Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Mixed feelings about vampirism (looks vs utility)

TheOnePandemonium
TheOnePandemonium
✭✭✭
Hey guys! I've been having some mixed feelings about the vampire line. To cut things short, I'm a Templar healer (w/ heavy armor) and I've recently let myself be bitten because I heard the magicka regen of the vampirism was awesome for healers. On the other hand the health one is slowed down... This being said, I don't like vampires much. Like, at all. And I hate how my character looks. Is there a way to hide this? Or... Is Vampirism at all necessary? ;__; haha I know I'm silly but how my character looks counts a lot for me! She was all nice and tanned, now she's greyish and looks sick. Dunno what I expected really but I didn't think about the looks of it.
So, your verdict guys: worth or not worth?
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you only did it for the magicka regen, then no.
    PS | EU
  • TheOnePandemonium
    TheOnePandemonium
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the fast response!
    Well but what are other pros that could outweight the cons I ennounced @Jackey ? :3
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheOnePandemonium
    You get the Undeath passive which reduces damage done to you when you fall below 50% health.

Honestly though, I cured vampirism on my templar because he became too ugly.
    You don't need it to be a good healer.
    PS | EU
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually hide the appearance completely by wearing a disguise.

They did say a while back that they were looking into a toggle for vampirism appearance but it hasn't happened yet unfortunately, the disguise bug is your best bet at the moment if you hate it.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your quarrel with vampires vs utility isn't silly at all. They really do look disgusting, and it's the main reason why I'm so hesitant at going vamp. Unfortunately, for me, the pros massively outweigh the cons and I need to infect myself.
    I run a Templar tank, and I just don't see how I could live without Vampire.

- Elusive Mist is amazing - it gives Templars/DKs huge mitigation and that extra speed they don't naturally have.
    - Invigorating drain is hard to beat when it comes to ultimate regeneration, and the stun it causes is rather hard for the enemy to break out of, on my max health tank it actually provides me with a huge heal.
    - Devouring Swarm, while it doesn't do a great deal of damage on my tank, if there's enough people around me I will stay alive. For characters built with max magicka and spell damage in mind, this ultimate is cheap, does a great deal of damage and you just won't die while it's up.
    - Undeath passive gives you around 33% damage mitigation when you're low health. This can literally save your life.
    - Supernatural Recovery.. well, who doesn't want extra stamina and magicka regeneration? =D

A majority of Vampire's fire weakness is negated by Champion Point passives since they lowered it to only 25%, so if you're magicka, there's really no reason NOT to go vampire unless you care about how you look.

So, whenever I create a brand new magicka character, the first things I do is

1. Get vamp
    2. Put on a costume and hide that disgusting face
    3. Profit
  • gel214thb14_ESO
    gel214thb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like my vampire face, and the bone white flesh. I loved the whole quest scene , the descent into darkness and the defilement.

crouching...creeping...then reaching out and draining the blood out of people is just exquisite. I do it ever so often just to hear the different screams and watch them jiggle ha ha ha ha!!!

have I, have I said too much? :/
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Your quarrel with vampires vs utility isn't silly at all. They really do look disgusting, and it's the main reason why I'm so hesitant at going vamp. Unfortunately, for me, the pros massively outweigh the cons and I need to infect myself.
    I run a Templar tank, and I just don't see how I could live without Vampire.

- Elusive Mist is amazing - it gives Templars/DKs huge mitigation and that extra speed they don't naturally have.
    - Invigorating drain is hard to beat when it comes to ultimate regeneration, and the stun it causes is rather hard for the enemy to break out of, on my max health tank it actually provides me with a huge heal.
    - Devouring Swarm, while it doesn't do a great deal of damage on my tank, if there's enough people around me I will stay alive. For characters built with max magicka and spell damage in mind, this ultimate is cheap, does a great deal of damage and you just won't die while it's up.
    - Undeath passive gives you around 33% damage mitigation when you're low health. This can literally save your life.
    - Supernatural Recovery.. well, who doesn't want extra stamina and magicka regeneration? =D

A majority of Vampire's fire weakness is negated by Champion Point passives since they lowered it to only 25%, so if you're magicka, there's really no reason NOT to go vampire unless you care about how you look.

So, whenever I create a brand new magicka character, the first things I do is

1. Get vamp
    2. Put on a costume and hide that disgusting face
    3. Profit

This is why I keep bringing up in threads that they ought to just make a mutually exclusive NON-MONSTER skill line, to allow people who are 'clean' to have something that the Vampires/Wolves don't have which balances things a bit. If this weren't a multiplayer game with competitive elements (PVE and PVP) it wouldn't matter, but it is.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can use skins to hide the vampirism effects.

I personally think it's worth becomming a vamp in most situations. You get additional recovery, take less damage at low hp and if you ever want to pvp mistform and bats are very usefull on a templar.
  • McI
    McI
    ✭✭✭
    You can wear a monster helm. That is, if the one that fits your build isn't terrible looking, some really are IMO.