The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

PC - Console Interface

nimander99
nimander99
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ive been toying around with the console interface on PC, and there are certain elements I really like about the console interface for instance the damage numbers font is slightly, either different or larger, but I find it more esthetically pleasing. The menu options also remind me a lot of Skyrim and reading lorebooks is way better with the console interface activated. I found an Oblivion interface conversion (which I couldn't get to work for some reason) and it was a cool idea.

So my question is this. Is there an add-on that allows partial use of console interface options, something I can pick and choose which options to enable/disable?

Edit: I don't use a controller btw.
Edited by nimander99 on October 11, 2016 4:15PM
I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
"Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
"moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
"MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
"MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
"MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
"MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
"MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
"MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
"MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
"MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand, the Console UI is pretty much a separate UI than the K/M UI is. So, not sure how successful an addon author would be at combining them as you can't really use them at the same time.

There are addons that handle the damage numbers better. Me, I gave up on the flying numbers on screen, they move to fast to be evaluated, and are kind of distracting. I use Combat Log Statistics now as I can scroll back through the logs and see all the events in the fight or last few fights. And, my screen is clearer.

Never tried the Lorebooks aspect of the controller UI, but the PC one seems pretty easy to deal with, a right click turns the page, what else do you need it to do?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the response @Nestor as far as the lorebooks go, I'd recommend checking it out, its more of a traditional Scrolls style lorebook, large font and multiple pages vs. the wall 'o text we get with the PC lorebooks. Its just one of those things that gives it a more Elder Scrolls feel.

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah I see, its more like the old games.

Funny, if you go to the Imperial Library and actually copy and paste the text into say an Word Doc or similar, there is not all that much text in a book. But, in the game, especially on the older games and I guess the console UI, it does feel more like a book rather than a paragraph or two of text. It was especially jarring to notice this back in Morrowind in the first editor we had for the game.

• nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ah I see, its more like the old games.

Funny, if you go to the Imperial Library and actually copy and paste the text into say an Word Doc or similar, there is not all that much text in a book. But, in the game, especially on the older games and I guess the console UI, it does feel more like a book rather than a paragraph or two of text. It was especially jarring to notice this back in Morrowind in the first editor we had for the game.

Yes, this exactly! If I could just take this one feature from the beta console version on PC, it would add to the overall flavor of the Scrolls experience.

In your previous response it sounded like these two systems are entirely separate and not possible for modders to use. I admit I know nothing about what goes into modding, but it would sure be cool to just add the console style lorebook to the pc interface.

PS: I used to hand write all the Morrowind text for notes. Id also write some of the books out and also came to the realization they weren't that long. :p

Glad you checked it out @Nestor

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are two seperate UIs in that you can't use them both at the same time. But, it maybe possible for a modder to make a "frame" as it were to display the text in a different format. However checking at ESOUI, where any mod for this game would be, there is nothing I can find.

You could try making your own addon, you don't need an Editor or anything

http://wiki.esoui.com/Writing_your_first_addon