The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Maw of the Infernal Still feels lacking compared to other sets?

AnviOfVai
AnviOfVai
✭✭✭✭✭
Just a heads up this is my opinion on the helm!
I must not be the only one who actually likes to use this set right..? but compared to all the other sets, and the new ones that have been released... it feels really lacking... Does anyone else use this set and feels like it needs an upgrade? in my opinion I think he dies to easily, i would be fine with his summoning time being 15 seconds if he had a little more health, he can be taken down with one hit its not great for a helm set..

What does everyone else think?
"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
DC - Templar - Tank - 160
DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    We are moving this thread to: General Discussion
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This set is.. Yeah. Its probably good for Sorcerers who wants to roleplay a Summoner. But. It's pretty bad. Like. Really bad. A lot like Bogdan. You never use that set, although it *could* look good on paper.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be turned into a Crematorial Guard, with the same HP as in vMSA
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daedroth still spends too much time moving about and too little time attacking. I love the idea of this set, and I hope they buff it again.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shadowrend is worse...

Sometimes I will equip it on my Nightblade because I think it is fun to run around spawning it, and it does serve as a bit of a distraction in PvP, but that is about it.

Playing since beta...
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see this set revisited. @Tryxus has a solid idea: why not make it a crem guard? Attack the nearest enemy (or adhere to aggro rules) and behave literally identicly to the crem guards in vMA? In pvp you take half damage anyway.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I love using my summons in PVP and the daedroth is part of that set...actually he is more like a trump card, but due to the fact the summons are pretty difficult to use in pvp (and can be pretty much useless when they disappear and you can't find them) it feels like this whole side of skills is a disappointment for players who want to use summons, and play a different skill set.

Any ideas on how to make him useful like what @DocFrost72 said are welcome! :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

• SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty useless but looks fun. And there are some casuals who seem to know it hits hard - against any reasoning.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will say @katiesmith12341 that this set is tolerable in PvE. Hard to do justice to a 50 something page character background story in ten seconds, but my stamblade was the essence of a daedroth once, and to this day still identifies with that kind of creature. I set out to make a build with the MoI set, and got some good results. That said, you are totally correct that it's health is stupidly low, even with vigor healing it.

I guess the biggest first step is a dressing the fact that if this set is going to have low health, it needs insane damage. If it is going to have the current damage, it needs more health to be taken seriously. Regardless of the direction chosen for the above, ALL PETS need way better AI in this game, and I think that is something else to ake away from this discussion.

Will /feedback this when not at school to help get the ball rolling.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on October 28, 2016 2:42PM
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I will say @katiesmith12341 that this set is tolerable in PvE. Hard to do justice to a 50 something page character background story in ten seconds, but my stamblade was the essence of a daedroth once, and to this day still identifies with that kind of creature. I set out to make a build with the MoI set, and got some good results. That said, you are totally correct that it's health is stupidly low, even with vigor healing it.

I guess the biggest first step is a dressing the fact that if this set is going to have low health, it needs insane damage. If it is going to have the current damage, it needs more health to be taken seriously. Regardless of the direction chosen for the above, ALL PETS need way better AI in this game, and I think that is something else to ake away from this discussion.

Will /feedback this when not at school to help get the ball rolling.

Oh yeah, this set is good in PVE I loved it when I used to play PVE, however I wanted to use a build in PVP I have managed to use Trinimacs armor with the pets which allows healing on them and me (and yes it also works on the daedroth) but it does hardly nothing when its a hit and miss if he heals on time in that 15 second slot.

I also agree, I think with this set it either needs a complete turn around, and allow the daedroth to have more speed, health or attack. Looking at the attacks on the other helms, this has to be one of the weakest. Not just by the numbers, but by the fact the daedroth is so slow yeah his breathing fire attack is awesome if there is a zerg infront of you, it does make palyers back off and back down, but one hit *dead*... -_-

PS4 - EU

• SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes we will run an easy veteran dungeon (Spindleclutch II is the most popular) with everyone who has the set wearing it, then we argue over whose daedroth is which when they proc. They all have names - Tiny Tim, Little Will, etc.

But aside from fooling around with friends, I don't know anyone who actually uses this set.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Step 1) Make Maw of the Infernal proc on damage, NOT just light/heavy attacks.

Step 2) Increase the duration to 20 seconds.

Step 3) Give the Daedroth some defense. It's made of porcelain and enemies destroy it with ease.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this set needs to be revised. Very low proc rate and when it does the mobs are almost dead.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove the cooldown

And every time you resummon, refresh the health
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Should be turned into a Crematorial Guard, with the same HP as in vMSA

VWGT would be better. 1m health compared to a few hundred k.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, this set is good in PVE I loved it when I used to play PVE, however I wanted to use a build in PVP
    To be honest I don't think this in particular is really a valid complaint. It's fine for a set to only be good in PVE or for a set to only be good in PVP. There's really no reason why all sets should be viable in both, and there are definitely sets that are only viable in PVP because they have effects that only work based on enemy players.

Having said that, Maw of the Infernal isn't actually particularly viable in PVE. I like that it procs more often now, but it's still a little underwhelming compared to most monster sets. I absolutely love it on my pet build sorc, but that's because it's so thematic, not because it's that good. Also, that character is really a fun derping around (but still pretty effective solo) build, and not exactly good for end-game content.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Change the set like this in my opinion :
    1. Summon it with a 20% chance on damage dealt
    2. Increase damage by 25%.
    3 add an shadowy explosion which deals 6k oblivion damage when it dies in a small radius (4m)
    4. Decrease attack cooldown by 25%

But with these changes shadowrend would be worse than ever so it should get a buff like applying major maim instead of Minor. Or summon 2 clanbann instead of one
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Oh yeah, this set is good in PVE I loved it when I used to play PVE, however I wanted to use a build in PVP
    To be honest I don't think this in particular is really a valid complaint. It's fine for a set to only be good in PVE or for a set to only be good in PVP. There's really no reason why all sets should be viable in both, and there are definitely sets that are only viable in PVP because they have effects that only work based on enemy players.

Having said that, Maw of the Infernal isn't actually particularly viable in PVE. I like that it procs more often now, but it's still a little underwhelming compared to most monster sets. I absolutely love it on my pet build sorc, but that's because it's so thematic, not because it's that good. Also, that character is really a fun derping around (but still pretty effective solo) build, and not exactly good for end-game content.

Oh no no, you see I used pets in PVE but I had a different armor set I was wearing to what I use in PVP now actually the last time I played with pets in PVE was a long time ago, I'm not entirely sure how they are now as I PVP all of the time, except for coming out for dungeons and guild stores :)

PS4 - EU

• Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    This set is op...
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For fun, I got a group of 11 people together in PvP to wear this set. At one point, we got all of them to proc at pretty much the same time and it ended up saving us from a bombblade that tried to kill us all at once as the daedroths took the soul tether for us like champs.
    Argonian forever
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For fun, I got a group of 11 people together in PvP to wear this set. At one point, we got all of them to proc at pretty much the same time and it ended up saving us from a bombblade that tried to kill us all at once as the daedroths took the soul tether for us like champs.
    Ha ha, that actually sounds like awesome fun!
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)