The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a Add On for ESO that reduces camera jitter ?

Rohamad_Ali
Rohamad_Ali
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If anyone knows of any that can help with camera stabilization , please tell me . One of the biggest issues during recording of game play I encounter is really shaky camera recording . I bought a new computer and started recording in ultra high settings but this issue is one I can't find a fix for . Would be so nice if something was out there for smooth camera ...
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camera jitter?

Did you try to turn off "head bob"? That's the only thing i can think of that makes the camera jitter ...
    idea.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 29, 2016 7:23PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Camera jitter?

Did you turn off "head bob"? That's the only thing i can think of that makes the camera jitter ...
    idea.gif

Yes I did but still when running or even walking the character cam is still somewhat jumpy . Using stabilization from movie editing software does not improve this only making it worse most of times .
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on October 29, 2016 7:24PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the mouse to look around?

If so, how high is the sample rate on your mouse? Is it a wireless mouse?
    Did you try to smooth the mouse input?
    type.gif
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the mouse to look around?

If so, how high is the sample rate on your mouse? Is it a wireless mouse?
    Did you try to smooth the mouse input?
    type.gif

Yes I use a mouse direct input . How does one smooth the mouse input Sir Andy ?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a setting in ESO, i'd start there. Also, if your mouse is wireless, try switching to a wired mouse.
    smile.gif
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a setting in ESO, i'd start there. Also, if your mouse is wireless, try switching to a wired mouse.
    smile.gif

Ok great and thank you for this . I hope it works .
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    I have a GTX 980 running in Ultra. My GeForce Experience software keeps telling me my game settings are not optimal and gives me a one click option to have it set the game settings for me. What it wants to do is put the game in full screen mode so that it can put the resolution in 3840-2160 and then down sample to 1920-1080, it says this provides a better quality image. I normally run in windowed (fullscreen) at the monitor resolution of 1920-1080. When I allow it to optimize the settings, I don't see any improvement in the perceived resolution, in fact some surfaces seem fuzzy, but the biggest draw back is the overall image clearly and excessively jitters as I pan around. The card is struggling to keep up with the down sampling when the scene is changing rapidly. Because of this I can't run it in this supposedly optimal setting.

This is an example of taking the best setting for the graphics card's features is not necessarily what's best for the game experience. You may want to try lowering the various video settings to see if one of them is just a bit too much for the system and might provide a smoother image.

There is also some jitter introduced by the inability to slide a mouse smoothly across a mouse pad. The camera setting Smoothing helps with this but it needs to be a slider where you can increase the effect because it is barely noticeable. You can turn down the camera rotation speed below 10 and get a smoother pan but you'll need a large size mouse pad.

I use a wireless Razor gaming mouse and like Sir Andy said, there are settings in the driver software for the mouse movement sample resolution. The effect is similar to the smoothing setting in ESO, it causes you to have to move the mouse farther to get the same amount of camera movement, which helps eliminate the little start stop effects of the friction as the mouse moves across the pad.