The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Trap beast

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is trap beast banned in tournaments and what makes it so gd in pvp I thought it was mainly a pve skill

Best Answer

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote that all CC be removed from dualing because otherwise players will just try to knock you down, which is glitchy and unfun for everyone.

Also that all healing be removed because otherwise players will just try to heal through your damage.

Also that all armor be removed and that you are not able to block otherwise players will try to just stop you from damaging them and thats unfun.

Also no dodge rolling or shields.

Just stand there and click buttons until whoever has the better gear or luck crits wins.

Almost forgot no bows, resto staffs, or destro staffs cause otherwise your opponent will just try and shoot you from ranged. Oh silly me we have infinite gap close spam nvm.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on October 30, 2016 7:12AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Answer ✓
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Roots are hell plus does high damage. And you can spam it so you can have more than one trap. So as soon as you get off one trap, you fall into another. Cheesiest ability tbh
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Roots are hell plus does high damage. And you can spam it so you can have more than one trap. So as soon as you get off one trap, you fall into another. Cheesiest ability tbh

Interesting. Think about what would happen, if volcanic rune worked the same way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you put down a second trap for example doesn't that get rid of the first 1?
    I currently use eternal hunt and just wondering if would combine well
    Edited by Syiccal on October 27, 2016 5:46AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    When you put down a second trap for example doesn't that get rid of the first 1?
    I currently use eternal hunt and just wondering if would combine well

It should but once it activates you can just place a second one. It's so stupid
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    Beasts don't like being trapped.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volcanic Rune should however give the bonus Crit damage, its an anomalies for Magika users to need a Stamina FG skill now really.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, "this is banded, that is band, I don't like this so that's band". And people wounder why I keep declining duel requests.

+1 for a Kris Kross video though!

EDIT - thinking about it I swapped it out for Bombard the other day and a better time controlling with it.
    Edited by CapuchinSeven on October 27, 2016 8:57AM
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I like fighting Stam users with it, it’s fun to try to keep check on where they placed it. My Necropendance wards make short work of it, and the incoming Dizzying Swing.

I notice people will camp them, so if someone tends to want to go over to specific place, I won’t follow. Can imagine it being a pain for those of you who are strictly close quarters though.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao, who bans that? not saying it isn't strong, even too strong in comparison to many others, but if there is one big problem with high-quality duels, it's most of them becoming endless. whoever bans purely offensive stuff like this, or sets like fasallas, is at fault for a failed tournament that is 10% fights and 90% bitching / drama in chat about judge decisions. personally, i'd even allow damage resource poisons but w/e.

nobody wants judge decisions but as long as some people push their agendas (I don't want to / can use X for this and that reason but I have lost against X at some point, let's ban X!). Further many people complain about stam sorcs but then ban everything that interacts well with purge (which stamsorcs just cannot really get).

on topic: it's a high-damage skill, works as delayed damage (more pressue within a given time window) and applies a root which is also a very strong effect
    Edited by Kas on October 27, 2016 10:19AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kas wrote: »
    lmao, who bans that? not saying it isn't strong, even too strong in comparison to many others, but if there is one big problem with high-quality duels, it's most of them becoming endless. whoever bans purely offensive stuff like this, or sets like fasallas, is at fault for a failed tournament that is 10% fights and 90% bitching / drama in chat about judge decisions. personally, i'd even allow damage resource poisons but w/e.

nobody wants judge decisions but as long as some people push their agendas (I don't want to / can use X for this and that reason but I have lost against X at some point, let's ban X!). Further many people complain about stam sorcs but then ban everything that interacts well with purge (which stamsorcs just cannot really get).

on topic: it's a high-damage skill, works as delayed damage (more pressue within a given time window) and applies a root which is also a very strong effect

Everyone says it's strong..,

Except da l33ts.

Lmfao at it's size, purge, etc, No reason to be banned
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it isn't a light attack or RP clothing, you best believe someone will try to make sure case for banning it.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    If it isn't a light attack or RP clothing, you best believe someone will try to make sure case for banning it.

Considering a light attack can proc a poison, which procs another proc, they mey be banned next. :D
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone want to ban trap beast from a dual, really you can just tell them they are bad and walk away.
    Templar's are evil..
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If someone want to ban trap beast from a dual, really you can just tell them they are bad and walk away.
    Sypher wrote: »
    Where: Twitch.tv/Sypherpk

RULES:
    - CRAFTED SETS ONLY (jewlery is open to whatever)
    - No Maelstrom weapons, Master Weapons, Undaunted Gear, PvP Gear, PvE Gear
    - No HEAVY ARMOR (not even one piece)
    - Banned Abilities (currently) - Trap Beast, Soul Strike, One hand and shield ultimate
    - No CP changing No gear changing No ability changing (unless instructed to do so)
    - Only potions allowed are Single Stat, Tri-stat, and Spell/Weapon Power
    - No Immovable Potions / Detect Potions / Lingering Health Potions
    - NO TANK BUILDS (OR YOU WILL GET MADE FUN OF)
    - NO COSTUMES (so we can see your gear)
    :smirk:
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

RULES:
    - No HEAVY ARMOR (not even one piece)
    - Banned Abilities (currently) - Trap Beast, Soul Strike, One hand and shield ultimate
    - No CP changing No gear changing No ability changing (unless instructed to do so)

What a scrub he is. This is why I never do tournaments.
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    U guys seriously would disagree with banning trap beast from duels?

This really has become elder scrubs online
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find trap beast very annoying. Anything I never encounter in open world PvP being used in a duel just irks me for some reason. If someone insists on camping their trap beast to lure me into it I walk 20 meters away from them and spam RD until they come to me. Believe it or not, I have actuallly killed people doing this because they refused to step away from their trap.

It's also fun when proc set users whine at me for using LoS.
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »

RULES:
    - No HEAVY ARMOR (not even one piece)[/b]

LMAO

Yeah and that is a pathetic list, it starts with crafted sets only, and no Heavy armor not one piece. GTFO with that garbage.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My dual rules:

No hats
    no pants
    only fists unless you have a prosperous maelstrom bow.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso community... trap beast makes duels unfun for any melee player not using it since the other will just camp his trap, makes shuffle a requirement (equally bad for gameplay) and is glitchy. Anyone using that in duels must be very desperate and is probably not a very skilled player.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar's are evil..
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude, I know that site since i was playing scbw in tournaments 20 years ago. Difference is Sirlin (a former starcraft & fighting game player) was referring to balanced games where the playing field was even enough to hold official tournaments on (korean leagues & stuff).

Get your info and facts straight, young one.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso community... trap beast makes duels unfun for any melee player not using it since the other will just camp his trap, makes shuffle a requirement (equally bad for gameplay) and is glitchy. Anyone using that in duels must be very desperate and is probably not a very skilled player.

Eso community: Snipe makes the game unfun...WB makes the game unfun...Sneaking makes the game unfun...breath of life makes the game unfun...Poison Injection makes the game unfun...Crystal Frag makes the game unfun...Blocking makes the game unfun...Shields make the game unfun....Dodge rolling makes the game unfun....Shuffle makes the game unfun...Surpise Attack makes the game unfun...Impulse makes the game unfun...Magicka Det makes the game unfun...

Eso Community: ANYTHING THAT KILLS ME MAKES THE GAME UNFUN
    Templar's are evil..
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet to have any trouble killing someone using trap beast. Perhaps you need to up your game.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did i say that? Can u even read?

Eso is not a game balanced enough to apply sirlin. You are making yourself a clown.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eso is not a game balanced enough to apply sirlin. You are making yourself a clown.

No standing around applying garbage rules to put yourself in a position where you're style of play is at an advantage is making yourself a clown.

And yes I can read, your argument is essentially its unfun because a player will camp his/her trap.... how is that a problem? It is a DOT and a root, it hits for significantly less damage than Sorc mines, it cannot burst you, you can literally walk into it and suffer little harm. Not that you need to, unless you have styled your entire build around being melee and must there for stand on top of your opponent to hurt them.
    Templar's are evil..
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    @Toc de Malsvi I've become your fan.
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The larger the scrub, the larger the list of banned things.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No standing around applying garbage rules to put yourself in a position where you're style of play is at an advantage is making yourself a clown.

And yes I can read, your argument is essentially its unfun because a player will camp his/her trap.... how is that a problem? It is a DOT and a root, it hits for significantly less damage than Sorc mines, it cannot burst you, you can literally walk into it and suffer little harm. Not that you need to, unless you have styled your entire build around being melee and must there for stand on top of your opponent to hurt them.

I have to agree with the idea that banning abilities just reinforces personal preference. I mean you can practically one hit someone with a light attack with procs, why is that not banned? No heavy armor? No tank builds? This sounds list sounds like someone just wants things easy mode. And how do you define a tank build? Being unkillable? There are lots of high damage builds that dont use heavy or arent focused on tanking that are able to absorb damage very well. The line of what constitutes a tank isnt so cut and dry.

What gets me even more about that list is no soul strike or detect pots. Ive fought some nightblades who are literally impossible to kill short of having overwhelmingly high burst damage, because they will repeatedly stealth out. Last patch you could use magelight etc but they are dramatically less effective this patch and all offensive stealth abilities are reactionary.

To top it off, classes have vastly different AND disproportionate universal buffs (templars get major mending for example, and nightblades have access to just about every buff under the sun in class abilities).

That said, if your going to run a tournament, you can make whatever rules you want, but you may just end up pushing away contenders who wont agree.
    Edited by Cathexis on November 6, 2016 3:12AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.