Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

since zos was so nice to make a crown store only motiff

AzuraKin
AzuraKin
✭✭✭✭✭
i think its only fair that players who wish for someone to craft gear in this style should be able to donate mimic stones to the crafter, or zos should add a way to craft it without mimic stones.
v160 spellsword (nightblade)
v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
v160 assassin (nightblade)
v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a style stone, it's called Grinstone.....

Can be obtained by decon of Hollowjack items.....

Post #56 in this thread.....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/296755/official-discussion-thread-for-the-witches-festival-is-coming/p2

:)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You and your logic, OP :wink:
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/296755/official-discussion-thread-for-the-witches-festival-is-coming/p2

@freespirit When you decon hollowjack you get amber marble... not grinstone. Gina is referring to deconstructing Grim gear to get grinstones... which you need a mimic stone to craft in the first place.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can be obtained by decon of Grim Harlequin items.....

Unless it is actually in the game and someone has done it with Hollowjack, it is Grim Harlequin.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there is no discussion about the crown store motiff on that post past the bare minimum of its crowns only.
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea, I'm happy to make motiff styles for people but... the real money requirement for these makes it so that I'd have a hard time justifying making armor in this style for free
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Grim Harlequin stuff dropped to me when I run RoM. I was wondering where you get the style motif back then.
    I think you can get the style mats by deconstructing those. (That, or it was a bug with the style naming).
    Edited by Sinolai on October 14, 2016 5:00AM
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you confirm if things do drop in the style to deconstruct for the style mat, as if you can that would alleviate my concerns with this motif
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    Some Grim Harlequin stuff dropped to me when I run RoM. I was wondering where you get the style motif back then.
    I think you can get the style mats by deconstructing those. (That, or it was a bug with the style naming).

Someone on Reddit said it's a bug with the style naming. If you actually look at that RoM stuff it won't be the grim style.. it's different altogether.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes absolutely no sense. The only way to get tradable grinstone is to use a crown mimic stone to make a piece of grim harlequin gear, and then decon it.

But the only people who would want to buy grinstone are the people who already bought it...but they get 54 mimic stones with their purchase, so they don't need grinstone.

So what's the point of this again?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »

It's a naming bug. Not truly Harlequin...

The gear you looted is actually in the Mazzatun style. You'll find Amber Plasm, Heem-Jas' Retribution, and Aspect of Mazzatun to be styled with this motif.

Grim Harlequin only drops from one place: ....your wallet :(
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In business its not about selling a car, its about servicing it...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    This makes absolutely no sense. The only way to get tradable grinstone is to use a crown mimic stone to make a piece of grim harlequin gear, and then decon it.

But the only people who would want to buy grinstone are the people who already bought it...but they get 54 mimic stones with their purchase, so they don't need grinstone.

So what's the point of this again?

the point of any crafter to learn a motiff style is to craft it, not only for themselves if they like it, but for other players. so why put a motiff in the game that only way to craft it is with use of mimic stones that cannot be traded to another player and another player cannot trade crowns, or gift crowns. mimic stones (based on the number a person would generally need for a crafted set would for most people be 5 or roughtly 250 crowns worth of mimic stones) since the only way to craft it is with mimic stones, this means that i could craft for only 10 people before having to buy more mimic stones to continue to craft for people that style. so as i stated originally, players should be either able to donate/gift crowns, trade/gift mimic stones, or add in a way to get the style mat without mimic stones, or another i guess would be to update crafting screen to allow you to craft items with the grim harlequin set using the recipient's stones and upon creation, it goes to thier inventory instead of yours. (and now that i think about it that could be a overall general improvement to crafting for others part of crafting).
  • BrianDavion
    BrianDavion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I definatly think making mimic stones tradeable would address this. it might actually sell more mimic stones.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about not making the motif crown shop only :/
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought it, and to be honest, apart from the dangly scrolls and the cool epulats it looks like any of the thief/scout costumes.

wish id saved my 2200 crowns
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it has begun the money to in game currency converter.
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    all these crown store motifs are just bloody non-sense and pure hype cash grab
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    all these crown store motifs are just bloody non-sense and pure hype cash grab

How dare a game company release a purely cosmetic cash shop item to try make money and develop new content. Burn them!
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zuto40 wrote: »
    how about not making the motif crown shop only :/
    Than ZoS wouldn't have threads like this to read while their laughing to the bank.
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »
    I bought it, and to be honest, apart from the dangly scrolls and the cool epulats it looks like any of the thief/scout costumes.

@Suter1972 could you be a darling and post a screenshot?
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    sadownik wrote: »

@sadownik im at work so cant at minute but you may find this link VERY useful

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/289298/grim-harlequin-and-hollow-jack-all-weights-all-genders
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Suter1972 thanks!
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know you can preview it right? Click on the 'motif book' and click <, > to view light, medium and heavy.
    sadownik wrote: »

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

True. I tried to buy a car at a McDonalds and was denied. However, if I went throigh drive through in my car, I did get service.

AzuraKin wrote: »

the point of any crafter to learn a motiff style is to craft it, not only for themselves if they like it, but for other players. so why put a motiff in the game that only way to craft it is with use of mimic stones that cannot be traded to another player and another player cannot trade crowns, or gift crowns. mimic stones (based on the number a person would generally need for a crafted set would for most people be 5 or roughtly 250 crowns worth of mimic stones) since the only way to craft it is with mimic stones, this means that i could craft for only 10 people before having to buy more mimic stones to continue to craft for people that style. so as i stated originally, players should be either able to donate/gift crowns, trade/gift mimic stones, or add in a way to get the style mat without mimic stones, or another i guess would be to update crafting screen to allow you to craft items with the grim harlequin set using the recipient's stones and upon creation, it goes to thier inventory instead of yours. (and now that i think about it that could be a overall general improvement to crafting for others part of crafting).

You missed a memo. With One Tamriel, the main purpose of crafting is to craft armor and weapons for yourself. If you don't want to level crafting, the dropped sets are perfectly suitable. Everything is now properly aligned in this manner.

Of course, if you want to craft for others, you can still do this, but be aware that this is not a primary thrust of the game.
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

True. I tried to buy a car at a McDonalds and was denied. However, if I went throigh drive through in my car, I did get service.

AzuraKin wrote: »

You missed a memo. With One Tamriel, the main purpose of crafting is to craft armor and weapons for yourself. If you don't want to level crafting, the dropped sets are perfectly suitable. Everything is now properly aligned in this manner.

Of course, if you want to craft for others, you can still do this, but be aware that this is not a primary thrust of the game.

ok then, lets make all motiffs in the game drop from group dungeon final bosses with a guaranteed page then with exception holiday and trial ones as those fine as is, but if they dont want people crafting for others, then the motiffs need to be something that can easily be farmed for.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this idea, I'm happy to make motiff styles for people but... the real money requirement for these makes it so that I'd have a hard time justifying making armor in this style for free

I did some quick calculations a week or so ago using then current conversion rates, Crowns (for Mimic Stones) > USD$ > ESO Gold. Figured you should charge about 8k ESO Gold per piece, not including mats, traits, tempers.
    Edited by Number_51 on October 14, 2016 3:43PM
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mayrael

Brilliant observation. People think they are making money off just selling a CS Exclusive motif, but you only get 54 mimic stones. It's quit a few, but they ultimately translate into real money. At some point you will have to buy more mimic stones in order to make anyone this style.

Plus, the more junk they make you waste your "saved" crowns on, the more likely you will have to buy more crowns when player housing drops.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mayrael

Brilliant observation. People think they are making money off just selling a CS Exclusive motif, but you only get 54 mimic stones. It's quit a few, but they ultimately translate into real money. At some point you will have to buy more mimic stones in order to make anyone this style.

Plus, the more junk they make you waste your "saved" crowns on, the more likely you will have to buy more crowns when player housing drops.

Ultimately, I expect that this will be the purpose of future Motifs. They will likely transition from being available in the game to being only available in the Crown Store. New ones, that is. The existing ones will stay where they are. I would view these as being more than enough for the "base game" and simply make all the new ones "premium". I can't see why ZOS would do it differently, other than the obvious reasons that probably don't interest them.

And, I also think that ZOS is much less concerned about "Dollars->Crowns->Gold" than they used to be.
    Edited by Elsonso on October 14, 2016 4:03PM