Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

vma advice?

ng2084b14_ESO
Is it possible to do VMA as a tank like magicka dragonknight?
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as being a "tank" In vMA. You already have all the aggro and are the only person responsible for dps and healing. If you want to do vMA as a Magicka Dragonkight, you could look at Deltia's Maelstrom build at the bottom of this page: http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magc-dragonknight-dps-build-2/#end
    Edited by dpencil on October 25, 2016 2:47AM
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny you recommend a Deltia build and say tanks can't do vMA when he just posted a tank build that can do vma
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spliffo wrote: »
    Funny you recommend a Deltia build and say tanks can't do vMA when he just posted a tank build that can do vma

Using a Tank build is different of "as a tank" as you stated on the op.

Using a tank build? Of course you can, you may have a trouble on the dpses races (first boss, ice stage, and last boss) but you can manage it.

"As a tank" (as you asked on op)? I don't think it is impossible, but for sure you will have a hard time, blocking bosses to death is definetely not the most effective way to finish maelstorm.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First rule of eso: Don´t use deltiabuilds
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

Using a tank build? Of course you can, you may have a trouble on the dpses races (first boss, ice stage, and last boss) but you can manage it.

"As a tank" (as you asked on op)? I don't think it is impossible, but for sure you will have a hard time, blocking bosses to death is definetely not the most effective way to finish maelstorm.

First boss is definately a DPS race, but the ice boss is the exact opposite. High DPS makes for a chaotic mess...
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    This is not true my brother rolls a tank build through the whole arena as a Sorc tank takes him hours but it is do able.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

First boss is definately a DPS race, but the ice boss is the exact opposite. High DPS makes for a chaotic mess...

"Big ice mama" has a timer to destroy the plataforms, it's not only health % related. If you don't kill her before she destroys the last one you go bananas on the iced water. Just like the crystal phase on the last boss, if you don't destroy the crystals you become crematorial guards food quickly. :D
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭

"Big ice mama" has a timer to destroy the plataforms, it's not only health % related. If you don't kill her before she destroys the last one you go bananas on the iced water. Just like the crystal phase on the last boss, if you don't destroy the crystals you become crematorial guards food quickly. :D

This is also not true you can tank the ice boss in the water with enough heals. For the last boss I am confused now I actually only kill 1 crystal and get next to about 50% then I jump down and kill CG and healer then jump back up and finish the crystals off.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »

This is also not true you can tank the ice boss in the water with enough heals. For the last boss I am confused now I actually only kill 1 crystal and get next to about 50% then I jump down and kill CG and healer then jump back up and finish the crystals off.

No regular build can tank the ice boss on veteran in the water. If you can do that, I would love to see a vide of it.
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah your right but I doubt the op was planing on going in there with no dps at all. Either way I wouldn't recommend it and if this is the op planing his first completion I wouldn't recommend doing it as a DK at all unless he knows his class inside and out