The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Most fun) Nightblade or Sorcerer?

Niveus
Niveus
Soul Shriven
I just started playing and I can't decide between the two. Which one should I play purely for the enjoyment factor?
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magicka nightblade for sure, keep in mind its not the best only the most fun
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭
    Niveus wrote: »
    I just started playing and I can't decide between the two. Which one should I play purely for the enjoyment factor?

Depends on how you like too play,what gear sets you run etc... I have 2 nightblades 1 stam 1 magic and 1 magic sorc. Are you pveing?pvping? At there most basic nightblades are more fun for stealthy quick pvp fights. Get in do alot of damage and get out or stay back with a bow. Sorcs are a good combo for ranged dps/support healing. Both can do alot ofdps if built right. Ability wise i prefer both my nightblades,especially for solo questing. That said I usually prefer my sorc in pvp. He does less dps then my nb's but has significantly better survivability. If your pveing a sorc pet builds pretty fun if your pvpeing a nightnlades likely the best way too go especially if its a stam build. All in all its a mix for me. Right nows a good time too experiment because of the witches festival 2xp. Try both out now and see what you like best. You can always keep both and work on one later. Hope this helps.
  • Niveus
    Niveus
    Soul Shriven

Depends on how you like too play,what gear sets you run etc... I have 2 nightblades 1 stam 1 magic and 1 magic sorc. Are you pveing?pvping? At there most basic nightblades are more fun for stealthy quick pvp fights. Get in do alot of damage and get out or stay back with a bow. Sorcs are a good combo for ranged dps/support healing. Both can do alot ofdps if built right. Ability wise i prefer both my nightblades,especially for solo questing. That said I usually prefer my sorc in pvp. He does less dps then my nb's but has significantly better survivability. If your pveing a sorc pet builds pretty fun if your pvpeing a nightnlades likely the best way too go especially if its a stam build. All in all its a mix for me. Right nows a good time too experiment because of the witches festival 2xp. Try both out now and see what you like best. You can always keep both and work on one later. Hope this helps.
    I'm mainly interested in pve. I just want to hear some opinions from the people here, before I roll a class that I might not like.
  • Andohir
    Andohir
    ✭✭✭
    I'm mainly interested in pve. I just want to hear some opinions from the people here, before I roll a class that I might not like.

Currently I main an Orc magSorc. He's my highest level char. Despite 1T I followed the Daggerfall story and now I am in Coldharbour. He's around cp145 now. I chose Orc, because I thought to learn ESO it'd be an advantage to have a bit more life and to get an inspiration bonus, because I also want to skill the professions on him. First I fought with twohanders, then I leveled two weapons, now I level the destro staff and resto staff. Fighting with Twohanders in the early levels was much fun, because of the jump skill to easily jump to ranged mobs or out of danger. With two weapons questing was easy too, because I had enough self heal from Surge, combined with Mage Light, Bound Aegis and Boundless Storm. Fighting with the destro staff is a bit different, but Surge still works and self heal is enough. For close and ranged aoe I use Daedric Tomb, Liquid Lightning and Unstable Wall which works pretty good. I didn't put all ability points into magicka, but some into health (15) and stamina (5) too. Now I have about 18k life and do not necessarily need to slot a shield skill, but other skills I still want to level. On my second bar there always was a resto staff, because at dolmens, in public dungeons or world boss fights I always felt to be able to contribute better as a healer, than a DD. The more cp I get, this is getting better, but I'll always bring the resto staff with me in open pve I guess.

I also have a magNB but he's only level 20 since a pretty long time. He's probably the next character I want to level further, after I get bored of the Sorc (which won't happen any soon). He has some good and early accessible mobility, heal and cc class skills, that makes him less dependent on chosen weapon types a/o weapon skills regarding solo play. At least this is my impression.
    Edited by Andohir on October 31, 2016 1:42PM
  • NobleVulom
    NobleVulom
    ✭✭
    I find my stamina sorcerer very fun to play!
    @Noble.Vulom - PC / An Aussie on NA / cp600+

Ra'hba Khajiit Nightblade (AD) DPS
    Hal'var Altmer Templar (AD) Healer
    Valdrigr Redguard Dragonknight (DC) Tank
    Atlās Bosmer Templar (AD) Tank
    Halvir Hroptr Imperial Sorcerer (DC) DPS
    Ignatìus Dunmer Dragonknight (EP) DPS
    The Harvestér Altmer Nightblade (AD) PVP
    Viktor Nikiforov Altmer Sorcerer (EP) DPS
    The Effulgence Argonian Templar (AD) PVP
    Sorcit Altmer Sorcerer (DC) PVP
    Midorima Altmer Warden (DC) DPS
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    I havn't really used my NB since starting back to the game, and most of my points have already been reset, but I've been trying to find a really fun build.

Mainly for PVE stuff, and previously I had it setup as a Khajit Stamina build using bow/dw. I'd love a point in the right direction for a good build to start working towards.

Thanks
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on how you like to play. I LOVE my mag DK's. But I also play a stam DK, and a stam sorc, and a mag templar, and a stam NB. For me, the stam NB was the least amount of fun.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's really subjective. I was wondering this myself(needed a break from my stamina sorcerer) and didn't know whether to choose templar, mag nb, or mag sorcerer. Kept swapping around but about lvl 25 or so my nb started taking "life" for me. As an argonian I imagine the hist had a stray rogue thought when he was created and therefore doesn't fit in anywhere. Much like Raistlin the pursuit of power is all. Hence the real birth of "Black of Soul". Meta? Nope. Fun? Yep. Make a background story for your character. Keep playing them until one "grabs" you. You can make any class work, the the most "fun" one will be your personal opinion.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    I think it's really subjective.
    agree.gif
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ahhh...

For me that's Sorc, with a pet build, with a Maw of the Inferno Monster helm/set (go Dave Go!).
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis