The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Returning to game, but can`t decide class for hybrid style.

asa67dragoneb17_ESO
Intro
Hello, i have an easy and at same time hard problem.
Since almost all Beth game`s, i`m playing as hybrid, even in different games, im trying to take atleast visually hybrid.
If talking more direct, im playing melee as main, and using magic as secondary( Mostly CC or defense, buffs, debuffs ). If you still didn`t get picture of my common characters, then you can compare them to...dunno Sith/Jedi from Star Wars. But yes, i understand that it`s not singleplayer, there`s " balance " , pvp and other " things ". So i will not get what i want. I get over it...life in MMO is crude and yata yata.

Question

Soo, since " BAAAALANCE " and i can`t do viable sword/magic build ( That i will able to do endgame PVE ), i`m thinking about doing swordsman as main skill bar and source of dmg and bow as secondary for...emm.....something?
Understand me right, i want a melee class with sword( not staff, scepter, mace and definitely not shield), that`s not limited to melee combat, let`s say, enemy tries to run away, but i can still attack him, or for kiting a strong enemy. Well, you get the idea i think.

P.S. Don`t care about PVP in this game too much anyway, so we`re talking about successful from lowbie to endgame PVE here.

Best Answer

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since you are talking about visual effects, I would say from a visual perspective 'hybrid' works fantastically.

Sorcerer is not 'a mage'. You can make a stamina based warrior Sorcerer quite well right now. Hurricane is a fantastic morph for the stamina build, trust me you'll love it if you try it and it certainly 'looks' magical.

Templars have skills like Biting Jabs, purifying light, and some nice utility skills which are magic in resource.

DK's can spit poison-fire, swipe poison claws both of which are based upon stamina resource. Using Earthen heart skills affords utility or CC effects and feeds back into your stamina and ultimate, which in turn feed back into regeneration.

Nightblades have great magical utilities like siphoning strikes, cloak, some wonderful stamina based attack morphs, a teleport, and fantastic utility skills that allow you to teleport back to an archer or summon some shadow soldiers.

The important point here is every class has skills which consume stamina (and look magical) as well as magical skills that are useful for utility and therefore useful for Stamina (Warrior) based builds. I think you can do what you want just fine, just pick a class whose theme calls out to you, and learn more about how to do exactly what you want. Don't let people tell you it can not be done. Everyone is a 'hybrid' more or less, just realize that everyone has a primary focus, and that you build your strategy around using certain 'utility' magic skills where the scaling of damage is less important than the effect desired.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Answer ✓
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    sorry to burst your bubble dude but hybrids arnt viable at all for end game pve. Ive heard some things about them being viable in pvp though.
    I would go sorc and heavily invest in weapon damage while wearing the set "pelinal's apdatude"(I think thats the name)
    they may be viable as tanks in pve but ive got no clue.A shame too I wanted to be a hybrid when I got the game aswell.
  • asa67dragoneb17_ESO
    sorry to burst your bubble dude but hybrids arnt viable at all for end game pve. Ive heard some things about them being viable in pvp though.
    I would go sorc and heavily invest in weapon damage while wearing the set "pelinal's apdatude"(I think thats the name)
    they may be viable as tanks in pve but ive got no clue.A shame too I wanted to be a hybrid when I got the game aswell.

Sorc is a mage, annnd im not kinda interested in mages. Like i said above, i gived up on stamina/magic build, so i`m asking what are or can be good with swords( I like swords.....) as main weapon(didn`t decide what i want, two handed or duals, guess depends on what it can give...), and bow as secondary.

And yes, last time i played this game was on Beta and a bit after beta, so i have no idea what skills and what is working or not XD
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭

Sorc is a mage, annnd im not kinda interested in mages. Like i said above, i gived up on stamina/magic build, so i`m asking what are or can be good with swords( I like swords.....) as main weapon(didn`t decide what i want, two handed or duals, guess depends on what it can give...), and bow as secondary.

And yes, last time i played this game was on Beta and a bit after beta, so i have no idea what skills and what is working or not XD

every class has a strong stam build, stam sorcs are very good right now
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

AD – Khajiit Nightblade – Dps – lucif'r
    AD – Altmer Sorcerer – Dps – Trove Scamp
    AD – Dunmer Dragonknight – Dps – Lashiing
    AD – Altmer Templar – Dps – Six-teen
    DC – Redguard Sorcerer – Dps – Cunnїng Scamp

vMA • vDSA • vAA HM • vHRC HM • vSO HM • vMoL
  • asa67dragoneb17_ESO
    Lashiing wrote: »

How...what. I can`t even imagine how that works.
    But again its a tank...right? Or not?
    Still can`t " set in my head " a sorc in stamina build...okey I get it...i will take my duals or 2h....and then what?

People, please more info. I`m total newbie right now XD
  • Countcalorie
    Countcalorie
    ✭✭✭
    Stam sorcs= think mages who increase there physical might(I think a nord battlemage in full plate armor). there in a good place atm basicly for pve they run dw and bow to be quite effective.
    They may not be what your looking for though if your looking for a class with magickal looking abilitys for stam characters then try a stamblade or stam dk
    Overwise your out of luck as any true hybrid extremily underperforms for pve and needs a set that can only be crafted by a 9 trait crafter with the dark brotherhood dlc.
  • asa67dragoneb17_ESO
    Stam sorcs= think mages who increase there physical might(I think a nord battlemage in full plate armor). there in a good place atm basicly for pve they run dw and bow to be quite effective.
    They may not be what your looking for though if your looking for a class with magickal looking abilitys for stam characters then try a stamblade or stam dk
    Overwise your out of luck as any true hybrid extremily underperforms for pve and needs a set that can only be crafted by a 9 trait crafter with the dark brotherhood dlc.

I`m looking for melee character, that uses 2h or duals ( didn`t decide yet, since i like duals visually but gap closer in 2h sounds fun...) and secondary bar for kite or buffs/debuffs. It`s not like stam/magica, i can enjoy even full stam build. My problem i can`t decide what main class to take, so i could play around it. Reading forums, i got idea that stam/magic aren`t viable at all.

So, as my taste melee weapon+bow is good enough too. I`m not gonna take magica skills in that build.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK is probably you're best bet for magic buffs, CC, while using stam for weapon damage.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭

Still can`t " set in my head " a sorc in stamina build...okey I get it...i will take my duals or 2h....and then what?

stam sorc is so good imo because they use their magicka pool for buffs and stamina for damage

an easy starter build for to get within a day would be:
    5x nm's gaze, 4x nights silence/senche/ranger's gait/wilderqueen/fiord/nm's embrace/twin sisters/leki, 3x agil
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters

• asa67dragoneb17_ESO

stam sorc is so good imo because they use their magicka pool for buffs and stamina for damage

5x nm's gaze, 4x nights silence/senche/ranger's gait/wilderqueen/fiord/nm's embrace/twin sisters/leki, 3x agil

Any thoughts about weapon of choice? 2h or duals are better for this?
  • asa67dragoneb17_ESO
    Since you are talking about visual effects, I would say from a visual perspective 'hybrid' works fantastically.

Sorcerer is not 'a mage'. You can make a stamina based warrior Sorcerer quite well right now. Hurricane is a fantastic morph for the stamina build, trust me you'll love it if you try it and it certainly 'looks' magical.

Templars have skills like Biting Jabs, purifying light, and some nice utility skills which are magic in resource.

DK's can spit poison-fire, swipe poison claws both of which are based upon stamina resource. Using Earthen heart skills affords utility or CC effects and feeds back into your stamina and ultimate, which in turn feed back into regeneration.

Nightblades have great magical utilities like siphoning strikes, cloak, some wonderful stamina based attack morphs, a teleport, and fantastic utility skills that allow you to teleport back to an archer or summon some shadow soldiers.

The important point here is every class has skills which consume stamina (and look magical) as well as magical skills that are useful for utility and therefore useful for Stamina (Warrior) based builds. I think you can do what you want just fine, just pick a class whose theme calls out to you, and learn more about how to do exactly what you want. Don't let people tell you it can not be done. Everyone is a 'hybrid' more or less, just realize that everyone has a primary focus, and that you build your strategy around using certain 'utility' magic skills where the scaling of damage is less important than the effect desired.

Em, okey. You`re not first who`s talking good in this thread about stamina sorc, okey...sold.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Em, okey. You`re not first who`s talking good in this thread about stamina sorc, okey...sold.

You can do well with all of them. You might also consider something like a Redguard DK for a tanky stamina dps warrior who fights tirelessly. Orc Stamina Sorcerer for high speed blitzkrieg heavy dps build (redguard, khajiit, bosmer, nord, imperial all good for stamina). Templar warrior with nice self cleanse ability, go Imperial, Nord, or Argonian if you want to have a really cool tanking blazing shield option. Nightblade warriors can fight tirelessly thanks to passives and siphoning strikes, excellent for high dps and highly function in dark brotherhood, thieves guild, and sneak attacks as well as high mobility. Take your pick with what you wanna play.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybrid build.... wrong game. You will be less effective solo and you will be very ineffective in a group. Don't even think hybrid.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Lashiing
    Lashiing
    ✭✭✭

Any thoughts about weapon of choice? 2h or duals are better for this?

dw pve
    2h pvp
    PC/NA ― Dancing Jesters