Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Must Have Add-Ons

thedude33
thedude33
✭✭✭✭✭
Very new player. I have browsed through some add-ons trying to decide what to take. Rather than create clutter and chaos I figured I should ask the experts.

Looking for solid no hassle/bugs ad-ons. Tried and true.

A damage calc would be good ......but open to suggestions.

Thanks
1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkyShards
    LoreBooks
    Destinations

These are the tree Add-ons, I always use for new/incomplete characters.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FTC (Foundry tactical combat)
    Wykkyd toolbar is nice
    if you are planning to use lot of addons, then "Shissu's LUA Memory" is a must
    Trait Buddy or AUI if you plan to be a crafter
    Automaximprovement is nice
    OmNomNom is nice too
    MultiCraft
    Poison Tracker
    Minimap by Fyrakin
    Slightly Improved Experience Bar
    MundusMap
    S'rendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker
    "Awesome Guild Store" and "Master Merchant"!!!

• daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    SkyShards
    LoreBooks
    Destinations

These are the tree Add-ons, I always use for new/incomplete characters.

To stay as close to the standard UI as possible I would add to those 3 above:
    • Harvest Map to show resource nodes on your map which you collected
    • Inventory Grid View for a better inventory view
    • Dustman to handle your junk items easily

If you want to dive in a complete UI overhaul I can provide a screenshot of my UI in this thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/300012/ui-screenshots-addons-used#latest
    Edited by daedalusAI on October 27, 2016 11:22AM
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    don't forget installing "Dressing Room".
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only ones I consider a 'must have' are a Mini Map (I use Fyrakin's) and Advanced Filters which adds sub categories and search/filter options to your inventory, making it much easier to find specific items.

Others I find useful:
    Azurah - To move and customise the UI.
    S'rendarr - buff/debuff tracker.
    Binder - save and load key bindings using chat commands - very useful if you have multiple characters.
    Unified Chat Tabs - same as binder but for chat settings.
    Inventory Insight - Lets you see what's in your inventories and bank from anywhere.
    Banker Shut Up - Mutes bankers and adds a mute button to all other NPCs so you can mute them if you want to.
    Harven's Subtitles - more customisable than the built-in ones which are so huge they must be thinking anyone in need of subtitles is extremely old and half blind as well as deaf.
    Research Grid - To keep track of which motifs and traits each character knows.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the suggestions. I am a minimalist so some of these sound great. Will google and find out where to download them.

Thanks

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Foundry Tactical Combat looks like an important one

• FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter; Makes writs quicker, especially with the increasing FFA in Craglorn atm.

Itemization Browser by code65536 (he lurks here on the forums a lot); Allows you to look at crafted and dropped sets, where they're located, and what they look like in gold quality. Personally, a must have for theorycrafting.

I'll post a longer list later if I can think of anything else that hasn't been posted. A lot of people are already on the ball with some of the ones I use.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on October 28, 2016 12:24AM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • BlackPhillip
    BlackPhillip
    ✭✭✭
    What a good add on to display your guild under your name? Is it shissus guild tool? So far I'm using only MIni map
    ASSASMITE COVEN
    FRIENDLY DUNGEOUN RUNNERS
    ANGRY UNICORN TRADERS

Blackphillip Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Blackphillip Da Goat Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been playing around with a few of them to see if I like them. One question though. Do you need to disable the ones you aren't actively using like crafting ones? I got a message that the LU memory was close to max? I disabled a couple of the add-ons to solve that problem.

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    QuickSettings - makes all of the vanilla ON/OFF toggles in Settings to be hotkey-able...
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also, you should be able to find any and all of the above addons at esoui.com, and the preferred install manager would prolly be minion, that one you may need to google for if a link is not offered at esoui

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    I have been playing around with a few of them to see if I like them. One question though. Do you need to disable the ones you aren't actively using like crafting ones? I got a message that the LU memory was close to max? I disabled a couple of the add-ons to solve that problem.

to resolve this issue, you can either manually edit the usersettings.ini, or perhaps even better, get "Shissu's LUA Memory", which is another addon. It can automatically set the amount of memory needed, so that you don't need to estimate and over-allocate within the ini file.

I think default memory is either 32 or 64 kb, and recommendations are usually to set it to 128 or 256 or even higher if necessary. I have quite a few addons (nothing like oblivion or skyrim <g>) and after adding shissu's, the memory used INCLUDING shissu's itself is consistently below 100. if you really pile them on, I could see getting up to 128 or higher, but if you're a minimalist, then you'll prolly stay consistently below 100, and shisshu's is great for that...gives you all the LUA memory you need on the fly...and no more than that...
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use minion. Will take a look at Shissu's

Thanks

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a good add on to display your guild under your name? Is it shissus guild tool? So far I'm using only MIni map

This is done by using your guild tabard and then having the right settings in nameplate options

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit speak is only one.
    AwesomeGuildStore if you belong to a guild.
  • 2ndcovenant_ESO
    can
    "Awesome Guild Store" and "Master Merchant" co-exist or will one cause problems for the other? Is there reason to have both? I have been using Master Merchant for a long time but I have never used Awesome Guild Store.
    "*** Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.
    Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!" - Big Trouble in Little China
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Thank You
    AwesomeGuildStore
    Wykkyds Outfitter
    CritPercent and Aju's Penetration Display
    CyrHud

And Codex can be quite fun but don't take the results seriously.
    PC | EU
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thedude33 wrote: »
    Foundry Tactical Combat looks like an important one

I use FTC for buff tracking only because I can't get my head around srendarr or whatever it's called. I prefer the default damage numbers to FTC now, but it took some getting used to. I wanted to reduce my reliance on FTC because I suspected it was a bit of a resource hog. The default damage numbers are much nicer to look at imo.
    PC | EU
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Set Tracker by @Elephant42, a must have since One Tamriel and all the new sets.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd add superstar - an ingame skill builder with a nice overview page including your items, cp points etc.