Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting writ locations - 1T

NinthPrince64
NinthPrince64
✭✭✭
Been away from crafting since 1T dropped. My understanding is that crafting writ surveys now send you all over. Is that true? The reason I ask is because I keep one crafter at max level minus one so that my survey locations are in Craglorn. Is that no longer the case? Is there any reason to keep a crafter at max minus one anymore?
Thx.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, survey will send you anywhere in the world not just Craglorn.
    All writs now turn in at Craglorn, max level as well. So do max level writs best.
    Pc na
  • NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, just to be clear. I should no longer keep a crafter at max minus one because the surveys could be for anywhere, not just Craglorn. Is that correct? Is there a higher probability of Craglorn if I am at max minus one?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, just to be clear. I should no longer keep a crafter at max minus one because the surveys could be for anywhere, not just Craglorn. Is that correct? Is there a higher probability of Craglorn if I am at max minus one?

No higher chance to get a survey in Craglorn no matter what you do. Might as well do the writs that use less resources than the Void Level writs (unless something changed with those, it would take on average about 100 mats to do a L9 Writ, but around 40 to 50 for a L10 Writ)

They did supposedly double the drop rate of Nirn in Craglorn to make up for this. But not from anything I have seen. I have pulled 0 Nirn from Craglorn nodes since 1T dropped.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NinthPrince64
    NinthPrince64
    ✭✭✭
    Great, that's what I thought. Getting the mats for my "max minus one" crafter has always been a hassle. Need 99 mats when doing the three of each bow writ, for example. Also, kind of time consuming to farm two different levels of mats (max and max minus one).
    Too bad, though, that we can't just get surveys in Craglorn. The surveys are how I got the vast majority of my nirns.
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    I've gotten a few Crag surveys since 1T but neither contained a nirn. I did find a potent nirn from a rubedite node in Craglorn but it doesn't feel like the drop rate has increased.

I agree with Nestor, maxing out your craft skills will require less mats to complete the writs.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad thing about this update is that now you can get surveys that send you anywhere. My AD maxed clothier is now being sent to shadowfen to an area that she hasn't even opened up yet to travel. Ridiculous
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that's the point tho isn't it @LadyDestiny, the world is 'opened up' now, so you can go anywhere. And the surveys are to encourage travel to zones you may never have been to, and while there you may do other things.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I think that's the point tho isn't it @LadyDestiny, the world is 'opened up' now, so you can go anywhere. And the surveys are to encourage travel to zones you may never have been to, and while there you may do other things.

Yes buy it's not the same as it was, so...
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."