it confusing but I'm not a khajiit sorc lol, that was my example of the opponent I was up against not taking any damage from me
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, can you give us an example of what you play, your gear and just a brief description of the skills you use?
  • Rainingblood
    Rainingblood
    ✭✭✭
    Aye, just posting that you can't do any damage, without any details will make it hard to give you any solid reasons or advice.

Post your class, build, CP allocation, etc and you might get some help.
    Phoebe Anderson
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Contact @Wrobel.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Contact @Wrobel.

@Wrobel doesn't care. He's a magicka Sorc.
    Edited by Minalan on October 30, 2016 6:47PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whisper Shadowgrabber, he'll be happy to teach you how to make damage.
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    If you're AD, you could hook up with Children of Hircine in Trueflame, NA PC. They train newbies and pugs and will help with your builds. Ask in zone chat. Also you could google Deltia's Gaming and check out his pvp build videos to get an idea of how stuff works.
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium
    Oscillation Overthruster -|- Molag Trump
    Kira the Gelfling -|- Varag Ghoul-Chewer
    Buffy the Purple Slayer -|- Hostile Seventeen

OTG
    Ayrenn's Army
    AD Only
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If we could all hit PvE tooltip damage on each other it would literallly be a game of who presses their damage button first. Health pools wouldn't matter because every ability would oneshot you anyway.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @smashcats It would help if you were to give your stats, skills, gear and well the things you generally do in combat.
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you hit people with shields up you will damage their shield only. You have to ware through the shield before you can damage them. Also if you are not running anything to increase penetration then people with high physical or spell resist, will reduce the damage you do.

Its takes a little work to get everything dialed in.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Probably it's the battle spirit. It halves damage compared to tool tip. Healing is also halved and each char receives 5K more health.
    Edited by Asardes on October 31, 2016 2:56PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t listen to a majority of what people telling you in this game anymore. It’s all lies. Just use a broken build that can deal just as much as they can take. Easy. They won’t tell you what build to use for your class because they don’t want everyone using the broken set up to win. Everytime more than the select number of people figure it out they change the game again.
    Edited by Yamakaziing on August 24, 2018 12:32PM
  • Jinchuu
    Jinchuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^A 2 year necro just to spill some of the saltiest tears I've ever seen, thanks for the laughs.
    Unless you are willing to be a mindless sycophant and/or coddle others due to their insecurities prepare to be harrased by the Orwellian enforcers on these forums. You should also try to refrain from using any words more complex than those used by a small child due to the fact that said enforcers have made it clear that their vocabulary pool is aenemic.
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Nah this game is destroyed. People still play it but it’s a complete joke. I love how people defend it when it clearly caters to the worst kind of bs. Can go from super tank, super healer, to doing tons of damage, to account getting bugged and can barely anymore. Don’t fall this crap
    Edited by Yamakaziing on August 24, 2018 2:18PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nah this game is destroyed. People still play it but it’s a complete joke. I love how people defend it when it clearly caters to the worst kind of bs. Can go from super tank, super healer, to doing tons of damage, to account getting bugged and can barely anymore. Don’t fall this crap

The why are you here? Just askin. . .
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Yamakaziing
    Yamakaziing
    ✭✭✭
    Lol uhh because I know the broken builds I just don’t use them
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now sorc neither has the sustain to wear their opponent down nor the ability to land combos on their opponent. I don't call that balance. Streak is a poor cc unless you pair it with a meteor... also why is sorcs bis ult not a class one?

So from my mainly pvp perspective:

Streak needs to be fixed. It has terrain issues. It snares the user. It is unidirectional. I think it should not have stacking cost if you target someone with an attack a few seconds after you cast it. The reason I say this is if you get rooted by a dk you have to streak whatever direction you get stuck in. Thus meaning you'll never be able to hit the dk with your streak.

Ultimates... not sure where to go from there but give sorcs options. Our single target ult is slow and prone to issues due to latency.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Contact @Wrobel.

@Wrobel doesn't care. He's a magicka Sorc.

Sorry if I touch a fiber but wasn't he a (bad) magplar?

xD
    Edited by Xvorg on August 24, 2018 3:59PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t listen to a majority of what people telling you in this game anymore. It’s all lies. Just use a broken build that can deal just as much as they can take. Easy. They won’t tell you what build to use for your class because they don’t want everyone using the broken set up to win. Everytime more than the select number of people figure it out they change the game again.

hmm, there are tons of options to build and do dmg while keeping you alive.

One of my favorites is the CC+fast attack magblade. It doesn't require a defensive set, just knowing how to count to six:

0- Cast Merc Ressolve.
    1- Use a CC like flame reach or cripple. Count six secs
    2- Use strife while weaving light attacks. You must count 5 LA
    3- If you haven't reached 5 on LA, but you have already counted 6 secs, try to get the 5th LA.
    4- Apply CC again (ideally reach), an then fire Assa will

that's all.

Off course, you need cloak to avoid dmg and to attack your enemy from blind spots

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

One of my favorites is the CC+fast attack magblade. It doesn't require a defensive set, just knowing how to count to six:

0- Cast Merc Ressolve.
    3- If you haven't reached 5 on LA, but you have already counted 6 secs, try to get the 5th LA.

that's all.

Off course, you need cloak to avoid dmg and to attack your enemy from blind spots

OP's post is two years old my dude, he's already quit ESO and is spending his dough on Kittycrates in the Hello Kitty Island Adventure MMO; sends my kid hate tells all the time.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

0- Cast Merc Ressolve.

that's all.

OP's post is two years old my dude, he's already quit ESO and is spending his dough on Kittycrates in the Hello Kitty Island Adventure MMO; sends my kid hate tells all the time.

well, necromancers always trick me into their games =(

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

0- Cast Merc Ressolve.

that's all.

well, necromancers always trick me into their games =(

Sounds like a l2p issue to me
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably one of the funnier necros I've seen.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."